La Liga

Village Idiot

we think we have it bad in this country with  the title only seemingly in the grasp of a select little few clubs. in spain only 9 clubs have ever won the la liga title.

(no doubt VI will let everyone know if I have this wrong)

Let me think... FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Valencia, Atlético de Madrid, Athletic Club, Real Betis, Real Sociedad, Sevilla... seems about right.

Our league is far younger than the PL, though. I think that if you looked, say, 1970s onwards there wouldn't be that much of a difference.

And regarding Barça/Madrid being ubiquitous, the other 18 clubs' fans should take a hard look at themselves: the biggest social issue is that Barça and Madrid have huge followings outside their regional areas, most of other clubs' fans have them at second clubs, and there are plenty of studies that show that. We are a country of gloryhunters.

Well, this is interesting, one of our radio stations claims that La Liga has complained to the Anti-Corruption Attorney Office regarding two matches allegedly fixed.

La Liga has denied it, but has admitted "talks" with the authorities regarding preventing match-fixing in the competition.

Aruna Koné, Levante's top goalscorer with 17, has a clause written in his loan contract that forces him to go back to Sevilla if he scores 18 goals. He doesn't want to go back there, and Levante don't want to lose him. However, there are still 4 games to play and Levante is 3 points away from a CL spot. Interesting conundrum.

we think we have it bad in this country with  the title only seemingly in the grasp of a select little few clubs. in spain only 9 clubs have ever won the la liga title.

(no doubt VI will let everyone know if I have this wrong)

Let me think... FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Valencia, Atlético de Madrid, Athletic Club, Real Betis, Real Sociedad, Sevilla... seems about right.

Our league is far younger than the PL, though. I think that if you looked, say, 1970s onwards there wouldn't be that much of a difference.

And regarding Barça/Madrid being ubiquitous, the other 18 clubs' fans should take a hard look at themselves: the biggest social issue is that Barça and Madrid have huge followings outside their regional areas, most of other clubs' fans have them at second clubs, and there are plenty of studies that show that. We are a country of gloryhunters.

since 1970 we've had leeds,derby,forest, liverpool, man utd, everton,aston villa,chelsea,blackburn and arsenal.

VI what's the craic with Gerard Deulofeu? Is he anywhere close to being in the 1st team? Heard loads about him a while back BUT has been quiet of late

He's still too young and raw. Doing quite well at Barça B as of late, actually.

If he (and us) are patient with him, he can develop into a top player.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Seen quite a few media outlets linking Barca with Jordi Alba. If that happens there is a definite need for a new and proper CB. I think the reason Abidal works so well at LB is because he doesn't go wanders and is willing to cover at CB, creating a 3 man defence whilst Alves is busy playing striker.

Guest neesy111

Valencia have announced that Pellegrino will be their next manager.

Interesting appointment, don't think he'll aim to bring a lot of flair to the side, but guess they want to dig back Benítez' legacy.

Will Valencia have any $$$ to spend next season?  Heard the deal for the new Stadium included wiping a bit of their debt for equity.

Aruna Koné, Levante's top goalscorer with 17, has a clause written in his loan contract that forces him to go back to Sevilla if he scores 18 goals. He doesn't want to go back there, and Levante don't want to lose him. However, there are still 4 games to play and Levante is 3 points away from a CL spot. Interesting conundrum.

What a strange clause :lol:

Guest neesy111

The bank that was supposed to finance the deal is on the verge of collapse.

s*** luck all over, really.

Ouch.