The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

:cheesy:

What's your problem? Why is it such a ridiculous statement?

Because Zidane was obviously better. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Why was Zidane better? What does he have over Iniesta apart from the mythical 'aura' and hype machine.

Actually, I'd have Ronaldinho just behind those 2 I mentioned.

I reckon players feared him at his peak as much as they do the current 'big two'. Atleast those two are cogs in functioning systems, Ronaldinho was sheer unpredictability.

Ronaldinho is the most entertaining players to ever play the game.  Even Messi can't come close when it comes to skill/flair, although his goalscoring and outright directness more than make up for it.

Zidane is above all of them you named Sewelly.

Messi is already well ahead of Zidane at his peak.

Always better to judge these things a few years after they've retired anyway. At one point Zidane was the best eva!!!!!, but he wasn't even the best ever Frenchman, before him it was Ronaldo, who's peak was way too short to be considered and after him it was Ronaldinho, who wouldn't get in the top 50.

I reckon players feared him at his peak as much as they do the current 'big two'. Atleast those two are cogs in functioning systems, Ronaldinho was sheer unpredictability.

Ronaldinho is the most entertaining players to ever play the game.  Even Messi can't come close when it comes to skill/flair, although his goalscoring and outright directness more than make up for it.

Completely agree. I think he's still my favourite player to watch, ever. I like watching Barca now because they're the best team I've ever seen, I watched them back then to see one player.

Clearly never saw Rivellino. twice the player Ronaldinho was.

Always better to judge these things a few years after they've retired anyway. At one point Zidane was the best eva!!!!!, but he wasn't even the best ever Frenchman, before him it was Ronaldo, who's peak was way too short to be considered and after him it was Ronaldinho, who wouldn't get in the top 50.

That's a bit much like. Short lived peak, but it was a bloody good peak. He had all the talent to keep going if he wanted to.

Utter bollocks that whole post.

The bloke is 65 - of course we never saw him.  :lol:

Guest bimpy474

:D

Because Zidane was obviously better. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Why was Zidane better? What does he have over Iniesta apart from the mythical 'aura' and hype machine.

Zidane was an elegant player, he was a player who no one could touch. Chosen three times best in the world says everything, IMO.

:lol: Man Im born in 1991, and Ive seen many matches he played. You just have to have an interest to watch them.

Zidane was an elegant player, he was a player who no one could touch. Chosen three times best in the world says everything, IMO.

He wouldn't be getting those awards if he was playing during this era, though.

I think he and Messi would be competing for it, the same way he and Ronaldo were for a while.

I think he and Messi would be competing for it, the same way he and Ronaldo were for a while.

Xavi > Zidane too.

You mad bro.

Completely agree. I think he's still my favourite player to watch, ever. I like watching Barca now because they're the best team I've ever seen, I watched them back then to see one player.

I was like that with Rivaldo.

I'd sit down and watch Barcelona and anytime Rivaldo wasn't playing I'd be gutted.. then Ronaldinho came along.  Just shows how special Ronny was that he can completely eclipse a player like Rivaldo.

That's a bit much like. Short lived peak, but it was a bloody good peak. He had all the talent to keep going if he wanted to.

It's not really. Top 50 most entertaining, no way top 50 over his career. He might not be in the top 20 Brazilians.

Zidane won everything you could, in his last 4 matches of his career he guided a poor team under an idiot to a world cup final. He decided a World Cup Final on his own, he won decided a CL final, he was the best player on teams that won everything.

Xavi and Iniesta have done everything Zidane has done along with being much more consistent on a season long basis.

Both are as good in possession with Xavi being a much better passer and Iniesta a better dribbler.

Twice. One of those for scoring two headers in the world cup final more than anything, the defence contributed far more to that win and he nearly fucked it up by getting suspended for half of the tournament (as he did 8 years later). Ronaldo for one was a better player that year.