Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

The club is a long, long way from realising it's financial potential, clearly.

Now, there either there isn't the ambition to do that or there isn't ability (lack of expertise of people is key positions).

Tend to agree, but quantifying it is pretty hard isn't it?

I mean, presumably massive sponsorship deals requires European success, which is really expensive to get. And matchday revenue also depends (to a large extent) on milking the fans more.

I'd personally rather pay more and watch better football.

could the drop in revenue be accounted for by the headphones and boot bag that girl 2 got sent for her birthday a little while back ?

I've had a chat with her and she's accepted it's probably her fault that we can't sign Lionel Messi.

could the drop in revenue be accounted for by the headphones and boot bag that girl 2 got sent for her birthday a little while back ?

I've had a chat with her and she's accepted it's probably her fault that we can't sign Lionel Messi.

Are you saying we can't sign Messi?  Shit, I had better lower my expectations. 

Are you saying we can't sign Messi?  s***, I had better lower my expectations. 

well we can, we just get some darren bradshaw-a-like to change his name by deed poll or whatever it is these days.

well we can, we just get some darren bradshaw-a-like to change his name by deed poll or whatever it is these days.

We could do that, and then we'd bring him in on loan.

probably wouldn't want to come to a club where you deservedly win a game and your own fans claim it was lucky.  :yikes:

Must be mostly that.

We did have a UEFA run in the 2006/2007 season, and didn't in 2011/2012 but that's only going to explain a minor part of it. Generally matchday income has been lower under Ashley, I haven't checked this out but I'd be surprised if there has been a drop in attendance of the size that would explain that sort of fall in revenue. So I think it can only be down to those that do go to matches paying less to do so. Anyone got any other theories?

It can't be mostly that, some have a price freeze which isn't a total freeze as we pay for membership and that hasn't only been added and left at the same price, it's been increased.

This isn't exactly the same time period as mentioned in The Mag article but it's close and the prices are increased if you aren't locked in with a 10 year deal.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/8311482/Newcastle-United-owner-Mike-Ashley-sanctions-ten-year-freeze-on-season-ticket-prices.html

2001-02            2008-09                2011-12

Adult    Junior    Adult      Junior      Adult      Junior     

The Gallowgate Stand    £392      £241      £543      £277      £558      £272

Family Area                  £299      £125      £330      £110      £345      £100 

Not quite sure why I did this but anyway......

In 2006/2007 we had a total attendance of 1,222,716 at all league and cup home games. Matchday revenue was £33.6 million.

In 2011/2012 we had a total attendance of 979,653 at all league and cup home games. Matchday revenue was £23.9 million.

NB. We had 8 more home matches in 2006/2007 due to UEFA and League cup matches. 

The average matchday revenue per spectator in 2006/2007 was £27.48 and in 2011/2012 it was £24.40. So whilst season ticket prices have not gone down the average amount paid per spectator has. Obviously there are some distorting factors in there, such as  the cup games that are not covered by season tickets and how they were priced, but I can't be arsed to go into that  :lol:

This clown must surely realise we are around £20 million away from challenging a couple of the big boys. Look at Southampton for example, they spend wisely and have made a cracking start.

I'm no businessman, but its a great opportunity for him and his shit Diadora riddled overcrowded shit shop to make a few quid long-term after pumping money into us.

After a couple of decent performances apparently Ashley will be rubbing his hands at the prospect of players market values increasing because of course it's well known that he wants to flog all our best players.

I really can't get my head around this notion as during his tenure we've been anything but a "selling club".

If Ashley is to be criticised then surely it has to be based on his failed and strange appointments and lack of effective communication rather than our transfer dealings. We have brought more good players into the club than we have sold during his time and the whole transfer policy is a lot more astute than it ever was before.

This clown must surely realise we are around £20 million away from challenging a couple of the big boys. Look at Southampton for example, they spend wisely and have made a cracking start.

I'm no businessman, but its a great opportunity for him and his shit Diadora riddled overcrowded shit shop to make a few quid long-term after pumping money into us.

Are we really that close? This summer Spurs spent £100m. Granted they sold Bale, but still.

I think this highlights the problem with this whole debate TBH... footballl doesn't provide a defined return on investment. You could spend £20m and end up loads higher, or you could spend £50m and finish in the same position.

In business terms, it's very hard to make the case in a concrete way IMO.

He cannot wait for January 1st, we all know that is when he will fk things up.

Hope he fucks us up like last January

:lol: Aye but you really think he will do that again?

Seems really stupid to do your main business in a window where prices tend to increase and you only have a month to get deals done.