Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Just now, Groundhog63 said:

It was bantz then and bantz now. 😉

Good bantz for this season to be fair. I've only got over twice. :(

I will say I don't think the first was a pen. It's a handball there if:

1. He deliberately touches the ball with his arm

2. If the ball touches his arm accidentally while his arm was making his body unnaturally bigger

I don't think he was deliberately trying to play the ball with his arm. As Froggy said, there was a deflection and very little reaction times and there was an initial instinctive reaction to turn towards the ball. He doesn't really move from his spot. Looking at the replay it looks to me like he's actually then trying to move his arm away just as it's hitting.

The key thing again is, was he deliberately trying to touch the ball with his arm? Not, was he deliberately trying to play the ball when it touched his arm?

His arm was pretty much by his side as it hit him I don't think for me it was making his body unnaturally bigger, so for me that was no pen.

Again though it's a subjective call there but I would feel very harshly done by if that was given again us though.

For me, they were both probably the wrong call on-field but there maybe wasn't enough to overturn the decision on replay. Of course, one got overturned and one didn't which is again this issue with "clear and obvious error"

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Good bantz for this season to be fair. I've only got over twice. :(

Tbf I live 9 miles from St James and I've only been thrice. 

#bastardballotbututpisseslegacyfansoffsoworthit

For clear and obvious error, if they can use video footage to see that the contact was outside the box rather than in, then that would seem a clear error to award the penalty to me.

These very tight, last minute calls that decide the outcome of the game are exactly what VAR was brought in for.

Of course a lot of football decisions also involve subjectivity, which complicated things.

4 hours ago, Froggy said:

Yep, poor decision in my opinion. Top 6 club corruption isn't it? Definitely nothing to do with refs just being inconsistent and incompetent.

Every game has stupid decisions now, and people have short memories. What about the game where you beat Arsenal? Bruno G elbowing Jorginho in the back of the head and getting away with it? Or the ball being out for Gordon's goal? Or Joelinton pushing Gabriel in the back in the same sequence? 

Havertz should have been sent off that game too. Top 6 corruption? Only if you ignore the multiple decisions that went Newcastle's way in that game. 

--------------

Time for some people to grow up and get over it. Our refs are shit and it's as simple as that. We've have a mountain of decisions go against us this last few years and a few go for us. It happens to us and everyone else. 

Honestly the people that suggest there's corruption or a brand to protect are one step away from an asylum. It's fairly embarrassing.

I just reacted because the Burn picture was a ridiculous example. He hits his arm and Bentancur holds his head in pain. Its a yellow and freekick. The Maddison situation is just as bad. 

Yes the refs are inconsistenst. You didnt have any luck against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, but a week ago Casemiro escaped a red card and wouldnt have played against Bournemouth if the ref/VAR had done their job. Of course we are getting away with things also, like you say with Bruno (at the same time we would have played a lot of the game 11 vs 10 if VAR had done their job with Havertz). But I have also watched far to many Liverpool games and the amount of suspicious decisions going their way.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

It’s all kicking off

"It is never appropriate to improperly question the integrity of match officials"

Ok Vladimir Putin.

Just watched them all. Last one is the worst, especially when Taylor indicates that Young played the ball which simply isn't true and a clear error for VAR to fix. Reyna is also close as Young goes through the attackers leg. Handball is from close range, don't mind if those are not given but wouldn't have any complaints either if that was given against us as the handball takes away a decent chance to score.

It's honestly shocking that they didn't get at least one penalty and can understand why they are furious.

Edited by Pata

44 minutes ago, OCK said:

Short of "UP THE HATTERS" I'm not sure what Forest are hoping for here. 

Or ... 'sorry Anthony can't chat now, I'm with Mick Harford having a quick pint'

20 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

I saw all the fouls but on highlights. Did he go to the monitor for any of them? 

He should definitely have been called to go to the monitor for the third one as he quite clearly gestured that Young had played the ball when he quite obviously hadn't 

54 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

"It is never appropriate to improperly question the integrity of match officials"

Ok Vladimir Putin.

Exactly this. I was saying to my mate, they run it like a fucking tinpot fascist junta run by a general in a khaki uniform a tache and aviator sunglasses. 
Give me the money, shut the fuck up and don’t fucking question me. 
struggling to think of any other organisation that is not accountable to its members or customers. 

5 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Handball would have been incredibly harsh but worse have been given recently.

Young immediately looks towards the referee mind. Third one was a penalty, the first one I guess you’d stick with the on field decision. All 3 seemed to be fairly quickly cleared by VAR.

Straight through the back of the player on the third, no way he could win the ball without doing so. I'm all for forest having a go at the refs like it's getting worse and worse as time goes on. I thought a lot of these mistakes would have been ironed out by now. The var panels should be ex refs like elleray etc. So there's no bias to the ref as In friends. And helping him out.