Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

35 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Need to see it again. But I’m pretty sure he was outside the box? It was a foul, though. 

It was. The Frogster not done his homework here.

7 hours ago, Froggy said:

Because it's a penalty.

I didn’t think so and even ten Hag admitted it was dubious.

You can probably give it by interpretation by the law, but it’s extremely poor judgment to do so.

28 minutes ago, Norseman said:

You can probably give it by interpretation by the law, but it’s extremely poor judgment to do so.

What? :lol:

These penalties are an absolute joke. I don't think anyone disagrees with that, but as you say, by interpretation of the law, they are indeed penalties. 

He leans towards the ball. He knows it. The guilty player doesn't even complain. It's instinctive, but that's what he has done. Even Jamie Redknapp says it's a pen and he despises us. 

7 hours ago, nufc123 said:

Please post a picture of Maddison foot in the back of Murphy while you are at it..

Yep, poor decision in my opinion. Top 6 club corruption isn't it? Definitely nothing to do with refs just being inconsistent and incompetent.

Every game has stupid decisions now, and people have short memories. What about the game where you beat Arsenal? Bruno G elbowing Jorginho in the back of the head and getting away with it? Or the ball being out for Gordon's goal? Or Joelinton pushing Gabriel in the back in the same sequence? 

Havertz should have been sent off that game too. Top 6 corruption? Only if you ignore the multiple decisions that went Newcastle's way in that game. 

--------------

Time for some people to grow up and get over it. Our refs are shit and it's as simple as that. We've have a mountain of decisions go against us this last few years and a few go for us. It happens to us and everyone else. 

Honestly the people that suggest there's corruption or a brand to protect are one step away from an asylum. It's fairly embarrassing.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/38196464/how-var-decisions-affect-premier-league-club-2023-24

Liverpool and Man United in the bottom five. No "big 6" clubs in the top 5.

A lot of those ones against us were very subjective also and could have easily been given in our favour if there was corruption, which of course there isn't. 

We're not in 7th place because of refs, we're in 7th place because teams just can't put us away despite us playing regens in defence and being generally awful for nearly a whole season. This is the easiest we'll ever be to play against. 

48 minutes ago, Froggy said:

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/38196464/how-var-decisions-affect-premier-league-club-2023-24

Liverpool and Man United in the bottom five. No "big 6" clubs in the top 5.

A lot of those ones against us were very subjective also and could have easily been given in our favour if there was corruption, which of course there isn't. 

We're not in 7th place because of refs, we're in 7th place because teams just can't put us away despite us playing regens in defence and being generally awful for nearly a whole season. This is the easiest we'll ever be to play against. 

What's the general consensus from Man United fans on Ten Hag and how the clubs performing? Granted I don't watch every game, but you always seem to be miles off it and grab a result. It feels like someone will give you an absolute hiding soon.

Just now, CheikBoom said:

What's the general consensus from Man United fans on Ten Hag and how the clubs performing? Granted I don't watch every game, but you always seem to be miles off it and grab a result. It feels like someone will give you an absolute hiding soon.

Us. 

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The often seen VAR table that proves nothing without knowing the contentiousness of decisions and non-decisions overall. 

A worthless table basically 

Whatever suits your agenda of course. If there was corruption or protection of the brand, the two best supported clubs in the country wouldn't be near the bottom of the VAR table for decisions against them. It's as simple as that. 

I know the contentiousness of those decisions as well. For example the Maguire offside against Fulham, a very easy one to give in our favour if they wanted to. The Hojlund goal for the ball being out of play, it looked in. Very easy to give in our favour at the expense of Brighton. The Rodri "foul" by Hojlund. Disgrace of a decision, but maybe they were just protecting the Man City brand that day? :lol:

Do we even understand the meaning of the word corruption? Contentiousness doesn't come into it. 

Again, if anyone believes there's corruption or a protection of the brand, they've lost their marbles. Or are just unable to think straight in the face of bitterness towards towards their rivals. With you, it's the latter. 

19 minutes ago, CheikBoom said:

Obviously we're disgusted with how the team is performing. 

Ten Hag has implemented his Ajax style on play on this side believe it or not. But we don't have the players to do it, through fitness issues and injuries. He continues with it though, which is why we're growing tired. There's no plan B. 

He's thrown Garnacho under the bus yesterday, when he has been our biggest threat and most consistent attacker this season. 

He continues to play Rashford who doesn't track back and then tries to play a high intensity press which will never work. 

I didn't want to believe it after one season but Casemiro's legs are properly gone. So you're essentially another man down in the midfield which then leaves a defence torn apart by injury to deal with an onslaught. Some teams have most more players that us this season, but our defensive injuries are unprecedented. Martinez, Varane, Lindelof, Evans and Shaw out yesterday. No team can cope with that. 

Ten Hag had a discussion with Gullitt when he was Ajax boss which I found interesting, as it's exactly what is happening with us now. 

See here, it's an interesting watch IMO:

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1775193938686595072/pu/vid/avc1/828x462/qoD_liz1XVz1WRTl.mp4?tag=12

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1775194031233912833/pu/vid/avc1/828x462/8z7yt3pl-ojbtpgx.mp4?tag=12[\spoiler]

He's not doing himself any favours with his team selection, but I would like him to get more time, along with a new high class DM and a LB and/or CB that isn't made of chocolate. 

14 hours ago, Norseman said:

Next level biased/bent. The worst decision was the Man U pen. Never a pen and gave me some PTSD flashback to PSG away, and this cunt couldn’t wait to give the pen. Utter crap

How did the VAR not overturn it?

I think it would have come down to not being a 'clear and obvious' error. The ball did hit his arm.

Having said that, the player was unlucky, because the ball came to him unexpectedly after a deflection, and don't think there was a deliberate attempt to handle the ball.  I think the ref made the wrong decision, but it wasn't 'clearly and obviously' wrong.

Didn't even get the chance to respond to the incorrect post before it was deleted. :lol: 

38 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Any chance we can have a whip round and fund Foggy actually going to a game? 

Armchair pundit is so passe 😉

Why do you think I don't go to games? You've said this before. :lol:

28 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Actually thought the Man U pen was correct. It's a small movement but I think that's deliberate to stop the ball going to the Man U forward.

Thought Bournemouth's was a penalty as well. 

Commentator kept saying about the foul continuing into the box, which to be honest I didn't understand so maybe I'm not sure on the rule. 

I thought it's the first point of contact for the foul, which was definitely outside the box. 

Just now, Froggy said:

Commentator kept saying about the foul continuing into the box, which to be honest I didn't understand so maybe I'm not sure on the rule. 

I thought it's the first point of contact for the foul, which was definitely outside the box. 

That rule changed a while ago. Remember Burn a couple of months ago being penalised for similar.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

That rule changed a while ago. Remember Burn a couple of months ago being penalised for similar.

So what is the actual rule? 

Posted in the other games thread, so I'll not repeat myself at length here, but overturning Bournemouths penalty was a very shoddy decision. And I don't understand why the defender didn't get a card of either colour for what was a pretty cynical foul.

Although I don't agree with the Man Utd penalty I can understand why it was given and don't think it can be said to be a "clear and obvious" error in my understanding of those words.

Just now, Froggy said:

So what is the actual rule? 

The rule hasn't changed, I don't think, it's the application of it.

Essentially for fouls that continue into the box the ref is giving advantage until the attacker enters the box at which point there is no advantage to the attacker in playing on vs the award of a penalty.

7 minutes ago, Froggy said:

They're probably thinking of this bit of the laws:

"If a defender starts holding an attacker outside the penalty area and continues holding inside the penalty area, the referee must award a penalty kick."

For me it's correct there to award the foul from the point of contact if it's all one foul.

Edited by Checko

19 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Didn't even get the chance to respond to the incorrect post before it was deleted. :lol: 

Why do you think I don't go to games? You've said this before. :lol:

It was bantz then and bantz now. 😉