The striker

Dave

So it looks like we're getting Pieters for left back and to cover CB, and there's little to no chance we'll replace Barton should his move go through. Which just leaves the striker we've needed since 2010.

Do you think we'll get anyone? Who would you prefer and why? Who do actually expect?

Let me say "Carlton Cole" and get that out of the way before anyone else does.

Howay, be careful he's like The Candy Man say his name three times in a thread and he'll be signed.

I'm a tad concerned that we seem to want a pacey, mobile type striker.

Surely Ben Arfa will play that role? I know we already have target men in the squad but they're all a bit shit and a top class target man for Ben Arfa to play off would look a bit tasty. Bendtner would be nice.

Looks like Roux may be the man now. Never seen him play. Sounds decent, cool name. He'll do.

Guest Roger Kint

Ibsevic is cheap, apparently Blackburn have bid £3.5m prefer someone younger but if he hasnt lost it since that injury he may be worth a punt  :undecided:

Guest ykmkmdd

From the current options being spoken about I hope we get Roux.

Reckon it's 50/50 whether we actually get anyone...

I'd Prefer to get Bendtner.  PL experience, huge potential and still very young.  He would be the perfect targetstriker to play alone infront of three attackingminded midfielders - Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Jonas, Obertan, Vuckic etc..

Its a shame we didnt sell Enrique to Arsenal and got Bendtner here in that deal.

Guest sydneycove

Can't see Brest being at all willing to let Roux go, they'd have a really tough season without him.

Because no club has ever had to sell a key player before in the history of sport right?

Can't see Brest being at all willing to let Roux go, they'd have a really tough season without him.

Because no club has ever had to sell a key player before in the history of sport right?

Seriously, who sells their best striker immediately before the deadline with no time to get a replacement?

Seriously, who sells their best striker immediately before the deadline with no time to get a replacement?

:shifty:

Brest are like Wigan in the sense that they are one of the weakest sides in the league that depend on one or two players to perform week in week out. Roux is one of these players. If they sell him, and don't bring a replacement in, they'll probably go down. We'll have to pay top dollar for him.

Brest are like Wigan in the sense that they are one of the weakest sides in the league that depend on one or two players to perform week in week out. Roux is one of these players. If they sell him, and don't bring a replacement in, they'll probably go down. We'll have to pay top dollar for him.

But he had a realease clause didn't he? Not much choice then.

But he had a realease clause didn't he? Not much choice then.

I'm not aware of a release clause, if he's got one then hopefully we'll get this tied up soon...