The Equaliser Blog - 1990s Month: Keegan’s Entertainers

Tooj

It annoys me when the line we bottled it or had a lack of experience. We battered MU at home but lost, the turning point from that was that Cantona then also scored in the next 5 games and almost single handedly won them the title. We actually should still have won it and it was tactics more than anything that cost; Lpool, Bburn & NF away were all games that we should have taken more points than we did and any 2 of them we would have won the league (we'd have beat Spurs).

Check out MU's results. I hate Cantona.

http://www.manchester-united-fans-site.com/manchester-united-results-1995-1996.html

It annoys me when the line we bottled it or had a lack of experience. We battered MU at home but lost, the turning point from that was that Cantona then also scored in the next 5 games and almost single handedly won them the title. We actually should still have won it and it was tactics more than anything that cost; Lpool, Bburn & NF away were all games that we should have taken more points than we did and any 2 of them we would have won the league (we'd have beat Spurs).

Check out MU's results. I hate Cantona.

http://www.manchester-united-fans-site.com/manchester-united-results-1995-1996.html

Can remember that, so many times I'd see the Man Utd score towards the end of the season and it was 1-0, Cantona.

• 1 month later...

Btw - I would recommend you all to go on a popular video site and search for "Newcastle United '95/96 Season Review' So Close".

:( Still hurts like f*** when you watch the footage.

great vid,and does still hurt. that liverpool match...f***! nice article tooj,cheers.

• 2 years later...