The other games today - 2011/12

Baggio

People being convinced that Barton is a better central midfielder than Carrick = :lol:

Difference in ability couldn't have been highlighted more clearly with that goal.

Not just saying this, but I've always rated Carrick. Even when people were lambasting him for being shite, I dunno, there's something about him I really like. Didn't Alonso/Xavi say he had a Spanish-esque style about him? He has the technical ability IMO, just has lacked consistency.

I like that both Wellbeck and Sturridge are developing into exceptionally good players. Both should be going to the EC.

Absolutely scandalous if Sturridge doesn't go. Welbeck I like the look of but not on the same scale.

Same goes with Phil Jones.

Guest kingdawson

People being convinced that Barton is a better central midfielder than Carrick = :lol:

Difference in ability couldn't have been highlighted more clearly with that goal.

Not just saying this, but I've always rated Carrick. Even when people were lambasting him for being s****, I dunno, there's something about him I really like. Didn't Alonso/Xavi say he had a Spanish-esque style about him? He has the technical ability IMO, just has lacked consistency.

Carrick is pure class man. He was exceptional the time he was with us but he's the sort of player that needs to play for your club to appreciate everything he bring to the table imo.

Not just saying this, but I've always rated Carrick. Even when people were lambasting him for being shite, I dunno, there's something about him I really like. Didn't Alonso/Xavi say he had a Spanish-esque style about him? He has the technical ability IMO, just has lacked consistency.

He's a very good technically and can make some fantastic passes. Funnily enough, he lacks the raw athleticism of other English midfielders :lol:

Guest kingdawson

I like that both Wellbeck and Sturridge are developing into exceptionally good players. Both should be going to the EC.

Absolutely scandalous if Sturridge doesn't go. Welbeck I like the look of but not on the same scale.

Same goes with Phil Jones.

Agreed. When Luka was linked with Chelsea i said i would do any realistic deal that involved Sturridge. He imho has the ability to be world class (as does Jones imo). Welbeck probably isn't gonna reach those levels but i'd definately still take him to the Euros.

Not just saying this, but I've always rated Carrick. Even when people were lambasting him for being s****, I dunno, there's something about him I really like. Didn't Alonso/Xavi say he had a Spanish-esque style about him? He has the technical ability IMO, just has lacked consistency.

Carrick is pure class man. He was exceptional the time he was with us but he's the sort of player that needs to play for your club to appreciate everything he bring to the table imo.

He seems to have lacked some confidence at Man Utd. When he's on form he's a very smooth player to watch, sprays the passes about with aplomb.

Guest Chubby Jason

Really? The bloke does next to nothing the whole time he's on the pitch. He's s***.

Because s*** players play 250 games for Man United.

I don't give a fuck how many games he's played for them, he's played during an era when they've had their worst set of centre midfielders in years. He's shit, and one scuffed finish against QPR won't change that.