Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Cheers.

It's actually quite heartening to hear him say that he'll press the club on their ambition.

I think it's a decent indication of how the players viewed the transfer activity in the summer. Seems clear to me that they believe this season has been negatively affected by it.

My only hope is that the club learn from it.

Fingers crossed.

NUFC Stats ‏@NUFC_Stats

Ben Arfa: “The France team is my first goal!” #nufc

Expand  Reply  Retweet  Favorite

NUFC Stats ‏@NUFC_Stats

Ben Arfa: “I regret what I did after the match against Sweden - it was impulse, I was frustrated after the game” #nufc

Expand  Reply  Retweet  Favorite

Thing is you don't even have to actually win things, you just have to convince the players that you're trying to. It's not necessarily about spending loads of money, it's about showing that you're always trying to move forwards. In trying to penny-pinch to such a degree the club thought they'd get away with doing little in the summer, and at absolute best we stood still. The fans know it, Pardew knows it, and the players evidently know it too. All we can do is cross our fingers that the money men recognise it too. If they do (and providing we don't actually go down), this season's struggles could end up being worth it in the long run. :thup:

Andy Brassell ‏@andybrassell

Very impressed by HBA; amiable but frank enough to admit he wouldn't rule out a move. Clearly loves playing in England and has put ball firmly in Ashley/Pardew's court for next season. If they want to grow, he'll stay & if not, he'll go.

Very impressed by HBA; amiable but frank enough to admit he wouldn't rule out a move. Clearly loves playing in England and has put ball firmly in Ashley/Pardew's court for next season. If they want to grow, he'll stay & if not, he'll go.

Fair enough really. He's a triffic player and doesn't deserve to be at a club that doesn't match his ambition.

Cheers.

It's actually quite heartening to hear him say that he'll press the club on their ambition.

I think it's a decent indication of how the players viewed the transfer activity in the summer. Seems clear to me that they believe this season has been negatively affected by it.

Hopefully this January will discard that negativity. Maybe this month can get the players believing again.

Cheers.

Hopefully this January will discard that negativity. Maybe this month can get the players believing again.

Yep, it's just a pity that over half this season was effectively wasted. We're almost back to square one.

Fair enough really. He's a triffic player and doesn't deserve to be at a club that doesn't match his ambition.

By the time his departure is more concrete he'll be a greedy money-grabbing mercenary who plays for himself and isn't committed to the team cause of playing diabolical football too though.

Guest VanBarduck

I think the board did enough, Rémy + Debuchy+ a couple of signing this summer , let's not be too harsh on them , hatem will not leave , in fact he had a part in our horrible season so far...