The 2011-2012 Betting Thread: Last call for 2011/12 football, pretty much

Stu

Fuck it, I'm logging off BetFair and withdrawing my £50. I'm not going to get involved in this shit.

:thup: a wise move.

It's far from shit; in fact, it's the exact opposite, but you're far too impatient to get anything out of it :(

Why do you want a moneyback special on Germany to win if you're wanting to back Germany to win it? ???

I'm looking for something similar to the BV Spain offer. I mean, the only reason I joined BF last night was because I saw an offer of £35 back if my bet losses.

Looking for something like that.

Play to win, rather than playing to try not to lose everything and you might reap a profit.

There are plenty of good offers going around the various bookies, check out oddschecker as je85 suggests or type "best euro 2012 betting offers" into google and see the plethora of options there.

In a sense, Betfair would be ideal for you, as you could get stuck into what you fancy and then lay off your bet once the inevitable jitters come knocking.

Don't think I will be betting on Germany anymore, mate. Might just save my money to buy accys during the Euros.

Cheers anyway. :thup:

Fuck it, I'm logging off BetFair and withdrawing my £50. I'm not going to get involved in this shit.

It's far from shit; in fact, it's the exact opposite, but you're far too impatient to get anything out of it :(

Why do you want a moneyback special on Germany to win if you're wanting to back Germany to win it? ???

I'm looking for something similar to the BV Spain offer. I mean, the only reason I joined BF last night was because I saw an offer of £35 back if my bet losses.

Play to win, rather than playing to try not to lose everything and you might reap a profit.

There are plenty of good offers going around the various bookies, check out oddschecker as je85 suggests or type "best euro 2012 betting offers" into google and see the plethora of options there.

In a sense, Betfair would be ideal for you, as you could get stuck into what you fancy and then lay off your bet once the inevitable jitters come knocking.

Don't think I will be betting on Germany anymore, mate. Might just save my money to buy accys during the Euros.

How much's your budget for the Euros btw? Back for the big betting?

I'll probably wouldn't spend more than £25 now. Mostly on accumulators I think.

I've already bought 4 other bets few days ago..... so hopefully I'll make something out of the Euros. (Although, assuming I spend the next £25,  I'm fully expecting to lose £105 all together)

I've already bought 4 other bets few days ago..... so hopefully I'll make something out of the Euros. (Although, assuming I spend the next £25,  I'm fully expecting to lose £105 all together)

Losing 105 would be quite accetable, though. First stop losing, then start winning. Worked for me.

Also, international tournament football can be terribly hard to predict. I remember myself losing hundreds of Euros in the first week of the WC 2010. Ronaldo - probably the best in the business that time on here - didn't bet at all for the first full week of games iirc.

Class if one of the teams accidentally scores in the 90th minute. Like, boots it towards goal but as a pass so the keeper will have it, but instead twats it into the top corner, a stonking goal. :lol:

"14 minutes of added time."

Losing 105 would be quite accetable, though. First stop losing, then start winning. Worked for me.

Also, international tournament football can be terribly hard to predict. I remember myself losing hundreds of Euros in the first week of the WC 2010. Ronaldo - probably the best in the business that time on here - didn't bet at all for the first full week of games iirc.

It's all relative; if his bank is currenly sat at -£700 (thanks Bayern), then another -£105 is pretty drastic

It's all relative; if his bank is currenly sat at -£700 (thanks Bayern), then another -£105 is pretty drastic

Nah, relatively comfortably (for my standards) in the black at the moment. Big money stakes are now over for me. Simple as that.

Ah right, aye, I was meaning strictly betting money.

In that case, if I spend £25 more on the Euros, I will be offically £1000 down since I started. :(

I will still carry on betting when the new season starts but, if I don't claw anything back quickly, I think then I will probably call it a career as far as betting is concerned.  :'(

I think you just need to forget about that grand like Dinho, just try and pretend id didn't exist :lol:

You may win it back eventually but you need to forget about it as a target

:lol: I know, but I still need to keep track of how much I'm losing.

:thup: solid advice - have a weekly limit (£50 win, £20 loss). As soon as you hit either of those, stop betting for that week. If you concentrate on just trying to hit that £50 as carefully as possible each week, you'll find yourself taking care of the previous losses in no time.