Liverpool 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 12/30/11 - Post-match reaction from page 43

Beren

Just got back from watching the game in town. It was an absolutely frustrating performance to sum it up imo.

We did have one good spell of possession in the second half which I appreciated (unlike everyone else in the pub) and that was our only bit of good play really. Ba did his best to try and force an opening but he was left completely isolated. No striker partner and essentially no support from Vuckic cost us tbh.

Starting Vuckic in a game like this was probably a bad call imo. I can understand starting him against lesser teams like WBA, but against Liverpool, it was the wrong choice to make.

Liverpool's goals were terrible ones to concede from our point of view. No-one had Bellamy covered (good finish tbf) for the first goal; Simpson was entirely at fault for the second goal, should have left it to Krul and the third goal, Tiote picked the wrong option giving the ball back to Simpson as Danny was put instantly under pressure by the Liverpool players which led to him putting it out of play.

Had we been more adventurous (and started Ben Arfa FFS), then we might have got something from this game. Man U next then *gulp*.

Just got back from watching the game in town. It was an absolutely frustrating performance to sum it up imo.

We did have one good spell of possession in the second half which I appreciated (unlike everyone else in the pub) and that was our only bit of good play really. Ba did his best to try and force an opening but he was left completely isolated. No striker partner and essentially no support from Vuckic cost us tbh.

Starting Vuckic in a game like this was probably a bad call imo. I can understand starting him against lesser teams like WBA, but against Liverpool, it was the wrong choice to make.

Liverpool's goals were terrible ones to concede from our point of view. No-one had Bellamy covered (good finish tbf) for the first goal; Simpson was entirely at fault for the second goal, should have left it to Krul and the third goal, Tiote picked the wrong option giving the ball back to Simpson as Danny was put instantly under pressure by the Liverpool players which led to him putting it out of play.

Had we been more adventurous (and started Ben Arfa FFS), then we might have got something from this game. Man U next then *gulp*.

You've done well to sum it up, I can't.

Krul should have told him to fuck off tbf. Bellamy wasnt scoring from that far out

Agree with that, unless Bellamy pulled a free kick out the hat that he's never been able to before it was always gonna be a save/miss

Thought Tiote had his best game this season for us

Gutierrez gets the blame for 1-1 as was a stupid foul on Johnson that led to goal

Obertan I really want to give a chance to, as his pace is huge, but he's just a let down with no sign of change

Watched the game in town and I have to say, that's not the first time Tiote and Cabaye have failed to impress. I'm not saying I expected them to dominate  the game but there have been several times this season when I think, "wow, what's the fuss about them?"

Is that a fair comment to make or needlessly harsh? I'm waiting to see Cabaye's supposed quality but from what I've seen, it's in limited bursts. And Tiote's passing was - certainly far from the first time this season from what I can remember - fucking woeful.

Also, Obertan produced one of the all-round worst performances I've ever seen in the Premier League.

Watched the game in town and I have to say, that's not the first time Tiote and Cabaye have failed to impress. I'm not saying I expected them to dominate  the game but there have been several times this season when I think, "wow, what's the fuss about them?"

Is that a fair comment to make or needlessly harsh? I'm waiting to see Cabaye's supposed quality but from what I've seen, it's in limited bursts. And Tiote's passing was - certainly far from the first time this season from what I can remember - f***ing woeful.

Also, Obertan produced one of the all-round worst performances I've ever seen in the Premier League.

Cabaye and Tiote did very little, I thought that Tiote was the better of the two.  That all-round worst performance has been going on since half time against Arsenal.

Only positives from tonights shambles were Colo and Tiote didn't get booked so now free from suspension as the 5 yellow cards ban expires now.  Just hope the FA doesn't to a retro ban via video evidence after the elbow,  they shouldn't as don't think it was delibrate.

At least we managed a goal tonight but still don't understand what happens to our team when we step out on the Anfield pitch,  its been like groundhog day for the last 6 visits we just fall apart and give them soft goals aided by a generous refereeing decision somewhere along the line thrown in.

The only time we played a little bit of possession football early in the 2nd half when it was 1-1, we knocked it about and probed for a good 20 passes but while i was there clapping along and thinking this is better, lets keep the ball and take the sting out of the game etc the rest of the pub were screaming for us to get the ball into the box,  then the same people whinge that we were shite and get lumping it long.....unbelievable.

Cabaye and Tiote are getting bypassed at the minute, we just look completely shite as a whole and I hope it changes.

Cabaye's ball into Ba (where he cliped it round Reina and off the line) tonight was the kind of thing he can do when we get a hold of the game.

You say Tiote, but I lost count of the amount of times he lost possession tonight with fairly short passes. If you're relying on him to be creating something then there's something wrong. Cabaye has some quality about him, certainly, but it's not exactly been abundant from the games I've seen. I guess that can partially be explained from having to work with utter crap like Obertan. Indeed did Jonas actually do anything of note at all tonight?

LMFAO. Liverpool fans saying Bellamy was elbowed in the face and Colo should have seen red. Fucking hell, do they never stop?

I'm expecting a media witch hunt resulting in a ban for this one to be honest.

Probably, if Sammon's was reminded then theirs noway they can Colo.

Sky's commentary tonight was the most biased I've ever seen it, they might as well have just got their cocks out and showed us themselves wanting over Liverpool instead of trying to hide it.

Cabaye and Tiote are getting bypassed at the minute, we just look completely shite as a whole and I hope it changes.

Cabaye's ball into Ba (where he cliped it round Reina and off the line) tonight was the kind of thing he can do when we get a hold of the game.

You say Tiote, but I lost count of the amount of times he lost possession tonight with fairly short passes. If you're relying on him to be creating something then there's something wrong. Cabaye has some quality about him, certainly, but it's not exactly been abundant from the games I've seen. I guess that can partially be explained from having to work with utter crap like Obertan. Indeed did Jonas actually do anything of note at all tonight?

When Tiote gets crowded out he can start going a bit daft tbh, he's a differant player when we're not allowing a team to effectively press us constantly for the majority of the 90 minutes. It is a flaw of his though.

Cabaye has shown his quality, some of his passing is excelent and with reletive ease. There has been a fair few games where he hasn't been able to offer much other than his work rate and 'bite' though, which hasn't always entirely been his fault I would guess. But as you say, the praise is a bit strong at times, especialy when people are pinning him as one of the players of the season so far etc.

LMFAO. Liverpool fans saying Bellamy was elbowed in the face and Colo should have seen red. f***ing hell, do they never stop?

I'm expecting a media witch hunt resulting in a ban for this one to be honest.

:sadnod:

Fucking despise loosing to these cunts more so than fergie and co.  And with fat cunt refusing to dip his hand in his pocket for a striker when Ba goes, we're fucked if we're wanting to progress.

Things will never change with this lot.

Obertan disappeared because Jose had him in his back pocket the whole time he was on the pitch. I really felt that Jose ENrique and Bellamy were the difference between the sides. Because of Enrique we were limited in moving forward and Bellamy brought the difference in effort and passion on the pitch. The moment of the night was Bellamy almost doing in his ACL clearing our shot off the line.

Aside from that there was not a whole lot of difference between the sides and there seems to be quite a lot of hyperbole going round. Ba is clearly better than Carroll and for how much stick Cabaye has been getting he was better than Adam during this game.