**Newcastle-Online Forum Awards 2006**

James

Best NUFC forum poster - Matt

Best Chat poster - Gemmill

Best overall poster - Gemmill

Best Wind Up Merchant - NE5 (even though it's unintentional)

Best foreign poster - M4

Poster you'd like to post more often - Matt

Most knowledgable poster - Stevie

Most optimistic - Taylor27

Most pessimistic - Northern Monkey

Worst poster - Invicta Toon

Best thread - NUFC forum - 2006-7 End of Season Review

Best thread - General Chat - So I met this lass...

Best avatar -

Best signature

Best Administrator/Moderator

Best Writer - NSG

Funniest thread - So I met this lass...

Funniest poster - Gemmill

Poster you'd most like to meet

Best looking poster

Best vendetta against a player/club official - NE5 v Souness

Best Forum Feud

Best non-NUFC poster - Dr Spectrum

Most controversial. -

Best rookie/newcomer.

Most Improved Poster

Most reliable/helpful poster

Guest Gemmill

Optimistic Nut is a man of impeccable taste!  Agree about Matt too btw.  Doesn't post enough.  Get yourself back to a piss-up and you can meet the man IN PERSON!  blueeek.gif

Optimistic Nut is a man of impeccable taste!  Agree about Matt too btw.  Doesn't post enough.  Get yourself back to a piss-up and you can meet the man IN PERSON!  blueeek.gif

Was going to put Gemmill v Luque in the "Best vendetta" section too but NE5 edges that one.  tongue.gif

Was going to put Gemmill v Luque in the "Best vendetta" section too but NE5 edges that one. tongue.gif

Neither holds a candle to a certain primate v a crock ;)

May I point out that for best newcomer, it needs to be someone that signed up in 2006. So not Kitman or Chez, who are both from 2005.

About that poster Delima :D

Smoggies don't count in any voting procedure.

No I am a mackem :(

Two things:

a) Please remember that I cannot count your vote unless I receive a PM. That includes you Nut.

b) Before you submit your Best Newcomer vote, please, please, please, please, please, please can you take into account the fact that Kitman registered in 2005 so is not eligible for the award.

Two things:

a) Please remember that I cannot count your vote unless I receive a PM. That includes you Nut.

b) Before you submit your Best Newcomer vote, please, please, please, please, please, please can you take into account the fact that Kitman registered in 2005 so is not eligible for the award.

:wullie:  TAYLOR 27 OUT !!!!!!!!!! Blatant anti-Kitman agenda!!!  :wullie:

Of course he's right, bastard, but nonetheless....  bluewink.gif

Guest NSMagpie

In my humble opinion, two more categories are absent.

1. The best poster from non-English speaking countries, as it's very different writing about NUFC  in English as your native tongue and writing about NUFC in English as foreign language. Even if in both cases you are from overseas. Having in mind that newcastle-online.com is a truly international site with many active participants from abroad, voters would have several candidates in each category.

2. The best female poster. This category may bring some more female presence to the board, and that would be welcome.

On the funny side, perhaps introducing the categories "The king/queen of off-topic" and "The most abusive active (i.e. not banned) poster" might be interesting.

1. The best poster from non-English speaking countries, as it's very different writing about NUFC  in English as your native tongue and writing about NUFC in English as foreign language. Even if in both cases you are from overseas. Having in mind that newcastle-online.com is a truly international site with many active participants from abroad, voters would have several candidates in each category.

2. The best female poster. This category may bring some more female presence to the board, and that would be welcome.

On the funny side, perhaps introducing the categories "The king/queen of off-topic" and "The most abusive active (i.e. not banned) poster" might be interesting.

Fair points, but I think that for 1. we have an award for best foreign poster and that pretty much covers it - it is very difficult to judge who does and doesn't speak English as their first language. As for 2. most members that vote will only be aware of two posters, and only one of these posts in the NUFC section, so it becomes more of a case of 'who is the only female poster' rather than 'who is the best female poster'

Regardless, keep voting everyone!

Guest NSMagpie

Fair points, but I think that for 1. we have an award for best foreign poster and that pretty much covers it - it is very difficult to judge who does and doesn't speak English as their first language. As for 2. most members that vote will only be aware of two posters, and only one of these posts in the NUFC section, so it becomes more of a case of 'who is the only female poster' rather than 'who is the best female poster'

1. It's not always easy to tell, but the  location of a poster shows the truth, and IP address shows who is from an English speaking country and who is not. Outstanding cases encompassing some businessman from Malaysia who is a Geordie in disguise, and His Excellency Mr. Williams, deputy of Her Majesty in Poland, posing as Polish are probably not very often. After all, it's all just fun.

2. I meant the best overall female poster, not just the best NUFC forum female poster.

Anyway, I'll take a day or two to see who's active now and in good form, and then vote. But I've mostly made up my mind already.

• 3 weeks later...

I can think of 4 female posters who post here (and just talking about the NUFC section) regularily. Iklgizmo more than the others, admittedly, but a good 3 others who post about the same nowadays. And on top of that a good 2 other females who tend to post in the general forums as opposed to this one.

Yeah right mosley.gif

Deary deary me. Repressed. So repressed, and in absolute denial. :lol: