Transfer Deadline Day Thread

JH

Signed Drenthe.

be ok that, he looked ok 3 yrs ago, havent seen him since, he was fast as fuck, him infront of baines is ok

If he can get back to how he looked earlier in his career as you say then it's great business. Finally a genuine wide player on the left.

Stracq and Drenthe for Arteta and Beckford although it seems shit I don't think is so devastatingly bad especially with that young lad coming through.

It isn't at all. It's amusing seeing SSN trying to make out like it's the end of the world.

The issue with Arteta is not that him going suddenly means we're in the shit, it's that our Chairman said a few weeks ago that he was, IIRC, one of the players he refused to sell. Minimal communication from the powers-that-be and when they do communicate, they feed us lies and general bullshit.

Sound familiar?

Van der Vaart plays up front these days, more or less. Stop milking it.

Milking what ffs? i'm not allowed to say that i'm dissapointed in my teams transfer activity in a "transfer deadline day thread" because you're in a worse situation and no one else can feel bad because it's not as bad as how you feel?

From an outsider you signed:

a very promising left winger that was wanted by Liverpool

a dm/cm that looks the business and just won the French league

a physical striker that managed 7 in 13 in his opening half season in the league and looked a beast

a left back that was only recently billed as one of the best young players in his position in Europe

and all i've heard is how bad you did because you didn't buy another striker.

Too easy. I'm just using you to make me feel better KD.

:fishing: Beautiful work.

Guest kingdawson

Milking what ffs? i'm not allowed to say that i'm dissapointed in my teams transfer activity in a "transfer deadline day thread" because you're in a worse situation and no one else can feel bad because it's not as bad as how you feel?

a physical striker that managed 7 in 13 in his opening half season in the league and looked a beast

a left back that was only recently billed as one of the best young players in his position in Europe

We also sold:

One of if not the best LB in the EPL

Our captain and top scorer from last season

Our best player from last season on a free

The captain that half the people on this board didn't even like and slagged off throughout the season despite scoring those goals? that guy?

Cabaye's overall game from the little i've seen looks about 8978977777336363749483772663232739 times better than Nolan's anway.

Guest north shields lad

Signed Drenthe.

be ok that, he looked ok 3 yrs ago, havent seen him since, he was fast as f***, him infront of baines is ok

If he can get back to how he looked earlier in his career as you say then it's great business. Finally a genuine wide player on the left.

Stracq and Drenthe for Arteta and Beckford although it seems s*** I don't think is so devastatingly bad especially with that young lad coming through.

It isn't at all. It's amusing seeing SSN trying to make out like it's the end of the world.

The issue with Arteta is not that him going suddenly means we're in the s***, it's that our Chairman said a few weeks ago that he was, IIRC, one of the players he refused to sell. Minimal communication from the powers-that-be and when they do communicate, they feed us lies and general bullshit.

Sound familiar?

Thing is if they are both good, they will go when there loan ends

Guest kingdawson

I don't believe he was baiting me tbh.

I hate Stoke City and their mind numbing brand of football, but you have to say, Pulis has done a very good job of managing that club.

Even though I really dislike Stoke, we can't really question the whole clubs approach since promotion. The are a very solid Premiership team, yes they are a horrible club to watch but they are effective. Palacios and Crouch improves them a lot. Woodgate could be the bargain of the window but I'd be surprised if he puts in 20+ performances this season, even 10-20 would be a result for Pulis. They look a very solid team again and if Crouch and Palacios can rediscover their top form could press for 7th place finish.

Come off it man. All you had to say in reply was "Ben Arfa will do the same for you lot". Didn't have that in your locker though, did you?

Instead got some mega-post about how great our transfer window has been.

Well even if he wasn't, I most definitely was. Result! :fishing:

Guest kingdawson

Well even if he wasn't, I most definitely was. Result! :fishing:

Have fun but after the few moments of laughter you have from this particular "result" it will eventually set in that you didn't get Cisse, Maiga and Ruiz chose Fulham.