Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Swansea have won a trophy, play great football, have an eminently affable manager, are run well by fans of the club and are in Europe next season.

Don't see what's not too like tbh, regardless of who they bought/buy.

Long term yes we're bigger/better but football is rarely a LT game.

I’m curious to see how they not only cope in Europe but how they handle playing Thursday/Sunday on a regular basis, there squad is of a similar stature to ours so lets see if it affects there game which a lot on here think was irrelevant to Pardew and only an excuse so i think it will be very interesting to see how Laudrup copes with it. My guess is these could be in for an early exit and have another decent season or they go far and they have a poor league finish.

Regardless of how the likes of Swansea/Southampton want to play/do play and who Norwich have signed, our first 11 is still far superior to there’s and I expect us to finish above all of said clubs with relative ease.

How come?

Our home form is a huge advantage as we don't lose many, and if Man City game doesn't have a negative affect if we get humped then i can see us start very well and away wins will come with confidence like they did season before last. I look at our team on paper and it excites me. Even if we signed nobody, which does sound a bit daunting, however if we kept our current squad and likes of Cisse/HBA/Cabaye all stayed, the team in terms of quality is still of a very high order. You can look at the other said clubs and point out well he's s***, he's bang average, he's lucky to be playing in the prem....that is far from the case with out starting 11 even as it stands. A good start is crucial, that's most important thing for us, it would take all negativity away from the fans towards JFK/Ashley/Pardew for a little while and it will help players build confidence and forget about last season.

A lot of ifs in that though. Judging by last season I don't see us changing too much with the same team. If we lose Cisse as well we are weaker still.

Yep a few if’s because I’m guessing scenarios, fair point. We will sign players, i'm of no doubt of that, i said if we even sign nobody our team is still good enough but i do think we will sign players without question. I'm just very confident that our team is better than the said clubs, i wouldn't even have to think twice about swapping it for them. We have class all over the pitch. Not going to go into excuses for last season, i'm happy to wait for the coming season and i’ll hold my hands up and be the first to admit i was wrong if things go tits up but i firmly believe it will be far from that.

Yep i'll be happy to hold my hands up on Pardew, i always thought Hughton wasn't good enough so i'm not going to back him at Norwich. We should have upgraded but we got Pardew, i really can't be arsed at another negative stint at one of our managers so i'm backing him as best i can, don't trust Ashley to bring anyone better were he to go. And I've made my feelings clear on the praise Pochettino has been getting which i think is overhyped for what he has achieved, got a pretty foreign name and got Southampton playing better football than Adkins but i think they were safe regardless and i think they could struggle this year and wouldn't surprise me if he was sacked. Laudrup is classy, no doubt.

Yep i'll be happy to hold my hands up on Pardew, i always thought Hughton wasn't good enough so i'm not going to back him at Norwich. We should have upgraded but we got Pardew, i really can't be arsed at another negative stint at one of our managers so i'm backing him as best i can, don't trust Ashley to bring anyone better were he to go. And I've made my feelings clear on the praise Pochettino has been getting which i think is overhyped for what he has achieved, got a pretty foreign name and got Southampton playing better football than Adkins but i think they were safe regardless and i think they could struggle this year and wouldn't surprise me if he was sacked. Laudrup is classy, no doubt.

Similar feelings. Obviously I would swap Pardew for Laudrup in a second, anyone would. Except Swansea.

There's nothing we can do about Pardew, his replacement is likely to be as bad or worse, he obviously isn't getting sacked any time soon. Better try to look forward to the season as much as we can, it can't be as bad as the last one.

There are a surprising number of people who seem to think that Pardew is suddenly going to metamorphose into a top class manager, despite all the evidence to the contrary on his CV and they are basing their views of a much better performance next season on that.

I find this staggering because we have not even improved on the squad we had last season as well as looking likely to lose some of our better players.

The optimism displayed by some is entirely without foundation - there is very little happening at the club that is positive.

There are a surprising number of people who seem to think that Pardew is suddenly going to metamorphose into a top class manager, despite all the evidence to the contrary on his CV and they are basing their views of a much better performance next season on that.

I find this staggering because we have not even improved on the squad we had last season as well as looking likely to lose some of our better players.

The optimism displayed by some is entirely without foundation - there is very little happening at the club that is positive.

Pardew is venturing into unfamiliar terretory. By this point in his managerial stints he has already left or been sacked.

It's a hail mary, but I hope the stability will be good for him, and that he will turn a corner that he has never been allowed to try before.

Swansea have won a trophy, play great football, have an eminently affable manager, are run well by fans of the club and are in Europe next season.

Don't see what's not too like tbh, regardless of who they bought/buy.

Long term yes we're bigger/better but football is rarely a LT game.

I’m curious to see how they not only cope in Europe but how they handle playing Thursday/Sunday on a regular basis, there squad is of a similar stature to ours so lets see if it affects there game which a lot on here think was irrelevant to Pardew and only an excuse so i think it will be very interesting to see how Laudrup copes with it. My guess is these could be in for an early exit and have another decent season or they go far and they have a poor league finish.

Regardless of how the likes of Swansea/Southampton want to play/do play and who Norwich have signed, our first 11 is still far superior to there’s and I expect us to finish above all of said clubs with relative ease.

How come?

Our home form is a huge advantage as we don't lose many, and if Man City game doesn't have a negative affect if we get humped then i can see us start very well and away wins will come with confidence like they did season before last. I look at our team on paper and it excites me. Even if we signed nobody, which does sound a bit daunting, however if we kept our current squad and likes of Cisse/HBA/Cabaye all stayed, the team in terms of quality is still of a very high order. You can look at the other said clubs and point out well he's shit, he's bang average, he's lucky to be playing in the prem....that is far from the case with out starting 11 even as it stands. A good start is crucial, that's most important thing for us, it would take all negativity away from the fans towards JFK/Ashley/Pardew for a little while and it will help players build confidence and forget about last season.

As far as opening sentences go, that's as bad as it could have been. We lost 9 games at home last season.

Guest Haris Vuckic

There are a surprising number of people who seem to think that Pardew is suddenly going to metamorphose into a top class manager,

We might even COMPLETELY ACCIDENTALLY finish 5th again. 

I've said it many times, i'm completely writing last season off. I'm not going in to the 'excuses' but i thnk it was plain to see it was a torrid time for everyone at the club. We won't be going there again. In general terms we do have a very good record at SJP and known to be poor away.

I've said it many times, i'm completely writing last season off. I'm not going in to the 'excuses' but i thnk it was plain to see it was a torrid time for everyone at the club. We won't be going there again. In general terms we do have a very good record at SJP and known to be poor away.

Ahh ok. I'm completely writing off the season before, it was plain to see everything went our way and we finished in a false position considering how we played as a team. We're going down.

There are a surprising number of people who seem to think that Pardew is suddenly going to metamorphose into a top class manager,

We might even COMPLETELY ACCIDENTALLY finish 5th again. 

Will be playing a false 9 at this rate, convinced we have pissed Cisse off because Pardew hates the thought of us scoring goals. Sell him and buy a defender - 6ft 4 one as well

Ahh ok. I'm completely writing off the season before, it was plain to see everything went our way and we finished in a false position considering how we played as a team. We're going down.

Sigh.

Exactly, entirely different how your opinion sees the standard of our side the way you look at it. Personally i think it's filled with class and we are capable of competing. Others think we won't be anywhere near. For me it's one good season/one bad season and im optimistic to think we can bounce back again and have another good one and i'm looking forward to it. Others are dreading it, i can see why and i respect their opinions.

Sigh.

:lol: His post made me sigh.

Sigh.

Well you just keep fuelling the negativity around the upcoming season. Entirely your choice to do so if that's how you wish to get through what are clearly difficult times at the club. I'd rather just be more optimistic in that next season will be a turnaround. I'm not really fussed if i'm one of few walking into SJP come WH game thoroughly expecting a win and loving the new season has arrived and hope to get good results. Others will be walking in saying we are going to get beat and Pardew will be gone by Xmas. Each to their own, keep sighing.

Guest bimpy474

Can i point out that this certainly wouldn't be me :lol:

Sigh.

Well you just keep fuelling the negativity around the upcoming season. Entirely your choice to do so if that's how you wish to get through what are clearly difficult times at the club. I'd rather just be more optimistic in that next season will be a turnaround. I'm not really fussed if i'm one of few walking into SJP come WH game thoroughly expecting a win and loving the new season has arrived and hope to get good results. Others will be walking in saying we are going to get beat and Pardew will be gone by Xmas. Each to their own, keep sighing.

You're choosing to be optimistic, I'm not choosing to think Pardew's shit, it just seems that way to me.

Ok so go into the season thinking we are shit, suppose at least you won't get let down. And i'm being optimistic because the players at the club excite me, i look at our team now and i just can't wait to get them all out there starting next season. I’m not just being optimistic for the sake of it, i actually love a big core of the players we have at the club and i think it's a privilege that they play for us. Sorry if the optimism is too much for you.

Ok so go into the season thinking we are shit, suppose at least you won't get let down. And i'm being optimistic because the players at the club excite me, i look at our team now and i just can't wait to get them all out there starting next season. I’m not just being optimistic for the sake of it, i actually love a big core of the players we have at the club and i think it's a privilege that they play for us. Sorry if the optimism is too much for you.

Brett you got it going on.

Nobody's saying everything is great or we don't have problems, it's just nice to think about the positives at times. At the end of the day we're supporters of the club.

Guest reefatoon

Ok so go into the season thinking we are s***, suppose at least you won't get let down. And i'm being optimistic because the players at the club excite me, i look at our team now and i just can't wait to get them all out there starting next season. I’m not just being optimistic for the sake of it, i actually love a big core of the players we have at the club and i think it's a privilege that they play for us. Sorry if the optimism is too much for you.

Here you go fella, this will wipe any kind of optimism right out of you.

http://img.youtube.com/vi/qoE7jGOK5ts/0.jpg

Ok so go into the season thinking we are s***, suppose at least you won't get let down. And i'm being optimistic because the players at the club excite me, i look at our team now and i just can't wait to get them all out there starting next season. I’m not just being optimistic for the sake of it, i actually love a big core of the players we have at the club and i think it's a privilege that they play for us. Sorry if the optimism is too much for you.

I've said it many times, i'm completely writing last season off.

Not quite  :aww:

:scared: