Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Yeah, sign a few more, take down all that s*** SD advertising, actually try in the cups and go a whole season without being a c*** and we're onto a winner

Wonga. Don't forget Wonga.

And Willo a zero hours contract.

It's so unfashionable to want to hope  :lol:

Nothing wrong with that, it's the knee jerk reaction to how we perceive Mike Ashley is what people are reacting to. Even if we make say another 5 top quality signings i still would want him out, one summer when he is back to the wall ( that might go sour yet) shouldn't make up for 5 years of shit.

It's so unfashionable to want to hope  :lol:

Nothing wrong with that, it's the knee jerk reaction to how we perceive Mike Ashley is what people are reacting to. Even if we make say another 5 top quality signings i still would want him out, one summer when he is back to the wall ( that might go sour yet) shouldn't make up for 5 years of s***.

Aye, and we say the same knee jerk reactions from some this time last year and look what happened... I've nowt against people having hope, but I like to see a bit of realism, and I definitely don't like to see that fat tw*t let off the hook.

I don't think there's anything he could do now to turn me either.  He fell at the first hurdle by appointing McClaren on that score, and the club still comes across sly as fuck.

Only way NUFC truly progresses again is if he sells up.

So far we have brought 1 player in, and that player is likely to be a replacement for a player we are yet to sell. We are still 4-5 players short of where we need to be for the first team alone.

Guest palnese

So far we have brought 1 player in, and that player is likely to be a replacement for a player we are yet to sell. We are still 4-5 players short of where we need to be for the first team alone.

And where is that?

I see people saying we need 4,5,6,7 new players. To what? Win the league?

And where is that?

I see people saying we need 4,5,6,7 new players. To what? Win the league?

Top half, I'd say.  We are proper shite.

The fact how poor we been the last few seasons on top of other teams around and above us improving we need bodies in of quality just to stand still orslightly imporove depending how much new coaches and coaching will improve us four or five is desperately needed

We had no spine last season. Make no doubt about it, we need at least 2 CB's still if we are to become anywhere near a top 10 side. To become a top 10 side and win something we need a good 7 players. Because we have 0 quality in the ranks when it comes to squad depth. With Mitrovic and Wijnaldum and 2 CB's we'd have a decent spine with some flesh around the edges. With any injuries we'll be wounded and f***ed. Given our injury history, so far (this transfer window) I'm not filled with hope.

What you have to remember is everyone is spending this year, so we're merely keeping pace. If we keep pace, we're relying on McClaren to pull us up 5 or 6 positions. That isn't unachievable given that for 6 months last year we had Carver. However, we'd need to drastically improve and if only two players come in and one or two more go then I severely doubt we'd make that level of improvement.

The point being Ashley wants to win something (and btw the champions league classes as winning something) and he hasn't shown anywhere near that level of investment, yet. Given history I'd be gobsmacked if he did. Have we punched above our weight with our signings? Well, that's subjective - it depends what you class our weight as. I class it as a top 7 side given the size of the club, or at least one challenging for it. If it was Ashley's weight and we were punching above it we'd be champions of the world, wouldn't we...

Guest thenorthumbrian

The fact how poor we been the last few seasons on top of other teams around and above us improving we need bodies in of quality just to stand still orslightly imporove depending how much new coaches and coaching will improve us four or five is desperately needed

We would need a cross between Pep Guardiola, Brian Clough and Bob Paisley to get some of our players up to barely adequte.   

Was that at the Arsenal Game? and who is the guy next to him?

The bloke next to him is a security guard/minder who works for the club.

He used to be manager of The Ship Inn in Heworth years ago as well as being a pub/club doorman.