Pardew on Total Sport tonight

Big Geordie

I wonder what Pardew would have to say to appease some people here. Thought he sounded relaxed and came across pretty positive.

RE: Nolan and Enrique, if they dont want to play for us its best they do go- fact.

RE: 35m Would it really be better to squander this money on anyone immediately? Or would it be better to be patient and spend wisely. I am not an Ashley fan, but so far this summer we have done well so far imo.

I wonder what Pardew would have to say to appease some people here. Thought he sounded relaxed and came across pretty positive.

RE: Nolan and Enrique, if they dont want to play for us its best they do go- fact.

RE: 35m Would it really be better to squander this money on anyone immediately? Or would it be better to be patient and spend wisely. I am not an Ashley fan, but so far this summer we have done well so far imo.

Agree with you, don't know where the negative feeling has come from. Maybe the order of things, I'm guessing if Nolan had left before Cabaye, Ba and Marveaux arrived the feeling would be a lot more positive.

For me we've done well so far this summer, but then I was never going to base it on whether we make a net loss of £35m on transfers.

If we get a good striker in I will be more than satisfied. If we sell any more players they will have to be replaced with like or better and I will alos be more than satisified.

Not too bothered about if we spend the 35M or not, just that we improve on what we already had....

Guest johnson293

If we get a good striker in I will be more than satisfied. If we sell any more players they will have to be replaced with like or better and I will alos be more than satisified.

Not too bothered about if we spend the 35M or not, just that we improve on what we already had....

^ Agree with this.

No.

What does it get you then?

you know we'll make a profit on the enrique replacement too. as many others have said it's the squad that matters and as long as we improve on the pitch we should be happy, i can't shake this feeling that we could improve so much more with our resources though.

Who knows, we havn't spent it all yet according to Pardew.

Where are you getting the idea that we have?

Actions speak louder than words and so far we have 2 free transfers and a training ground upgrade, I don't need Pardew to tell me we haven't spent it, and we're unlikely to spend it.

Even though we were told that we were close to breaking even without selling Carroll.

you know we'll make a profit on the enrique replacement too. as many others have said it's the squad that matters and as long as we improve on the pitch we should be happy, i can't shake this feeling that we could improve so much more with our resources though.

I'm not even sure that we have improved on the pitch, we'll have to wait and see but we've shipped out a lot of goals that will need replacing or we'll have to tighten up at the back just to tread water.

Who knows, we havn't spent it all yet according to Pardew.

Where are you getting the idea that we have?

Actions speak louder than words and so far we have 2 free transfers and a training ground upgrade, I don't need Pardew to tell me we haven't spent it, and we're unlikely to spend it.

Even though we were told that we were close to breaking even without selling Carroll.

Excellent. When they have said they've spent it, let's discuss what it got us then then, eh.

I'm not even sure that we have improved on the pitch, we'll have to wait and see but we've shipped out a lot of goals that will need replacing or we'll have to tighten up at the back just to tread water.

i share your concerns, especially considering the fitness concerns of Ba and Marveaux

Excellent. When they have said they've spent it, let's discuss what it got us then then, eh.

Love it, now we have to wait until we've spent it.  That'll mean we can't discuss it this transfer window.

“We are trying to locate one or two development players that cost more than you think.

I assume the development players will be Neil Taylor and 1 other (hopefully CB or RB cover) and this is over and above the two offensive players we are targeting.  If they also take the view of signing a replacement for Enrique should he go it could still end up a decent transfer window.

Funny how the general consensus now seems to be that nobody's bothered about investing that money ' as long as we improve'.

I don't remember that being the case in February when the patter from the usual suspects was how much this money would improve the team. Just goes to show how much certain people will contradict themselves to defend every decision the club makes.

If we're not bothered about the money, could we not have kept our centre forward?

They never will say that though.

Whether they say it or not makes no odds tbh, it's pointless to discuss figures outside of the published accounts.

Fact is though, Pardew has said we are still to spend (wherever the money comes from), so whatever the figures, stating that £35m gets you 2 free and an upgraded training pitch is a nonsense.

They never will say that though.

Whether they say it or not makes no odds tbh, it's pointless to discuss figures outside of the published accounts.

Fact is though, Pardew has said we are still to spend (wherever the money comes from), so whatever the figures, stating that £35m gets you 2 free and an upgraded training pitch is a nonsense.

So we can't discuss it until they tell us it's been spent, but they won't tell us and it makes no difference anyway. Great.

What has the £35 million got us so far?

Love it, now we have to wait until we've spent it.  That'll mean we can't discuss it this transfer window.

Saying £35 million only gets you 2 frees and an upgraded ground is not a discussion, it's just bollocks.

What has the £35 million got us so far?

£35m into the clubs coffers, beyond that who the ferk knows.

Hope it allows us the ability to react to opportunities in the next 2 months of the transfer window, if there are any, that otherwise we might have missed out on.