Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I like our signings but we're still weak at the back and arguably in wide attacking positions. I would be surprised if we sign a CB because we have too many on the books already.

Assuming Thauvin signs i don't think we are weak in the wide attacking positions tbh, would be much more concerned about the CM positions.

Guest reefatoon

I like our signings but we're still weak at the back and arguably in wide attacking positions. I would be surprised if we sign a CB because we have too many on the books already.

Assuming Thauvin signs i don't think we are weak in the wide attacking positions tbh, would be much more concerned about the CM positions.

totally agree. Anita, Colback and Tiote are an abomination of s*** midfielders.

Yeah, just think we have too many numbers in midfield as well. Our problems were too big to solve in one window TBH, even if the approach really has changed (which remains to be seen).

Guest reefatoon

We do have too many numbers, but they are all so average and similar it's ridiculous. Going to be hard to shift any of them on though.

Aye, i don't want any of them tbh.

Guest reefatoon

Yep, they don't protect the defence or assist in attack. no wonder we ship loads of goals and can't score. It's such a weak area.

Yep, they don't protect the defence or assist in attack. no wonder we ship loads of goals and can't score. It's such a weak area.

Think that might have something to do with our array of shite defenders as well tbh.

Guest reefatoon

Think that might have something to do with our array of s**** defenders as well tbh.

Of course it does, but the midfield offers zero help, which just makes things so much worse.

If we had a versatile fullback like Santon then we could afford to go with 3 total FBs. The same applies to the wing and midfield positions. A small squad full of good players can be successful, and we'd only need around 18 first team players and a few youth players to compete. We're still 5 players away from that (CB, versatile FB, winger, CM and striker).

Guest reefatoon

Wijnaldum & Sissoko is all we've got. I'd let Colback, Anita and Tiote go tomorrow in place of one quality CM and keep Abeid as 4th choice.

And I like Anita fwiw

totally agree with that, apart from I think Anita is just as crap as the others.

Think that might have something to do with our array of s**** defenders as well tbh.

Of course it does, but the midfield offers zero help, which just makes things so much worse.

I'm fairly indifferent to all our midfield options, but the way we have set up the midfield is as much to blame as the individuals imo. We've opted to go with two deep CMs with very basic skillsets, and it causes us to just secede possession of the football. There is no positional understanding between the two, especially when Cap'n Jack goes on his pirouette jaunts into enemy territory and Anita just stays home. They don't work together in the slightest.

Wijnaldum & Sissoko is all we've got. I'd let Colback, Anita and Tiote go tomorrow in place of one quality CM and keep Abeid as 4th choice.

And I like Anita fwiw

We could really be doing with someone who is solid defensively, comfortable on the ball and with passing range to sit in front of the back four tbh. Unfortunately though those players cost loads more than we are willing to pay. :lol:

And I like Anita fwiw

totally agree with that, apart from I think Anita is just as crap as the others.

Don't understand why they're so keen to get rid of Abeid like. I like Anita's movement and recycling of possession but feel that until there's a working system we're pissing in the wind persevering with him, especially partnered with Colback.

Guest reefatoon

And I like Anita fwiw

Don't understand why they're so keen to get rid of Abeid like. I like Anita's movement and recycling of possession but feel that until there's a working system we're pissing in the wind persevering with him, especially partnered with Colback.

If we go into the Man Utd game with those two still in the middle, it's going to be a shambles.

Guest reefatoon

I don't think Man Utd could put out a central midfield pairing as farcical as ours mind, not that similar really.

Guest reefatoon

I don't think Man Utd could put out a central midfield pairing as farcical as ours mind, not that similar really.

In the sense they have two CMs that just recycle possession and don't really push forward and basically do the same job.

But they do it a whole lot more efficiently than Tweedle dum and Tweedle Dee that we have the misfortune of watching.

Guest reefatoon

I think Anita is being unfairly lumped in with Colback here, he's limited but he's more talented than that.

I just don't see it.  I feel the opposite actually. I think he gets away with murder compared to the amount of shit Colback gets, when really they are just as anonymous as each other.