Carling Cup 4th Round - Blackburn (a) - Tonight @ 8pm. NOT TELEVISED ANYWHERE

Beren

Elliot*

Simpson    Perch    Coloccini    Santon

Marveaux    Cabaye    Guthrie    Jonas

Ben Arfa

Lovenkrands*

The bibs have spoken for all but two positions (goalkeeper/striker). Not as much context as usual as there's no shots of them set-up in a full-size practice match, but they appear to form a pretty logical team as far as I can see, so I'm sticking with it given the sparsity of information elsewhere. I personally think we'll see Elliot and Lovenkrands in the two remaining positions, given Ba's purported fragility/Best's recent involvement and the need for Elliot to get some more game time. I'd be disappointed to see Lovenkrands given the nod again, but it's a definite possibility when you consider his goals from the last round and a few other factors. I'd prefer to see Best up there myself as he's lost his edge a little bit recently and could do with a goal to get him back firing.

If it is something like this then I think it's a nice enough balance between our strongest XI and players who are pushing for a start and recently haven't been getting time. Wouldn't be too unhappy with it overall.

I must have missed that, sorry.

Would be delighted if that's the case, as while I see the need for Elliot to be bedded in I do think we're at the stage here where we need to leave as little to chance as possible and Krul's form is worth preserving by keeping him heavily involved. Good pre-Stoke warmup for him too given Blackburn's reliance on the long-throw/long free-kicks, etc.

Guest Heneage

I must have missed that, sorry.

Would be delighted if that's the case, as while I see the need for Elliot to be bedded in I do think we're at the stage here where we need to leave as little to chance as possible and Krul's form is worth preserving by keeping him heavily involved. Good pre-Stoke warmup for him too given Blackburn's reliance on the long-throw/long free-kicks, etc.

I'm not sure tbh, I just saw it on Twitter him saying (in the press) he was playing. I do like your line up though, that sprinkled with some youngsters on the bench would do me fine.

Im a big Vuckic fan and think this is the perfect game to bring him back in to first team reckoning.

Elliot

Santon      Coloccini          Perch      Raylor

Abeid            Gosling

Marveaux                HBA              Vuckic

Best                     

Krul

Simpson Coloccini Kadar Santon

Gosling Guthrie

Marveaux    HBA        Vuckic

Best

Helluva change in a few hours. :lol:

yeh stew people never change their mind about things.. managers certianly dont. What do you have against me mate, any chance you get you

have a go at me. stop being such a cyber bully.. you dont realise the effect that bullying can have on peoples lives.

Im a big Vuckic fan and think this is the perfect game to bring him back in to first team reckoning.

Elliot

Abeid            Gosling

Best                     

Krul

Gosling Guthrie

Best

yeh stew people never change their mind about things.. managers certianly dont. What do you have against me mate, any chance you get you

have a go at me. stop being such a cyber bully.. you dont realise the effect that bullying can have on peoples lives.

Fairly sure Stu is on commission for spotting inconsistencies in people's posts. "You called him a wonderful player three weeks and two days ago, now he's only great,  eh? Fickle bastard".

Elliot

Abeid            Gosling

Best                     

Krul

Gosling Guthrie

Best

Fairly sure Stu is on commission for spotting inconsistencies in people's posts. "You called him a wonderful player three weeks and two days ago, now he's only great,  eh? Fickle b******".

haha too true

Elliot

Abeid            Gosling

Best                     

Krul

Gosling Guthrie

Best

Fairly sure Stu is on commission for spotting inconsistencies in people's posts. "You called him a wonderful player three weeks and two days ago, now he's only great,  eh? Fickle bastard".

In fairness, only three hours passed from those two different teams being posted.

Elliot

Abeid            Gosling

Best                     

Krul

Gosling Guthrie

Best

Fairly sure Stu is on commission for spotting inconsistencies in people's posts. "You called him a wonderful player three weeks and two days ago, now he's only great,  eh? Fickle b******".

In fairness, only three hours passed from those two different teams being posted.

Three hours of intensive thoughts about Newcastle United, is that unusual for any of us on here.

Elliot

Abeid            Gosling

Best                     

Krul

Gosling Guthrie

Best

A small part of a much wider and varied tapestry of digging up inconsistencies. O0

Elliot

Abeid            Gosling

Best                     

Krul

Gosling Guthrie

Best

A small part of a much wider and varied tapestry of digging up inconsistencies. O0

Aye, I know, just pointing out on this occasion I don't think Stu's done a lot wrong.

Elliot

Abeid            Gosling

Best                     

Krul

Gosling Guthrie

Best

Aye, I know, just pointing out on this occasion I don't think Stu's done a lot wrong.

Fair enough, we are all entitled to our opinions, otherwise it wouldnt be a discussion board. Hit out more at frustration as Stu is constantly on my case for one reason or another.

Elliot*

Ben Arfa

Lovenkrands*

That's just about the right balance imo, i'd have Ba or Best and Krul playing though, you dont need to rest keepers and Krul's a proven match winner.

Rest Ba, Cabaye and Jonas please, even if it's a case of putting them on the bench.

Don't want any of these burning out in the second half of the season.

you'd play them in the semi's onwards though? two extra games gonna hurt em that much?

Elliot

Abeid            Gosling

Best                     

Krul

Gosling Guthrie

Best

Fair enough, we are all entitled to our opinions, otherwise it wouldnt be a discussion board. Hit out more at frustration as Stu is constantly on my case for one reason or another.

:thup: Wasn't having a dig at you either, it's just I also found it funny how much you'd changed your side within three hours. :)

Elliot

Abeid            Gosling

Best                     

Krul

Gosling Guthrie

Best

:thup: Wasn't having a dig at you either, it's just I also found it funny how much you'd changed your side within three hours. :)

yeh.. think its a dream of all of ours to manage Newcastle and be able to select the team you want to see out there and to see if that selection would work. I guess thats what FM 2012 is for. :)

Elliot*

Ben Arfa

Lovenkrands*

That's just about the right balance imo, i'd have Ba or Best and Krul playing though, you dont need to rest keepers and Krul's a proven match winner.

Same here. I reckon Best will be given the nod with Ben Arfa playing behind him. Don't see any reason why we won't play Krul.

Rest Ba, Cabaye and Jonas please, even if it's a case of putting them on the bench.

you'd play them in the semi's onwards though? two extra games gonna hurt em that much?

I think it will, in fact I wanted one of our centre mids rested against Wigan too.

Football is a squad game now yet you could predict 90% of team sheets on here for the rest of the season, people wonder why Man Utd come on strong at the end of the season but I put it down to their high workrate players being rotated properly, come March the likes of Rooney, Nani and Hernandez will still be fresh.

While we don't have the squad depth that Man Utd do we have players that can step in and do enough to get the job done, Ryan Taylor has showed that since being given a chance at left back so it's not going to hurt to rest Jonas now and again and play Marveaux and Obertan, or rest Cabaye for Gosling or leave Ba out and go with Best and Ben Arfa.

Bizarre as it might sound maybe some of our young players in the squad might actually improve with more game time rather than being another unfulfilled talent we talk about in a few years from now.

I think it will, in fact I wanted one of our centre mids rested against Wigan too.

Football is a squad game now yet you could predict 90% of team sheets on here for the rest of the season, people wonder why Man Utd come on strong at the end of the season but I put it down to their high workrate players being rotated properly, come March the likes of Rooney, Nani and Hernandez will still be fresh.

While we don't have the squad depth that Man Utd do we have players that can step in and do enough to get the job done, Ryan Taylor has showed that since being given a chance at left back so it's not going to hurt to rest Jonas now and again and play Marveaux and Obertan, or rest Cabaye for Gosling or leave Ba out and go with Best and Ben Arfa.

Bizarre as it might sound maybe some of our young players in the squad might actually improve with more game time rather than being another unfulfilled talent we talk about in a few years from now.

all good points, Resting Ba and Jonas I can live with as we've got decent replacements. can't do without Tiote and Cabaye though imo, especially with Saylor missing the spine would be ripped out of the team.