Rooney vs Shearer

ponsaelius

Shearer was awesome, and it will take an outstanding player to beat his Premier League goalscoring record. I think Shearers assists tend to go unnoticed also, as he probably had a shitload of them (I'd actually like to know how many if anyone can work it out).

Rooney is without doubt an outstanding talent also, but I don't see him so much as a goal scorer - more like a playmaker who contributes to both assists and goals. Whereas Shearer was an out and out goalscorer, who just happened to make some assists.

That probably makes no sense but I know what I mean. Owen is more in the Shearer style of forward, only he is lightweight, no longer has pace, and generally is no longer a threat in Premier League football. A total cunt might I add also.

I never once said or implied that RVN's approach play was better than Shearer's. Get a fucking life.

The team wouldn't have been based around him at Man U. Van Nistelrooj was signed in 2001, and he was far better than that version of Shearer.

you didn't say that agreed, but in what areas do you consider he was "far better" than shearer then?  if it's not all round game then essentially he was just a better finisher? according to you....

personally i think shearer would have thrived in the manyoo team(s) during the period he played for us, injury or no injury...only when he reached the latter stages of his career and his mobility was severely compromised would have struggled

I never once said or implied that RVN's approach play was better than Shearer's. Get a f***ing life.

The team wouldn't have been based around him at Man U. Van Nistelrooj was signed in 2001, and he was far better than that version of Shearer.

you didn't say that agreed, but in what areas do you consider he was "far better" than shearer then?  if it's not all round game then essentially he was just a better finisher? according to you....

personally i think shearer would have thrived in the manyoo team(s) during the period he played for us, injury or no injury...only when he reached the latter stages of his career and his mobility was severely compromised would have struggled

i think he meant Van Nistelrooy have far more hair