The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

Do people have better success betting on instinct (whatever that actually means), or studiously analysing the form and the such?

Not that it makes much difference for me currently. :lol: Just interested.

Do people have better success betting on instinct (whatever that actually means), or studiously analysing the form and the such?

Not that it makes much difference for me currently. :lol: Just interested.

I usually do a 5 team accumulator at the weekend, looking at all the major European leagues.

I always check soccerstats.com for home vs away disparities and soccerway.com for form guide.

But it doesn't do any good, as I usually lose anyway. :)

I have a list in my head of bets I won't do(scottish football/lower leagues midweek, english league cup etc) the rules get broken occasionally though if I have a certain feeling about something. I do a mix of instinct and form etc Neil. Usually I'll have a look at the games and identify the ones that interest me then I check a few other sites for tips and other possibles and then go with them based on this and the form or whatever.

Fantastic, Roma have conceded at home within 2 minutes. Pricks.

..but Napoli and Udinese have scored early :thup: have those three and AC Milan.

I would assume these are the games that were postponed when the Italian footballer who's name escapes me died.

Fiorentina have barely touched the ball like, but Roma just don't look like they're actually gonna do anything with it. A little like Barca last night. We'll see. Hopefully owld Luis Enrique can give em a bollocking.

Wormy, on the subject of NBA bets, get yourself on the handicap accumulators over the next few days, back the shit teams handicaps as they are resting their big players for the playoffs (the UK bookies don't really pick up on this).

Ahh, I see - not a bad shout actually. I would expect Rooney to score 2 from the last 3 games but RVP should get at least 1. Dead Heat rule wouldn't pay out much (split stake)