The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

If I had more than a casual interest in it, I would. That said, it appears knowing stuff about football teams is getting me no-fucking-where. :lol:

:lol:

I mentioned to Rey Mysterio about doing a little write up each weekend to help people out on here but it's difficult as we usually make last minute decisions. A lot is dependent on weather and team news too which again means not knowing what to back until late on.

Got £2 put in my Coral account because I hadn't bet for a while with them. Stuck it on an 8-fold. Roma are cunts. Should've had £100 of free money.

Been reading about betting rules and shit. Still trying to understand the Trixie, patent and crap. For example, a Trixie -

"A Trixie consists of 4 bets involving 3 selections in different events. The bet includes 3 doubles and 1 treble. A minimum of 2 of your selections must be successful to get a return."

A Trixie consists of 4 bets? Are those 4 separate bet slips (consisting of whatever amount of doubles, trebles, etc)  that has to be purchased or what? And if I get 2 of them correctly, I win?

Been reading about betting rules and shit. Still trying to understand the Trixie, patent and crap. For example, a Trixie -

"A Trixie consists of 4 bets involving 3 selections in different events. The bet includes 3 doubles and 1 treble. A minimum of 2 of your selections must be successful to get a return."

A Trixie consists of 4 bets? Are those 4 separate bet slips (consisting of whatever amount of doubles, trebles, etc)  that has to be purchased or what? And if I get 2 of them correctly, I win?

A trixie is four separate bets.

So if you choose teams A, B and C to win, the trixie will be:

A&B

A&C

B&C

A&B&C

That's it really.

Guest je85

Hedged my 5/1 £100 bet for City to win the title by putting £200 on Man Utd to win the title, guaranteeing that I win approx £300. :notbad:

:thup: Respect

I take it that bet is too late now? :lol:

As Man City won't be 5/1 anywhere anymore, aye too late.

Hedged my 5/1 £100 bet for City to win the title by putting £200 on Man Utd to win the title, guaranteeing that I win approx £300. :notbad:

:thup: Respect

I take it that bet is too late now? :lol:

If you fancy Newcastle to get something today, probably not. If you bet on Man Utd now, if we get something today, Man City will be well over evens before kick-off vs Swansea.

A trixie is four separate bets.

So if you choose teams A, B and C to win, the trixie will be:

A&B

A&C

B&C

A&B&C

That's it really.

Oh, I get it now. :facepalm:

Thanks, dude. Went for the same trixie as you. (Only staked £2, mind.)