NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Pardew never said it was a political bid by us.  It would help if people read what he actually said and the context.

The context is, it seems the club knew Liverpool weren't going to sell him to us a month ago and the whole stuff going on from that has been a smokescreen to keep the fans happy by apparently look like we were interested in him still.

That's pretty much undiluted crap.

Pardew never said it was a political bid by us.  It would help if people read what he actually said and the context.

The context is, it seems the club knew Liverpool weren't going to sell him to us a month ago and the whole stuff going on from that has been a smokescreen to keep the fans happy by apparently look like we were interested in him still.

I'm sorry Nessy, but I really don't think that's what it actually means.

Guest neesy111

Mate, you are literally the most negative person I've ever come across. You literally try to see the worst in every situation. Why is that? :lol:

Jog on.

I think he meant it was politically sensitive, i.e. Liverpool would be embarrassed if they sold him back to us for a big discount.

Thats fair enough Ian, it is open to debate how you interpret the comments. I'm just fed up this morning. I actually think it was the "we will look at if we need to bring someone in now Raylor's injured".

If, its just insulting to our intelligence to suggest its an if.

Nothing about his quotes suggest anything other than what people have said many times above, it was politically damaging for Liverpool to sell to us. It's nothing to do with the wider transfer situation really.

Guest bimpy474

Read above "a politcal move by us"

Read above, he didnt say that :lol:

Yes he did.

Mate, you are literally the most negative person I've ever come across. You literally try to see the worst in every situation. Why is that? :lol:

Jog on.

With hope in your heart. YNJA

That's pretty much undiluted saturated crap.

Guest Roger Kint

Yes he did.

He really didnt at all. Your quote was much longer, in a different order and had a different meaning. Other than that you are right though

Guest bimpy474

I think he meant it was politically sensitive, i.e. Liverpool would be embarrassed if they sold him back to us for a big discount.

Thats fair enough Ian, it is open to debate how you interpret the comments. I'm just fed up this morning. I actually think it was the "we will look at if we need to bring someone in now Raylor's injured".

If, its just insulting to our intelligence to suggest its an if.

Nothing about his quotes suggest anything other than what people have said many times above, it was politically damaging for Liverpool to sell to us. It's nothing to do with the wider transfer situation really.

Again its open to interpretation but i see the point. Just very fed up when a chance to kick on is right there.

Guest Roger Kint

Does he not mean the move of Carroll back to Newcastle would be 'political' because it would make Liverpool look like fucking idiots more so than selling to anyone else?

Thats how everyone other than Bimpy/Neesy sees it yeah.

Guest neesy111

It's been clear for weeks Liverpool were never ever going to allow Carroll back to us.

1) To Save Face.

2) They consider us a rival to them now clearly.

Guest bimpy474

Yes he did.

He really didnt at all. Your quote was much longer, in a different order and had a different meaning. Other than that you are right though

I know i put it wrong to begin with, ignore me mate i'm just fed up and grumpy this morning.

Does he not mean the move of Carroll back to Newcastle would be 'political' because it would make Liverpool look like fucking idiots more so than selling to anyone else?

Feel a bit sad not being able to do the Cage meme here :(

Guest bimpy474

How very arrogant of you. But thanks for the input.

Guest Brazilianbob

Wouldnt be surprised if we cash in on Tiote next year as he will be 27 going on 28?, but only if Bigi continues to perform.....but that will be good business as far as I am concerned.  If we can get say £25m for Tiote, then Bigi will be his ready made replacement.  I make that a cool £20.5m profit with a younger version of the same player already in situ, and that profit can be used to bring in yet more young players so they can be groomed to replace other senior players who can be sold at a vast profit,  because we already have their replacements in situ, and thus generating even more funds to take the club up to the next level.  I think we will find it a refreshing change to not have to make panic buys to replace star players that have been sold because of an Andy Carrol type offer!

Guest Roger Kint

Yes he did.

I know it put it wrong to begin with, ignore me mate i'm just fed up and grumpy this morning.

Its ok, i know you arent usually grumpy. Pretty glad i have a shit party to attend tonight so wont see the real fallout on here later :lol:

Wouldnt be surprised if we cash in on Tiote next year as he will be 27 going on 28?, but only if Bigi continues to perform.....but that will be good business as far as I am concerned.  If we can get say £25m for Tiote, then Bigi will be his ready made replacement.  I make that a cool £20.5m profit with a younger version of the same player already in situ, and that profit can be used to bring in yet more young players so they can be groomed to replace other senior players who can be sold at a vast profit,  because we already have their replacements in situ, and thus generating even more funds to take the club up to the next level.  I think we will find it a refreshing change to not have to make panic buys to replace star players that have been sold because of an Andy Carrol type offer!

Tioté's contract runs until 2017. No rush to cash in. He's 26 btw.

Guest Roger Kint

Its arrogant to say that only two people discussing it in this thread think one thing and the rest think the other? Deary me :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Yes he did.

I know it put it wrong to begin with, ignore me mate i'm just fed up and grumpy this morning.

Its ok, i know you arent usually grumpy. Pretty glad i have a shit party to attend tonight so wont see the real fallout on here later :lol:

I'm stuck at home blubbling away, usually work on the transfer windows. I might just go to bed for the rest of the day.

Guest bimpy474

Its arrogant to say that only two people discussing it in this thread think one thing and the rest think the other? Deary me :lol:

Dismissive then ?. Just because Nessy and i see the comments different doesn't mean we are wrong does it. Doesn't meant we are right either. The same applies to you too doesn't it ?.

Only person who knows how he meant it was Pardew. We are all just guessing at what we think he meant.

Guest neesy111

Remember that talk in at the end of last season when Pardew said he wanted a 8 goal a season defender.  Where is he?

Guest bimpy474

Remember that talk in at the end of last season when Pardew said he wanted a 8 goal a season defender.  Where is he?

I dont blame him for that, thats down to transfers and the board allowing them, tbf to Pards