FAO NUFCtv subscribers

Dave

Just a reminder for people like me who previously had a cheaper deal.

Dear DAVID

We are currently working on improvements to NUFC that will give you a much higher quality viewing and match day experience which will be launching on 10th September.

As of 5-Aug-11 your subscription will start to be billed at £29.99 a year. We know that you will enjoy the improvements that we are making and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support.

NUFC TV Team

Don't forget to cancel in the next few days if you don't want to pay it.

So let me get this straight, your current deal is expiring and they're offering you a new one which is terrible value?

Hmmm. Wait until you cancel, and they ask you to put it in writing...

Does this effect my monthly deal?

Probably not. I just wanted to remind people like me - I was happily paying £11.99 per year or something as per my first one a few years ago. They're stopping that.

So let me get this straight, your current deal is expiring and they're offering you a new one which is terrible value?

Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias - Shitting on customers since 2007...

Actually, took 2 minutes on the Sunderland site.

"12 months access followed by a £34.99 repeating subscription, unless cancelled"

Guest Heneage

Tbf they finally seem to be pulling their finger out and actually getting some good quality features on board. I know when they advertised the position Rob Scanlon now holds part of the job detail was to 'bring inventive ideas for raising subscriber numbers'.

And Chelsea website.

£44.99 Per Year

Repeating annual subscription giving full access to Chelsea TV until cancelled. 10% discount will be given if you pay by direct debit - select payment option further down.

And Chelsea website.

£44.99 Per Year

Repeating annual subscription giving full access to Chelsea TV until cancelled. 10% discount will be given if you pay by direct debit - select payment option further down.

What's your point? It has always cost me £12 per year, now they want £30 so I'm cancelling. The thread was just intended as a reminder to people who might want to do the same.

I'm replying to...

Aye, I've had the e-mail about this and the letter about the club membership this week as well.

Basically if I now want access to the video section of the website and the chance to buy match tickets I have to spend £47.50 a season. Jesus wept. Think it was £22 last time around.

I'm not much one for moaning at anything and everything, but that's a bit of a kick in the knackers.

I'm replying to...

It's a 250% increase man. :lol:

Guest neesy111

If the new 30 quid service is much better than the current service then the extra charges can be justified, though I think ST holders should automatically be added for free to such services.  I do wonder if the club have done any new market research to see the impact of raising the price etc, probably not.

I'm replying to...

It's a 250% increase man. :lol:

If the new 30 quid service is much better than the current service then the extra charges can be justified, though I think ST holders should automatically be added for free to such services.  I do wonder if the club have done any new market research to see the impact of raising the price etc, probably not.

The service isn't changing as far as I'm aware. It's been steadily improving in terms of features, as has been mentioned, but the production values and general quality of everything is still epically gash at times.

Well maybe Ashley was kidnapped by top secret Government officials and they put a gun to his head and forced him to raise the prices, or they'd kill his kids.

It's not his fault he's trying to protect his kids. Cut the guy some slack ffs.

I was wrong with my pricing by the way. It's actually £49.44. Have to pay £1.95 for postage on the membership pack now too. They didn't even send it to my correct address last time, so I didn't get any of the stuff. :lol: