Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Ryan Taylor against Bale.  No way I could make it through 90 minutes without crying.

Raylor wouldn't be up against Bale... unless switched to RB... The choice to make in this game with Spurs not having much coming down the right is Simpson or Santon...

So we wait until we lose or until Simpson/Raylor have a poor game to play one of the best young prospects in the world..?

Yep... A bit old school... But easier situation to manage i guess as the manager can claim fairness and makes sure that those who have a hold of the shirt fight to keep it... Or in other words if the team is winning and the full backs are playing well then surely that is more important than finding a place for Santon in the team... Playing him won't guarantee anything... Picking him with no great reason due to current form of the team will guarantee a few noses out of joint... Like Ben Arfa it is nice we are in position we don't have to rush either... Especially after both have had leg injuries...

Watch them again. Terrible defending for both.

I've watched them both several times already... Wolves goal he hands the winger over to Obertan who fails to cut the cross out which in my eyes Raylor or a CH should of dealt with...

Blackburn goal the whole back four caught out a little as not expecting Raylor to give the ball away as he does... Once the player is one on one with Simpson the path for the cross is blocked but the winger actually pulls the cross back away from goal to the edge of the box... Ball controlled fairly well and dispatched before being blocked by Cabaye or with CH...

Not a Simpson fan and to me Santon is a RB and should therefore replace him long term but can't pin those 2 goals on Simpson for me... As for the goal for Spurs at home last season that is a different story...

Watch them again. Terrible defending for both.

The Blackburn goal wouldn't have been scored by them if Ryan Taylor or Tiote hadn't given the ball away before it got anywhere near Simpson.  Wolves scored when Hammill turned Obertan inside out to cross the ball for Fletcher.