Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Be glad to see some new recruits but signing one player in the summer and five in the winter transfer window reeks of incompetence.

This has been my point when suggesting these were panic buys. Not random or unconsidered, just several months late and everyone knew these were needed in August. Ashley has been forced into this due to the lack of competence in the summer.

could he not be doing exactly the same thing but this time it's paid off (like it did with cabaye, tiote, ba ). sometime it works and looks good, sometime it doesn't and makes you look daft but each time the thinking has been the same.

Ashley cares 0% about the club itself, the players and even less about the fans.  These signings are simply to protect his investment and fits in his buy to sell for profit policy.

At some point in the future if we don't go down we'll be back in this position again after risking with what we have with our bullshit purple players policy.

And yet has put more of his own money into it than anyone else in the history of the club. In fact he's probably the only person who has ever put any money into the club's coffers, apart from the few bob that we long suffering souls spend on them.

He's a strange f***er.

Due Diligence can do that to a bloke eh

Ahh yes.  The single most important thing when buying a business and the fat cunt didn't bother with it.

SJH took him to the cleaners.

You may have bought more businesses than me so I'll have to take your word on that.

There's also a very reasonable argument that on this occasion he may have preferred to waive the due diligence process for his own reason's. It certainly didn't bankrupt him.

Anyway I'm supplying mere suppositions, the certainty with which you post means you must know a lot more about these things so you're probably right.

I never really understood why people use the due diligence argument as a negative argument against Ashley. Someone who was only bothered about the money would have done the due diligence and run a mile surely? In fact plenty did. Would we prefer that type of owner?

Guest neesy111

Ashley cares 0% about the club itself, the players and even less about the fans.  These signings are simply to protect his investment and fits in his buy to sell for profit policy.

At some point in the future if we don't go down we'll be back in this position again after risking with what we have with our bullshit purple players policy.

And yet has put more of his own money into it than anyone else in the history of the club. In fact he's probably the only person who has ever put any money into the club's coffers, apart from the few bob that we long suffering souls spend on them.

He's a strange f***er.

Ahh yes.  The single most important thing when buying a business and the fat cunt didn't bother with it.

You may have bought more businesses than me so I'll have to take your word on that.

There's also a very reasonable argument that on this occasion he may have preferred to waive the due diligence process for his own reason's. It certainly didn't bankrupt him.

Anyway I'm supplying mere suppositions, the certainty with which you post means you must know a lot more about these things so you're probably right.

For such a big investment, he went into the deal utterly blind to the state of our finances which were pretty bad.  He would had found the following:

Shepherd writing clauses into loans that £60m of them had to be re paid in 60 days if the club was taken over.

Club still owing money for quite a few players bought 2-3 years previously.

The tell take sign for me was how easy SJH sold his stake to him.

I never really understood why people use the due diligence argument as a negative argument against Ashley. Someone who was only bothered about the money would have done the due diligence and run a mile surely? In fact plenty did. Would we prefer that type of owner?

I think it's more as a defence against the 'he's put loads of his own money in' argument used to show his generosity. He had to, as did anyone else who was going to buy the club. So it's hardly something worthy of praise. A lot of it was for the perfectly sensible stadium redevelopment payments as well, so there's even less to praise for.

Guest neesy111

Yes.

He's a strange f***er.

For such a big investment, he went into the deal utterly blind to the state of our finances which were pretty bad.  He would had found the following:

Shepherd writing clauses into loans that £60m of them had to be re paid in 60 days if the club was taken over.

How on earth the bloke was worth nearly 2 billion by the time he was 40, in light of this staggering incompetence, is frankly mind boggling.

Guest chicken little

seeing as we're playing a game of you must choose one of the options in a wholly false binary, i'd have to say i'm delighted with the boy ashley.

He's a strange f***er.

Ahh yes.  The single most important thing when buying a business and the fat c*** didn't bother with it.

The Hall and Shepherd clans certainly did very well out of the sale, but before Ashley came along the potential buyers who did do due diligence ran a mile. So maybe it's just as well for us (as well as the Halls and Shepherds) that Ashley didn't bother to have a proper look before he bought. There's no argument that he's f*cked up along the way but at least when he has had to put his hand in his pocket to pay for his f*ck ups he could afford it.

Presumably he knew that buying us would cost him an absolute fortune, because every football club costs their owner a fortune.

I still think he bought us for entertainment and something to enjoy on a weekend, and it went a bit sour when he fucked up some early decisions and got us relegated.

Guest neesy111

He's a strange f***er.

How on earth the bloke was worth nearly 2 billion by the time he was 40, in light of this staggering incompetence, is frankly mind boggling.

Agreed.

Struck gold with Sports Direct but 1st 2 business ventures went tits up to which he was apparently bailed out by his father.

He's not stupid, but he doesn't know anything about football as KK has publicly said.

Guest neesy111

He's a strange f***er.

Ahh yes.  The single most important thing when buying a business and the fat c*** didn't bother with it.

The Hall and Shepherd clans certainly did very well out of the sale, but before Ashley came along the potential buyers who did do due diligence ran a mile. So maybe it's just as well for us (as well as the Halls and Shepherds) that Ashley didn't bother to have a proper look before he bought. There's no argument that he's f*cked up along the way but at least when he has had to put his hand in his pocket to pay for his f*ck ups he could afford it.

Shepherd valued the club probably 1.5x more than what is worth.  Absolutely mental.

He's a strange f***er.

Agreed.

Struck gold with Sports Direct but 1st 2 business ventures went tits up to which he was apparently bailed out by his father.

He's not stupid, but he doesn't know anything about football as KK has publicly said.

Aye it's unlikely that he'll ever manage England.

But there again Keegan hasn't been very bright in business, so each to their own I suppose.

Yes.

Such as?

He's a strange f***er.

Agreed.

But there again Keegan hasn't been very bright in business, so each to their own I suppose.

Ooof. :lol:

Guest neesy111

He's a strange f***er.

Agreed.

Hence why Llambias should be nowhere near this football club.

He's a strange f***er.

Shepherd valued the club probably 1.5x more than what is worth.  Absolutely mental.

When anything ends up being sold the ultimate call on the value has to be with the person who decides to buy it.

He's a strange f***er.

When anything ends up being sold the ultimate call on the value has to be with the person who decides to buy it.

:snod:

He's a strange f***er.

and the person who decides to sell it.

Guest malandro

I think it's more as a defence against the 'he's put loads of his own money in' argument used to show his generosity. He had to, as did anyone else who was going to buy the club. So it's hardly something worthy of praise. A lot of it was for the perfectly sensible stadium redevelopment payments as well, so there's even less to praise for.

More a fact than a defence, but yes.

This debate polarised years ago into people like me who can't stand the bloke and people who want to lick the sweat off his sphincter after he's been out jogging in his rubber gimp suit.

Until he gets that SD shite off SJP I'm sticking with he can fuck off.

He's a strange f***er.

Well....if no one wants to pay what the seller is asking it simply won't get sold, so ultimately if it does get sold it is because the buyer agreed a price. So it is the buyers call. I have no idea what Ashley could have bought the club for if he wanted to string it out but he agreed to pay £140 million - his decision.

Guest neesy111

He's a strange f***er.

Well....if no one wants to pay what the seller is asking it simply won't get sold, so ultimately if it does get sold it is because the buyer agreed a price. So it is the buyers call. I have no idea what Ashley could have bought the club for if he wanted to string it out but he agreed to pay £140 million - his decision.

Like the Andy Carroll deal. :rolleyes:

More a fact than a defence, but yes.

This debate polarised years ago into people like me who can't stand the bloke and people who want to lick the sweat off his sphincter after he's been out jogging in his rubber gimp suit.

Until he gets that SD s**** off SJP I'm sticking with he can f*** off.

Brutal imagery.

He's a strange f***er.

Not getting why you have unleashed the rolleyes there?

Guest neesy111

He's a strange f***er.

Not getting why you have unleashed the rolleyes there?

:undecided: