Liverpool 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 12/30/11 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Beren

Anyone got any idea why all the media are determined that our goal was an Agger og? Thought the rule was if it was going in anyway the last player on the scoring team got the credit? Got to be R Taylor, Cabaye or Ba then, surely?

This s*** only bothers me because I still hold a grudge about Shearer's 24th of the season 10 years ago being given as a Wes Brown og and Thierry Henry being given a Stuart Ripley og when his original shot was heading for the corner flag and ending up undeserved top scorer that season as a result.  :rant:

I know, I should let it go, right? I will, just as soon as everyone admits it and changes the record books.

There's no way that was a Shearer goal, like. I don't remember Henry's.

Guest bimpy474

Anyone got any idea why all the media are determined that our goal was an Agger og? Thought the rule was if it was going in anyway the last player on the scoring team got the credit? Got to be R Taylor, Cabaye or Ba then, surely?

This s*** only bothers me because I still hold a grudge about Shearer's 24th of the season 10 years ago being given as a Wes Brown og and Thierry Henry being given a Stuart Ripley og when his original shot was heading for the corner flag and ending up undeserved top scorer that season as a result.  :rant:

I know, I should let it go, right? I will, just as soon as everyone admits it and changes the record books.

There's no way that was a Shearer goal, like. I don't remember Henry's.

It was on target, i remember Andy Gray using his tv thingymebob, the line of the Shearers shot was definitely inside the post, its that argument about deflected goals, i think in Spain and or Italy deflected goals are always marked down as OG's, unless its changed lately.

Depends what filter you're talking about, N-O poster motives or local paper motives?

Doesn't matter anyway, they're quotes and you know for a fact that the the club would be quick to sue / ban the relevant publication from the ground if the quotes were misleading or inaccurate.

If you're trying to say that the press are publishing more of the bollocks than sense that comes out of Pardew's mouth then you're a bigger fan of a conspiracy theory than I am and the club aren't doing as good a propaganda job as they'd like to think they are.  Banning local journalists from the ground clearly won't work as those pesky buggers will keep finding ways to discretely discredit the regime.

Completely and utterly misunderstood what I was trying to say. The quotes are posted on N-O for a reason - they're either unusual or they serve an agenda. They don't really represent an accurate cross-section of his media quotes.

Practically everything Pardew is reported to have said is posted on here in one place or another.

Unsure whether to make a new topic for this, but i'll just stick it in here.

Just after peoples opinions on this video,with everything thats going on at the minute.

Please feel free to remove, as i'm not sure with what the crack is these days in regards to posting videos:

Snip - Same as it always was - http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,19161.0.html

Unsure whether to make a new topic for this, but i'll just stick it in here.

Just after peoples opinions on this video,with everything thats going on at the minute.

Please feel free to remove, as i'm not sure with what the crack is these days in regards to posting videos:

Snip - Same as it always was - http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,19161.0.html

the last thing on that last could have had practically everyone on here banned at one time or another.