Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

He wasn't canny though..

In the first 10 games I don't think we lost, and he was alright for that small time. Then he just went madly off the boil, never seemed to use his pace.

I don't remember it taking 10 games to suss out that he was an absolute waste of space. 10 mins maybe.

Blackburn at home, Stoke away stand out where he set up goals. His pace was handy those first 10 or 11 games where he could get us from our box to their box within seconds. Then he stopped crossing the ball in as much and started running without the ball etc. Funny how he can tear Wolfsburg to bits in the Champions League and is then completely ineffective v WBA.

Still don't understand why he's not brilliant :lol:

This is very true. Has attributes that should make him at the very least a solid player. In shape, very fast and good ball control.

Rarely have I seen a player be so out of touch with the flow of the game around him. Fascinating, in a way.

When he broke onto the scene at Bordeaux, people were going crazy about him. Was pleased when he joined and really hoped he would kick start his career... but quickly couldn't stand the sight of the idiot.