Enrique's replacement

TRon

seriously is bridge available on loan, assuming man city would agree to pay some of his wages i reckon that'd be nailed on like

how did he do on loan at west ham?

Pretty shit, tbh. Would rather have Warnock - can see McCleish wanting to keep him there though.

Guest Roger Kint

M'Bengue

PVA

Bridge

Shorey

Warnock

A N Other

Who would honestly be shocked to see Warnock/Shorey arrivefor about £1m?  :puke:

Me.

If that was the 'policy' we would have signed Reo Coker rather than Cabaye.

We'll be looking at a young player from the UK or abroad, not a past it player on inflated wages (for their ability)

Who is talking about 'policy'? Either will be a cheap alternative, nothing more.

As for NRC over Cabaye, we got Cabaye on a great deal and even a poor time here will have little difficulty selling him whereas NRC is fucking shite and will be another Smith-like deadweight.

M'Bengue

PVA

Bridge

Shorey

Warnock

A N Other

Who would honestly be shocked to see Warnock/Shorey arrivefor about £1m?  :puke:

Me.

We'll be looking at a young player from the UK or abroad, not a past it player on inflated wages (for their ability)

Who is talking about 'policy'? Either will be a cheap alternative, nothing more.

As for NRC over Cabaye, we got Cabaye on a great deal and even a poor time here will have little difficulty selling him whereas NRC is fucking shite and will be another Smith-like deadweight.

Exactly, which is why they would go for a similar exampe for a left back and not one of Shorey etc

Bridge looked awful when he played for West Ham last season.

I'd like to go for someone younger and with more hunger.  Paddy Van Aanholt?

Signed a four-year deal in May. Would only be available on loan = stop-gap.

The cunts that run this club need to pull their fingers out of their arses and bring in a replacement for Jose, who is proven in top-flight football and will look to be here long-term.

I'd like to go for someone younger and with more hunger.  Paddy Van Aanholt?

The c***s that run this club need to pull their fingers out of their arses and bring in a replacement for Jose, who is proven in top-flight football and will look to be here long-term.

With a month to go, I'd go for a loan deal rather than buying dross in like Shorey or Warnock, or relying on Ferguson, Tavernier to step up.

But I agree, they must have something planned to bring someone in, surely?! :D

The c***s that run this club need to pull their fingers out of their arses and bring in a replacement for Jose, who is proven in top-flight football and will look to be here long-term.

With a month to go, I'd go for a loan deal rather than buying dross in like Shorey or Warnock, or relying on Ferguson, Tavernier to step up.

It isn't with a month to go, we've known Enrique was off all summer. We should have genuine targets ready to pursue rather than last minute bodge up deals designed to keep the balance book looking healthy.

Guest Roger Kint

M'Bengue

PVA

Bridge

Shorey

Warnock

A N Other

Me.

As for NRC over Cabaye, we got Cabaye on a great deal and even a poor time here will have little difficulty selling him whereas NRC is f***ing s**** and will be another Smith-like deadweight.

Exactly, which is why they would go for a similar exampe for a left back and not one of Shorey etc

You made the stupid NRC/Cabaye link not the club, they signed a French Int for a great deal early doors because it was a fantastic deal nowt else. No reason to say they wont go for a cheap option like Shorey tbh

It isn't with a month to go, we've known Enrique was off all summer. We should have genuine targets ready to pursue rather than last minute bodge up deals designed to keep the balance book looking healthy.

Absolutely. No way should there be any excuses for not bringing in a decent LB. I'll be fucking livid if it ends up being an over-the-hill plodder like Warnock or Bridge. Fucking livid.

Absolutely. No way should there be any excuses for not bringing in a decent LB. I'll be fucking livid if it ends up being an over-the-hill plodder like Warnock or Bridge. Fucking livid.

Warnock will stay at Villa. It's going to be someone like Bridge or Shorey, which would be a travesty.

M'Bengue

PVA

Bridge

Shorey

Warnock

A N Other

Me.

As for NRC over Cabaye, we got Cabaye on a great deal and even a poor time here will have little difficulty selling him whereas NRC is f***ing s**** and will be another Smith-like deadweight.

You made the stupid NRC/Cabaye link not the club, they signed a French Int for a great deal early doors because it was a fantastic deal nowt else. No reason to say they wont go for a cheap option like Shorey tbh

No the point is, if all MA is interested in is briniging in players as cheaply a possible we would have gone down the NRC route, the fact(?) is that the club have looked to exploit contracts to bring in younger players, which is what I think they will do with a left back (if one is bought and not 'promoted')

M'Bengue

PVA

Bridge

Shorey

Warnock

A N Other

Me.

No the point is, if all MA is interested in is briniging in players as cheaply a possible we would have gone down the NRC route, the fact(?) is that the club have looked to exploit contracts to bring in younger players, which is what I think they will do with a left back (if one is bought and not 'promoted')

Yeah, we're definitely not just looking for any cheap players. We're just not signing players unless they're also quite cheap.

Still think we might end up with a stop-gap player on loan at LB, but that will be out of necessity rather than because it fits into our policy.

Pardew said weeks ago we already have a plan in place should Enrique go. Basically we will promote someone from within.

Did he say that?

No, not that bit, just we have a plan in place, im just making the other bit up.

Pardew said weeks ago we already have a plan in place should Enrique go. Basically we will promote someone from within.

Did he say that?

No, not that bit, just we have a plan in place, im just making the other bit up.

:lol:

Ah I see.

first game he was awful yes, seemed steady enough after that tbh but not spectacular

wouldn't be my first choice as replacement