Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

18 hours ago, KingArthur said:

The Romero one is a clear penalty. He is blocking a goalbound shot

I thought that it was a good decision not to give penalty against Mbeumo. He has his back to the ball, it comes from so close, and I guess there was a little push from Barnes. Really don't like to see those given. 

I thought that the Mbeumo handball should've been a penalty as harsh as it may seem. Didn't we have a penalty awarded against us for a similar handball in the same fixture last season where we won 5-1?

Just catching up on all of this.

1) The Gordon penalty was 100% a penalty. Shouldn't really be a debate about it. It was a foul in the penalty area, regardless of whether Gordon was getting to the ball or not.

2) The handball penalty was a 50/50 for me. Can see why he disallowed it, but also think his hand was in an unnatural position.

3) The disallowed goal was laughable. I've seen it from every angle and I've seen the screen grabs of it. Who cares if Wilson had a hand on him. The goalkeeper has every advantage in that situation. 2 arms that he can lift above his head to effectively clear that ball. Football is a contact sport. You should be allowed to touch a goalkeeper. Basically the goalkeeper got a massive slice of luck from his pathetic attempt to clear it.

12 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

2) The handball penalty was a 50/50 for me. Can see why he disallowed it, but also think his hand was in an unnatural position.

The ball hits Mbeumo head first and then his hand. Its only penalty if the ball hits the arm/hand

2 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

3) The disallowed goal was laughable. I've seen it from every angle and I've seen the screen grabs of it. Who cares if Wilson had a hand on him. The goalkeeper has every advantage in that situation. 2 arms that he can lift above his head to effectively clear that ball. Football is a contact sport. You should be allowed to touch a goalkeeper. Basically the goalkeeper got a massive slice of luck from his pathetic attempt to clear it.

If that was Pope you would be fuming. You cannot stop keeper to challenge for the ball by holding him down ffs.

25 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

If that was Pope you would be fuming. You cannot stop keeper to challenge for the ball by holding him down ffs.

He didn’t “hold him down” at all though did he. Wilson’s hand went onto his arm for approximately 0.25 secs. It’s just piss weak goalkeeping.

3 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

1) The Gordon penalty was 100% a penalty. Shouldn't really be a debate about it. It was a foul in the penalty area, regardless of whether Gordon was getting to the ball or not.

Bang on.  You have obviously played the game.  Whilst others on here play the computer version.

16 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

He didn’t “hold him down” at all though did he. Wilson’s hand went onto his arm for approximately 0.25 secs. It’s just piss weak goalkeeping.

And it is a foul. Before VAR that might have been allowed, but nowadays these are all seen. Nice try from Wilson.

You really cannot put your arm for the keeper even for 0,25 secs mate.

2 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

And it is a foul. Before VAR that might have been allowed, but nowadays these are all seen. Nice try from Wilson.

FFS

4 minutes ago, Rod said:

FFS

No need for that. It is a clear foul. He is stopping the goalkeeper from getting to that cross by holding his arm. If Wilson was pulling his shirt would that make it a foul for you? It's a same thing. 

Can you give me one example were that kind of goal has been given?  Maybe in some pub league or park football yes.

Edited by KingArthur

4 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

But at EVERY corner players are hugging and grabbing their opponent with fuck all penalisation.  Sneeze or stare at the keeper and it's a foul?  Howay man!

1 minute ago, KingArthur said:

No need for that. It is a clear foul. He is stopping the goalkeeper from getting to that cross by holding his arm. If Wilson was pulling his shirt would that make it a foul for you? It's a same thing. 

Can you give me one example were that kind of goal has been given?  Maybe in some pub league or park football yes.

You're talking shite and obviously haven't played a game of football in your life.

4 minutes ago, Rod said:

But at EVERY corner players are hugging and grabbing their opponent with fuck all penalisation.  Sneeze or stare at the keeper and it's a foul?  Howay man!

Yes they are, and that is allowed for some reason. Same as small contact from behind when you are shielding the ball -> foul. No idea why.
Rules regarding keepers are clearly different, this is something you know if you have played a game of football :aww:

You are really comparing holdind keeper's arm down with sneezing or staring?

I have played football for 17 years and watch 200+ games a year.

I am yet to hear one example where that kind of goal has been allowed...

Yes they are, and that is allowed for some reason. Same as small contact from behind when you are shielding the ball -> foul. No idea why.
Rules regarding keepers are clearly different, this is something you know if you have played a game of football :aww:

Unbelievable.  The fact that you have played football, nowt else.  I bet you are a frustrated failed the test referee that was a school teacher in some part of your life.

5 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

One example?  Could give you hundreds.  Google Andy Gray (yes I'm that old).

6 minutes ago, Rod said:

Unbelievable.  The fact that you have played football, nowt else.  I bet you are a frustrated failed the test referee that was a school teacher in some part of your life.

You really start calling me names after we disagree on referee's decision? Are you 12 yo mate?

I don't really know, or care, what pub league you used to play, but usually rules of the game are applied when the game is played. 

If WIlson stands there and DOESN'T put his hand to goalkeeper's arm, that is not a foul and just weak goalkeeping.

Ok you tell me google Andy Gray. That pretty much sums it up. Back when football was about kicking the shit out of the other bloke on muddy fields. Graeme Souness might also think that was not a foul, and all the other dinosaurs.

I just ask one example from the last 5 years or so please.

Edited by KingArthur

You really start calling me names after we disagree on referee's decision? Are you 12 yo mate?

I don't really know, or care, what pub league you used to play, but usually rules of the game are applied when the game is played. 

If WIlson stands there and DOESN'T put his hand to goalkeeper's arm, that is not a foul and just weak goalkeeping.

Ok you tell me google Andy Gray. That pretty much sums it up. Back when football was about kicking the shit out of the other bloke on muddy fields. Graeme Souness might also think that was not a foul, and all the other dinosaurs.

I think we all know who's 12 years of age (winky face).

Just now, Rod said:

I think we all know who's 12 years of age (winky face).

What's yo?  Can you not spell years old?  Or are you trying to "get down with the kids".  Google "The Young Ones".

10 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

Graeme Souness was actually a very good footballer.  The best player I ever saw "live" was a bloke called George Best who also played on muddy fields.  Google George Best.

4 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Quite like the idea of two old timers telling each other to Google stuff. Shouldn't they be advising each other to look it up at their local library first thing tomorrow morning once the bus pass becomes valid?

Pilko, I think I am the "old timer".  King Arthur is about 11 or twelve.  He's furiously googling George Best.