Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

A key replacement in personnel reduced to an afterthought to a knee-jerk termination; it's little wonder Mick's such a living success story with such great ideas.

Should we have kept Souness because Shepherd had appointed managers who has failed?

How on earth does that have any pertinence?

1) There was a contingency in place. Which is what I'm advocating here.

2) We were 16th, not 7th.

We'll not be 7th much longer, at what point does the manager become a problem?

Mick do you really think we shoul go for a change of manager?  Really?  Or are you trolling us?

He said at the end of the season. By then a few more might have come to that decision, it's too early to say yet IMO.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Come on the Arfa!

Played good at O.T so must get a start tonight. Don't start vuckic again for 'Vuck' sake.

Mick do you really think we shoul go for a change of manager?  Really?  Or are you trolling us?

He said at the end of the season. By then a few more might have come to that decision, it's too early to say yet IMO.

Only if we don't win a game from now until the end of the season and he starts playing himself up front.

What I don't get with Pardew is why isn't he even trying to improve our standard of play?  We seem to have gone backwards since the start of the season.  I don't think anyone expects Barcelona style one touch football but we can certainly improve from what we're doing (Cabaye, Tiote, Vuckic, Ben Arfa, Ba, Santon are easily good enough to play football on the deck).

He's got a chance to build something because he'll get given time due to being Ashley's mate/man whatever (why else would we hire an out of work League 1 manager?).  I'd be happy to finish midtable for a few seasons if I knew (and saw) that we were trying to change our style of play completely but I wouldn't if the long term prospects were just to plod along each year.

The way Pardew's acting at the moment is as if his job is on the line with how fearful and conservative he's being, Pardew seems scared to drop a few points in the short term (which I don't even think will happen  :lol:) even if it means we could get our most talented player up to speed.

I don't rate him so I would be happy to replace him at the end of the season, the problem would then be finding somebody who would or could work for the morons running the club.

We'll do nothing with Pardew here as he's more than happy to go along with selling players at a profit to help his mates out.  He's an average manager who is here because of who he knows, not what he can do.

This isn’t the right thread for this but the questions have been asked so I’ll answer them.

Didn't someone say we conceded 11 goals when he's played. It was 1-1 before he came on against Liverpool.

It was 1-0 to Man U before he won the penalty it was 0-0 against Bolton before he scored his goal, your point is?

Was also 0-0 against Wigan and 1-2 against Spurs before he came on.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Come on the Arfa!

Played good at O.T so must get a start tonight. Don't start vuckic again for 'Vuck' sake.

Confirmed he's on the bench

We'll not be 7th much longer, at what point does the manager become a problem?

Firstly, when there's a threat of relegation; secondly, when there's someone/something to solve it.

Firstly, when there's a threat of relegation; secondly, when there's someone/something to solve it.

A threat of relegation?  He was brought in as an upgrade so why should a threat of relegation be his benchmark?  Your second point, I agree with and that would be the main reason for keeping him.

A threat of relegation?  He was brought in as an upgrade so why should a threat of relegation be his benchmark?  Your second point, I agree with and that would be the main reason for keeping him.

Funny how you only give rise to that benchmark when a inferior target is mentioned. Pardew has upgraded us, and you still want him gone.

Funny how you only give rise to that benchmark when a inferior target is mentioned. Pardew has upgraded us, and you still want him gone.

Pardew hasn't upgraded us and it was you who mentioned relegation not me.  :lol:

Pardew hasn't upgraded us and it was you who mentioned relegation not me.  :lol:

And it was you who defined the situation as target-oriented in relation to his appointment, yet completely disregard the fact that Pardew meets and even surpasses the implied benchmark.

If the threat of relegation looms, we have a problem. If not, we maintain managerial stablity and continue to gradually improve the squad.

Hasn't improved us. :lol:

Guest VaVaVoom

8pts more than at 19 games last season, so yes he has....

The season isn't over and I doubt very much that we'll be 8 points better off than last season when it is over.

Why the fuck all this pessimism? Its fuckin stupidity really.

We have had a pretty good 1st half of the season and i am pretty confident that we will get back on another good run and finish the season 7th with maybe a canny cup run too.

The pessimism will only start with me if we start selling our best players and go a good while without winning. We have a pretty good run of games coming up.

And it was you who defined the situation as target-oriented in relation to his appointment, yet completely disregard the fact that Pardew meets and even surpasses the implied benchmark.

If the threat of relegation looms, we have a problem. If not, we maintain managerial stablity and continue to gradually improve the squad.

I asked at what point does the manager become a proble, you said "when there's a threat of relegation."  I defined nothing, you did.  You do realise that we are currently going through what is probably our worst set of results since relegation, don't you?

If we are to improve on last season then we have to finish higher than 12th, we finished 12th but were 45 minutes from 10th.

I can't be bothered to read back very many pages, but TBH anyone being anything other than happy with our manager and our current position is beyond me.

Alright, we have a few question marks over playing style and team selection, but FFS we're seventh at Christmas and after a tough run of results. Let's at least enjoy it for a bit.

Why the f*** all this pessimism? Its fuckin stupidity really.

We have had a pretty good 1st half of the season and i am pretty confident that we will get back on another good run and finish the season 7th with maybe a canny cup run too.

The pessimism will only start with me if we start selling our best players and go a good while without winning. We have a pretty good run of games coming up.

The pretty good first half is true when looking at points gained and league position, the quality of football isn't that much better.  Does selling Carroll and Enrique not qualify as selling our best players?  Or does the selling our best players start at a future date?

I asked at what point does the manager become a proble, you said "when there's a threat of relegation."  I defined nothing, you did.  You do realise that we are currently going through what is probably our worst set of results since relegation, don't you?

If we are to improve on last season then we have to finish higher than 12th, we finished 12th but were 45 minutes from 10th.

9th actually. And you did define what he was brought in to do.

Can't be bothered arguing with you if you can't keep up and perform your usual monkey routine of completely refusing to take the significant facts into account when they conflict with your argument.