Gabriel Obertan signs for Anzhi

Optimistic Nut

One of the most pointless footballers I've ever seen in a Newcastle shirt.

Wasn't he picked by pardew? Sold Routledge to buy Overtan.  Simply terrible decision making.

Pardew got him through his special relationship with Sir Alex iirc. After an insider chat over the phone Pardew raced to get the deal done before the press alerted other clubs and Fergie managed to avoid laughing until he'd put the phone down.

A decent manager has found out that he's useless, the shock.

I find it interesting though that he has been released, you would imagine that if the club go down and don't have Rafa then they would be tempted to keep him because of 'Premier league experience' and that he should be quite cheap in wages compared to others.

Maybe Rafa has given them assurances he wants to stay regardless and that Obertan is not in his plans.

Watch him sign for a lower league French team, become the focal point of everything they do and win the player of the year by guiding them Champions League football.  :lol:

He might've been ok in the Championship but I think that's more hopeful.

He scored against Leicester and Blackburn. That was nice. Goodbye.

Surely his 'moment' was that ridiculous lost cause on his debut v Arsenal when he sprinted 50 yards over to Sagna just to win a throw-in. :lol:

He might've been ok in the Championship but I think that's more hopeful.

He scored against Leicester and Blackburn. That was nice. Goodbye.

Goal against Blackburn won me £120. Still a useless mong though.

Didn't he have a few decent games before his injury? remember him cutting inside a lot and making some good passes creating some opportunities.

Will never be a top player though and with the pace he has he really should be better than he is.

One of the worst I've ever seen for his decision making.

The other day on a very remote island outside of Colombia i saw a farmer throwing out different kind of seeds to feed his chickens. All of them ran to the spot where the seeds dropped to the ground except one chicken that started running in the opposite direction at full pace. That chicken reminded me of Obertan.

The other day on a very remote island outside of Colombia i saw a farmer throwing out different kind of seeds to feed his chickens. All of them ran to the spot where the seeds dropped to the ground except one chicken that started running in the opposite direction at full pace. That chicken reminded me of Obertan.

:)

Cynic in me thinks we are possibly releasing him early on the quiet with some extra financial incentive because he has a contract extension trigger clause and we don't want another Jonas case.