Keeper Attacks Supporter and Match Abandoned (Dutch Cup Game -AJAX/AZ)

Crumpy Gunt

Just because someone is on the floor you can't defend yourself, as someone said its not like he was knocked out so could have been up again fairly quickly. Yes the keeper still had to be restrained after but I imagine that was mainly down to shock. It's really not very easy to keep calm in the heat of a situation or instantly cool off and think logically immediately after.

For me It's similar to someone breaking into your house as in if they weren't doing it in the first place there would be no reason for them to come to harm.

It's interesting you should use that analogy, as it is quite pertinent in Dutch politics and law at the moment. There were a few incidents over the last few years where a burglar who was assaulted by the home owner went to court and some person ran over the person who robbed them with their car, as a result of which the robber later succumbed to their injuries. These incidents attracted a lot of political interest, especially from the right wing parties, with some politicians claiming that a person who was the victim of an illegal activity had the right to retaliate within certain limits without facing the risk of prosecution.

I understand the adrenaline thing and it will be the reason. And it is understandable (even though I'm anti-kicking someone when they're down).

But no matter what side your view lies...both sides are using 'blue sky' reasoning. TBF.

One thing that's not debatable...the headlines of "Keeper attacks supporter" are way off. It's clearly, and should be, "Supporter attacks keeper". Don't get that at all.

But it's nothing like someone breaking into your house. Nothing. When it's just you and them and nobody around. In that situation is full on war.

Bullshit imo.

If, just IF the keeper had walked away at once, the attacker pulled up a knife, ran and stabbed him, what would your argument be?

Things can happen in seconds, no matter where you are, and how many people are around.

Before the situation are under control, its you against the attacker no matter what.

What if he had a gun :frantic:

It's not bullshit. The keeper is a trained athlete (trained kicker to be fair) with many around him. When the guy was on the deck he was in no danger. No matter how much fear tactic IFs and BUTs you put into it. He could have put huge distances between himself and the lad before the guy even got himself up.

Obviously never been in a fight.

I'm arguing your insults even though I believe he has a right to defend himself. AND completely get the adrenaline thing.

Compare that to a home invasion. You're on your own. Nowhere to run. Nobody there to help. In fact worse...you run and you're leaving your family in trouble.

It's a completely different situation and anyone who thinks otherwise is simple not thinking.

:idiot2:

It was not meant as a insult man  :lol: (maybe i came across as a keyboard warrior there)

I agree that the situations are not comparable to a extent.

But i have seen stuff that make me think twice to give up my advantage in a fight.

But people are different.

For me its my safety first, the attacker always comes second.

What the keeper did in that situation imo is to control and neutralize the attacker until people came to aid him.

Not been to many fight, you are right. And to this day, 28 years i have never started one.

But been attacked a couple of times, sometimes i have fought them off.

Other times i have been beaten up. :okay:

To be honest...I don't care enough about this situation to get into an argument over semantics :lol:

Didn't mean the fight comment to sound condescending either. Sorry if it did. :thup:

I've been in far too many fights (far too many) but, like you, never started them. Quite proud of that. Fucking hate that side of life.

And I also (I also made this clear when expressing my opinion in each post) believe the keeper was 100% within his rights to defend himself.

Just the semantics of going too far and comparing to different situation was a worthwhile topic to get involved with :blush:

Either way...the supporter got what he should have expected and has no place for complaint.

Agreed, we end it here. O0

Merry Christmas mate