NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest samich

Kalou would be a great buy, has a great pace. Under rated footballer, although he's 27 now isn't he? One of those footballers who never really established himself.

Guest bimpy474

What's meh about it? If we are signing Kalou to re-inforce the squad to give us more forward options and not to replace anyone i would be fine with it.

Mind you it is Talkshite so its probably a load of bullocks.

The "Meh" was aimed at Talksort mate, such is the bollocks they come out with.

My opinion of Kalou ? : Meh :D

Guest bimpy474

Kalou's alright but if he thinks he isn't a starter then i dont think he would come here, also at his age and wage i cant see us bothering with him as a back up.

I'd be surprised if we got kalou! He's still a decent age and been an decent player for Chelsea (back up/rotation) for years now, if he did come here it'd be to play and not back up anyone.

Not saying he's my choice but judging on some posts ud think he was as shit as heskey or gok won at Sunderland

I always thought that Kalou was shite in Chelsea but he could be interesting. He was considered top talent as yougster but the move to Chelsea was mistake (lots of trophies and bags of money but for him as a player) as he was too young and could never establish himself as a starter. Would be interesting to see if he could fulfill his talent better with more time on the pitch. Also the memory of Duff is frightening but I think he's too young to be compared to that cunt. I wouldn't be either thrilled or disappointed if we got him.

Whilst I can understand the reasons for bringing Kalou in (can chip in with goals, is decent enough in a front 3, can be good backup), it would be quite an underwhelming signing. Has always seemed to be an above average player to me.

Guest Kevlaar

Always being under whelmed by Kalou - cb and fb first for me

Debauchy and Pieters would be ideal i reckon. Would give mean we'd have plenty cover accross back four

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm sure we were linked with Kalou when Sir Bobby was manager and we missed out despite having him scouted etc. He's a decent player in my opoinion and able to play a number of roles. He's quite tricky in terms of his feet and can finish well enough. On a free, with reasonable wages, he'd represent a good signing for any side really.

Kalou is a hardworker but is just a bit meh for me, scores less than he should, always seemed a very poor finisher for me, may be an upgrade on obertan but that's not saying much and would surely have higher wage demands than better players who haven't been just about alright for chelsea for years.

We've got younger players who need the game time ideally. Rather take the risk on them being special than Kalou being Kalou (whatever that is) for the next 4 years.

That's the thing, I don't know if I want Kalou to start for us but seems pointless if we give him similar minutes as he got in Chelsea.

Dont think we need Debuchy and Pieters tbh, just one of them will do.

someone saying we are after both ?

Nah, just responding to a comment above.

oh right, thought i'd missed out on something.

Although the transfer window is not yet officially begun, the European clubs are on the starting blocks. Seeing the growing competition from Inter Milan, Newcastle has decided to move up a gear on the back of the rear-right Lille, Mathieu Debuchy.

Disturbed by the attack that will launch the Inter Milan, the M & gpies have no time to lose. They go up a gear and floor seriously decide on the case of "Frenchy". The 26 years is a priority of the club and its coach, Alan Pardew and is sponsored by his friend Yohan Cabaye within the club. Accelerated tempo from the English, motivated by the fact that they might part with Danny Simpson, who holds the position of right back. Coincidence? The fifth in the Premier League moves to the concrete phase of operations.

Newcastle is recruiting!

Furthermore Mathieu Debuchy, the English leaders also have some names of players in the viewfinder. The Roman Danzé Rennes, versatile player, one of them. The Ghanaian international, Daniel Opare, is also one of the names circulating in Newcastle. The defender currently plays right into the club Standard Liege. Apparently, recruiting defensive, it is now for the Magpies!