NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

Better news for #nufc: my understanding is agent of Moussa Sissoko on Tyneside today. Also represents a striker by the name of Cheick Diabate (Bordeaux). Not sure if they're looking at pre-contract for summer or not. Over-shadowed by Colo news obv.

Pre contract for the summer won't help anyone.

Except us, after the summer.

:lol:

Have we just entered a parrallel universe in 2013 where sunderland can attract decent players and our best ones just all of a sudden want out.

Bring me good news because this year has been really disheartening and the fucker has only just started

They are not signing Moussa Sissoko ffs :lol:

I never thought they'd get Sessegnon tbf.

Don't think I did either, but I'd say he was just about damaged enough to give Sunderland a shot. Problems with manager/not playing/being a cunt. Moussa is younger, comes with a cleaner slate, is cheaper, and probably better.

I can't see it what so ever.

David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan

I've said before here that Ben Arfa and Cabaye's word of mouth has been important to #nufc recruitment success

47s David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan

#Lequipe quotes an 'intermediary' as saying #nufc looking for players for now and summer, saying they want ten lads born between 91 and 93

1m David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan

And no I'm not going to comment on all of those. Life's too short and I've got to foucs on Troyes-Lyon commentary.

2m David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan

Here's a list of players #Lequipe suggests #nufc are interested in: Rémy, Gomis, Haïdara, Thauvin, Isimat-Mirin, Erding, Imbulla

2m David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan

Says #nufc have taken up residence in W hotel by Opéra in Paris where they're meeting agents/club directors

3m David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan

#LEquipe article on #nufc buying in France, treating Ligue 1 like Aldi or Lidl pic.twitter.com/ZKhnuNWj

Ten. :mackems:

It doesn't make sense on any level.

Us buying 10 players? :lol:

The 10 players all being in an age group where they should be pushing for first team football? :lol:

If it was 10 players with no age limit I could sort of believe we were bringing one or two first teams then filling the youth/development squads but that would be players a lot younger.

Ten kids for the development squad is it not? To boost up the second level of players?

1991-1993 would make them 21-19. Not really development kids.

Perhaps the goalposts have been moved a little due to the younger kids not being up to it?

Whichever way you look at it, it makes sense to spend £4m-£5m on kids with potential in the hope that one or two make it through the ranks. It's classic Ashley tbqh, sprat to catch a mackerel, type stuff.

Ten kids for the development squad is it not? To boost up the second level of players?

Perhaps the goalposts have been moved a little due to the younger kids not being up to it?

Whichever way you look at it, it makes sense to spend £4m-£5m on kids with potential in the hope that one or two make it through the ranks. It's classic Ashley tbqh, sprat to catch a mackerel, type stuff.

Spending £40-50m on 10 players in the hope 2 of them make it is very un-Ashley like.

Spending £40-50m on 10 players in the hope 2 of them make it is very un-Ashley like.

:lol: £4-£5m.

Ashley wouldn't spend £40m on players if our whole squad committed mass suicide off Beachy Head.

Ashley wouldn't spend £40m on players if our whole squad committed mass suicide off Beachy Head.

Well I don't think he's going to get 10 players in that age range for a combined £4-5m. No chance.

I'd say that's exactly the sort of age you'd want playing in the development squad/under 21s

Well I don't think he's going to get 10 players in that age range for a combined £4-5m. No chance.

Bigi was only £1m from an English Club. I'd say he'd pick up decent players for around £400k-£500k with the various add clauses etc etc.

Many French clubs are struggling for cash.

I'd say that's exactly the sort of age you'd want playing in the development squad/under 21s

At 21 you should be ready for first team football.

In the Premier League? Not necessarily. Foreign kids at 19 years old will definitely be brought in as development squad players.

Amalfitano is 23.

In the Premier League? Not necessarily. Foreign kids at 19 years old will definitely be brought in as development squad players.

Amalfitano is 23.

And he should be in the first team picture. The fact he isn't worries me that there's something wrong with him.

He's come over from the French second division. He won't be anything close to being physically ready. Most youngsters we bring in will be exactly the same.

Look at Abeid. I'm fairly sure he's twice as bulky now as he was when he joined.