Enrique's replacement

TRon

Out of curiosity, highly unlikely but if we were to get Barnetta and M'Bengue in before the transfer window closes how would people feel?

Under current circumstances I would wet my bed in excitement. I think both players are potentially better, although naturally they could also both flop. I would be more than happy, but still expecting a decent striker to be brought in as well.

If we don't get M'Bengue, I've honestly got no idea who we'll sign.

I was always expecting Enrique to go though, so hopefully we have planned for this eventuality.

:dowie:

:lol:

I said hopefully!

I know we didn't replace Carroll, but I think because this departure has been on the cards for ages we must have at least identified some players. Even we can't start the season with no left backs in the squad.

If we don't get M'Bengue, I've honestly got no idea who we'll sign.

I was always expecting Enrique to go though, so hopefully we have planned for this eventuality.

:dowie:

:lol:

I said hopefully!

I know we didn't replace Carroll, but I think because this departure has been on the cards for ages we must have at least identified some players. Even we can't start the season with no left backs in the squad.

ferguson will be told is best position is LB, probably ruin the kids career while we're at it :thup:

Guest Roger Kint

M'Bengue

PVA

Bridge

Shorey

Warnock

A N Other

Who would honestly be shocked to see Warnock/Shorey arrivefor about £1m?  :puke:

M'Bengue will not want to come here.

Toulouse will not want to sell him.

Toulouse will sell and M'Bengue will sign if the money is right. The wages will be less than Enrique was on and the fee will be more or less covered by the Enrique sale. The only real obstacle will be whether we will be prepared to pay the fee or go for the safe but cheap option of Warnock or Shorey. On past form you have to fear it will be the latter.

This is really the first big sale we've made recently where a direct "replacement" is immediately necessary. Even with Carroll we had numbers up front, and if Barton goes we've already bought midfielders.

I just hope Ashley proves everyone wrong by going out and getting a decent LB. It would be stupid to do anything else.

Toulouse will sell and M'Bengue will sign if the money is right. The wages will be less than Enrique was on and the fee will be more or less covered by the Enrique sale. The only real obstacle will be whether we will be prepared to pay the fee or go for the safe but cheap option of Warnock or Shorey. On past form you have to fear it will be the latter.

He's going to cost at least £8-10 million, was widely reported we were unwilling to pay more than £5 million. If he goes anywhere this summer, it will be Marseille.

Guest Wally_McFool

I just hope Ashley proves everyone wrong by going out and getting a decent LB. It would be stupid to do anything else.

This could be easier said than done given that the reputation of Mike Ashley's Newcastle United  is probably getting worse by the hour.

This could be easier said than done given that the reputation of Mike Ashley's Newcastle United  is probably getting worse by the hour.

Possibly, TBF though everyone I've spoken to about the Barton situation just thinks the player is being a twat. I've not found anyone yet who blames the club.

Obviously they aren't NUFC fans and aren't as close to it as us, but I think in the wider world the Barton thing won't affect us that much.

He's going to cost at least £8-10 million, was widely reported we were unwilling to pay more than £5 million. If he goes anywhere this summer, it will be Marseille.

The deal could be done for less than that IMO, in any case we have the money even at those prices. In any case, the money we get from Enrique regardless of money we've received for other players is more than enough to get us a damn good prospect at left back.

M'Bengue

PVA

Bridge

Shorey

Warnock

A N Other

Who would honestly be shocked to see Warnock/Shorey arrivefor about £1m?  :puke:

Me.

If that was the 'policy' we would have signed Reo Coker rather than Cabaye.

We'll be looking at a young player from the UK or abroad, not a past it player on inflated wages (for their ability)