The Threeway - Best, Ba & Carroll

alpal78
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Danny Guthrie is the second fittest player in the league according to those stats and is therefore bollocks.

not just bollocks , it's fucking hilarious , which cunts come up with those stats ? Carroll fastest player of Liverpool also  :lol:

Quickest player. :lol:

The stats are clearly fabricated crap.

My point was merely that Carroll is no slouch.

You performed another U-turn on Saylor yet?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1377679/The-fastest-slowest-fittest-players-Premier-League-club.html

Another U-turn? Think you're confusing me with someone else.

You'll find my views on Taylor have probably been the most consistent on here over the past 5 years. :lol:

I'm not interested in arguing on this thread, just going to put up the stats every month.

As of now, stats and ranking are as below (based on soccernet and assuming 45 minutes per half i.e. not including injury time)

1) Ba - 3 goals in 253 minutes = 84.3 minutes per goal

2) Best - 3 goals in 336 minutes = 112 minutes per goal

3) Carroll - 0 goals in 377 minutes

Edit: Ba and Best has one assist each

What was interesting to me is that I thought Carroll played a lot less and was only playing bits here and there, but he actually played the most minutes and even completed 3 full 90 minutes game. Of course as with stats on strikers, the ranking could easily change in the space of a few weeks never mind a season.

I'm surprised at how easy the press have gone on Carroll since his move to Liverpool, 3 goals in 16 appearances and one of those was against Exeter is terrible for a £35 million striker.

How much has his value dropped since January?

I'm surprised at how easy the press have gone on Carroll since his move to Liverpool, 3 goals in 16 appearances and one of those was against Exeter is terrible for a £35 million striker.

How much has his value dropped since January?

Probably a lot. The pressure of the price tag could be getting to him.....

Guest magpie99

Carrll wasnt even worth half what Livberpool paid for him anyway realistically.

In my opinion, I would rather have Best or/and Ba in our current style because Carroll just wouldnt fit in which seems to be proven with every passing well at Liverpool.

Carrll wasnt even worth half what Livberpool paid for him anyway realistically.

In my opinion, I would rather have Best or/and Ba in our current style because Carroll just wouldnt fit in which seems to be proven with every passing well at Liverpool.

Um, no. Carroll in heartbeat.

• 1 month later...

I'm not interested in arguing on this thread, just going to put up the stats every month.

As of now, stats and ranking are as below (based on soccernet and assuming 45 minutes per half i.e. not including injury time)

1) Ba - 3 goals in 253 minutes = 84.3 minutes per goal

2) Best - 3 goals in 336 minutes = 112 minutes per goal

3) Carroll - 0 goals in 377 minutes

Edit: Ba and Best has one assist each

What was interesting to me is that I thought Carroll played a lot less and was only playing bits here and there, but he actually played the most minutes and even completed 3 full 90 minutes game. Of course as with stats on strikers, the ranking could easily change in the space of a few weeks never mind a season.

Update for the month of October (all premier league games played till 31st October):

1) Ba - 8 goals in 553 minutes = 69 minutes per goal

2) Best - 3 goals in 629 minutes = 209.7 minutes per goal

3) Carroll - 2 goals in 567 minutes = 283.5 minutes per goal

My observation, is that Carroll is catching on fast to Best as the latter goes through a dry spell in October (though he is still contributing in other ways), will not be surprised if Carroll overtakes Best by end of November. But Ba is certainly on fire and bar some horrible drop in form (or super strike rate from either Best or Carroll) will certainly be the best of the three come end of the season.

I'm resetting the poll so that everyone can vote again. I'm voting for Ba. Your thoughts on how the three will stack up?

The vote as of end of 25th September (Ba was not included yet as a voting option in September) was:

82.4% voted for Best (75 votes) and

17.6% voted for Carroll (16 votes)

The vote as of 2 November was:

57.3% (51 votes) voted for Ba;

36% (32 votes) voted for Best and

6.7% (6 votes) voted for Carroll

* usual disclaimer applies i.e. i) states based on soccernet (premier league games only) and ii) minutes played based on assumption of 45 minutes per half.

Can I please request one of the mods/admin to change the title to reflect the three way comparison ("Best vs Ba vs Carroll"), thanks