Revista De La Liga.

Optimistic Nut

Some interesting stuff on it tonight. Firstly, they showed some of the great overhead kicks from La Liga over the years to compare with Ronaldinho's. Who should be one of the 5? Our very own Bertie.

Also, talking about Chelsea's interest in David Villa, the Spanish journalist said Newcastle also had "spies" looking at him...although I'd say it's more likely they'd have been watching David Navarro.

Some interesting stuff on it tonight. Firstly, they showed some of the great overhead kicks from La Liga over the years to compare with Ronaldinho's. Who should be one of the 5? Our very own Bertie.

Didn't see it, but I'm sure the best ever overhead kick was Rivaldo's against Valencia in the last minute to complete his hat trick AND get Barca qualified for the champions league.

Navarro is a decent defender, just about copes in Spain. Don't think for a minute he'd take to the premiership.

Huge gamble.

Not one we can afford, and not particularly worth it in terms of his skill in his current suited division.

£3-4m for that? No thanks.

We can find better.

Guest theunis

THink we need tried and tested Prem material in defender, we cant go on the gamble again. But i have faith in Rouder after Sibi's arival

Guest BillyRay Valentine

Didn't see it, but I'm sure the best ever overhead kick was Rivaldo's against Valencia in the last minute to complete his hat trick AND get Barca qualified for the champions league.

definately - used to worship the ground rivaldo walked on, right up until he pulled that stupid shit against turkey in the 2002 world cup - a piece of football died that day *sniff*

the Spanish journalist said Newcastle also had "spies" looking at him...although I'd say it's more likely they'd have been watching David Navarro.

What are you basing the interest in Navarro on? The fact that we have been RUMOURED to be looking at him by some tabloids.

I'd take the Spanish journo's word on Villa.

the Spanish journalist said Newcastle also had "spies" looking at him...although I'd say it's more likely they'd have been watching David Navarro.

What are you basing the interest in Navarro on? The fact that we have been RUMOURED to be looking at him by some tabloids.

I'd take the Spanish journo's word on Villa.

More chance of me playing upfront for the Toon than David Villa tbh

definately - used to worship the ground rivaldo walked on, right up until he pulled that stupid shit against turkey in the 2002 world cup - a piece of football died that day *sniff*

Yeah it was the same for me until that Turkey incident. Can't stand the prick now

Yeah it was the same for me until that Turkey incident. Can't stand the prick now

He's still the one of the best footballers ever.

The Turkey incident was repugnant [and quite funny: couldn't stand that Turkey team - was just desserts IMO] but he didn't need to do that. His game had EVERYTHING. He could do a Gerrard-Hollywood-ball 100 times out of 100. He did it against Liverpool on numerous occasions in fact.

I can't recall outright, a more entertaining player.

Guest dasflenst

Loved it when Guilleme Ballague (Spanish Journalist) was asked whether the Nou Camp was the best stadium in the world.  He didn't agree and without really saying so, he implied it was shit (fans, stadium, view etc etc).  Not surprising, with him being a hardcore Espanyol fan!!!  Probably a bit bitter! 

Guest Village Idiot

Loved it when Guilleme Ballague (Spanish Journalist) was asked whether the Nou Camp was the best stadium in the world.  He didn't agree and without really saying so, he implied it was shit (fans, stadium, view etc etc).  Not surprising, with him being a hardcore Espanyol fan!!!  Probably a bit bitter! 

Camp Nou is old (built in 1957), and it shows. Now, out in the terraces it's truely breathtaking, due to the sheer size and ambience, but the interiors are old and shitty looking. The intention is to refurnish and expand it in a few years, but we need to raise the money first.