The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Rooney tends to have his better games when he has Welbeck/Hernandez doing the finisher role alongside him. Not really sure what's happened to Rooney. Seems to be stuck between being a guy who'll lead the line and someone who wants to drop and be the creator. Saying that he still has a fair few goals this season.

Guest bimpy474

I bagsy the 31mins for Youngs most despicable dive.

34mins for Duff's usual fall over when running near the oppos box.

Flatter than Ally McBeals tits this game so far.

Proper dislike it when you can hear groups of kids singing too. Screams England under 21 game.

Didn't she have a massive mouth? probably could fit a few cocks in there.

Big lips. In a good way.

Renee had chebs enough for the pair of 'em :megusta:

reminds me of midweek games against mid-table fodder under Robson.  You'd turn up, expecting to win but the atmosphere would be flat as f*** (usually 'cos the away team would bring no-one), the football wouldn't be particularly pretty (in part due to the opposition putting 11 men behind the ball) and you'd be sat freezing your tits off.

Guest bimpy474

Flatter than Ally McBeals tits this game so far.

Proper dislike it when you can hear groups of kids singing too. Screams England under 21 game.

Didn't she have a massive mouth? probably could fit a few cocks in there.

Big lips. In a good way.

Renee had chebs enough for the pair of 'em :megusta:

Shame that bird went proper mental, Arthur Fowler mental...tbh

The difference without Scholes is so stark.

:thup: this season will have done wonders for his long-term standing in the game, he was criminally underrated before he retired/came back. Even now, people are still missing the point when it comes to him.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Rooney's movement off the ball is pretty basic compared to a true forward. Drops deep to get the ball. Powers forward on the counter attack. Anywhere in between and he's not really offering much in terms of creating space for others. Just stands there like the World Cup games.

That play there. Standing in the middle right next to Welbeck.

The difference without Scholes is so stark.

:thup: this season will have done wonders for his long-term standing in the game, he was criminally underrated before he retired/came back. Even now, people are still missing the point when it comes to him.

I agree with that. Edgar Davids once called him the best midfielder in the world IIRC. My knowledge of world football/different leagues wasn't as good as it is now, but from what I could see - it was true.

Rooney's movement off the ball is pretty basic compared to a true forward. Drops deep to get the ball. Powers forward on the counter attack. Anywhere in between and he's not really offering much in terms of creating space for others. Just stands there like the World Cup games.

I always worry this is an arrogance thing with players that know they have 'made it'. Always feel you see more movement when a player has a point to prove. When they are arrogant and established it's as if they feel they are too good to be moving for everyone else, as if everyone else should move for them.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I always worry this is an arrogance thing with players that know they have 'made it'. Always feel you see more movement when a player has a point to prove. When they are arrogant and established it's as if they feel they are too good to be moving for everyone else, as if everyone else should move for them.

When he drops deep its not a timed run into space to get the ball. Its just him walking deep into the middle where he'll wait for the ball. Drags no one with him. Compare his movement to Welbeck or Hernandez and its pretty poor.