St James' Park

Dave

Fwiw i think it looks pretty good on the shirt also.

Obviously the sticky on patch isnt great but id imagine that was/is a temp thing until puma can get new ones made.

Having a bit more red on our shirt may help us to get a few favourable refereeing decisions ??

£2.5m  That's shocking honestly. 

Tbf has that contract not been set for a good few years now? Most other clubs would've had new deals by now to be able to improve their amounts I'd guess?

Guest neesy111

About right given those figures but fuck me Arsenal nee wonder they're always selling everyone.

Emirates do give Arsenal a good amount for the stadium sponsorship mind.

Guest VaVaVoom

Fwiw i think it looks pretty good on the shirt also.

Obviously the sticky on patch isnt great but id imagine that was/is a temp thing until puma can get new ones made.

Having a bit more red on our shirt may help us to get a few favourable refereeing decisions ??

Haha

It could well be a lucky charm though.

Further to the announcement yesterday that Virgin Money are the new shirt sponsors of Newcastle United, the club are pleased to confirm that shirts, with the new logo applied, will be on sale in all club stores and available online at www.nufc.co.uk from Friday (6 Jan).

Supporters are advised that there may only be a limited quantity of the new look shirts in stock on Friday, with further stock arriving over the following days.

Supporters with current 2011/12 shirts are also welcome to bring their shirts into one of the official club stores to obtain a new logo free of charge, subject to supply.

Newcastle United's official club stores are located at the Metrocentre, Eldon Square and Sports Direct Arena St. James' Park.

£2.5m  That's shocking honestly. 

Tbf has that contract not been set for a good few years now? Most other clubs would've had new deals by now to be able to improve their amounts I'd guess?

I know it was renegotiated after relegation. Our original deal was better but when it was renewed they offered less due to the fact we'd just went down, athough there was a clause saying it would increase in the event of promotion but only to the £2.5 mill you see there.

£8 million a year is a brilliant deal.

Cheers Disco :thup: take it that's from the beginning of the season - are Liverpool getting reparations from Standard Charter for all the years when they were getting £500k pa from Carlsberg? How on earth are they getting top dollar these days....guess the new Commercial Director has been earning his bonus.

Again, if true, there is NO reason why we shouldnt get getting 2 quality players in this window now.

:nope: the sponsorship income over the next 2.5 years shouldn't be directly correlating with our success in the transfer window that is already open :undecided: it's this type of clamour that has the likes of Pardew having to come out and defend why the club didn't allow themselves to be mugged during the transfer window.

We have to get out of this mentality of equating the cost of a player as to how successful he will be - trust the scouts and the system we have in place to keep us moving forward.

About right given those figures but fuck me Arsenal nee wonder they're always selling everyone.

Don't Arsenal pull in well over £10 million a year when everything is considered - shirt, stadium name and in-ground advertising?

Thought they'd had a significant chunk of the Emirates deal upfront to help with the stadium costs.

Cheers Disco :thup: take it that's from the beginning of the season - are Liverpool getting reparations from Standard Charter for all the years when they were getting £500k pa from Carlsberg? How on earth are they getting top dollar these days....guess the new Commercial Director has been earning his bonus.

They're still a huge name around the globe.

They're still a huge name around the globe.

Unfortunately.........they're especially big in the Far East. I blame Michael Owen.

Again, if true, there is NO reason why we shouldnt get getting 2 quality players in this window now.

:nope: the sponsorship income over the next 2.5 years shouldn't be directly correlating with our success in the transfer window that is already open :undecided: it's this type of clamour that has the likes of Pardew having to come out and defend why the club didn't allow themselves to be mugged during the transfer window.

We have to get out of this mentality of equating the cost of a player as to how successful he will be - trust the scouts and the system we have in place to keep us moving forward.

While I agree to an extent with this added cash boost (not sure how it'll be paid) you'd like to think there is more room for manoever in this and future windows to plug the gaps in our fairly threadbare squad. Quality not quantity is spot on though.

Liverpool getting 20m a season  :facepalm:

what's wrong with the world?

Wait till the new warrior sports deal kicks in!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1379466/Liverpools-mammoth-25m-year-Warrior-kit-deal-rewrites-record-books.html

The news comes as a huge blow to their current kit manufacturers as Liverpool's shirt is the fourth-highest selling replica in the world.

Around 900,000 shirts are sold annually, a number only beaten by North West rivals United, plus Spanish giants Real Madrid and Barcelona.

It's what keeps Liverpool competitive in the transfer market tbf, what they lack in stadium they make up for in sponsorship/global appeal.