NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest Roger Kint

I'll be amazed if Cissoko ends up here.

What about Sissoko?  :fishing:

Well that would be slightly less amazing but still a major shock :lol:

:lol: Cant see it at all this window like. Would say we have a decent chance on a free given that his agent was here on Friday though, surely there was a general discussion on wages before he got on the flight so we must have been appealing to him.

:lol: Cant see it at all this window like. Would say we have a decent chance on a free given that his agent was here on Friday though, surely there was a general discussion on wages before he got on the flight so we must have been appealing to him.

I just don't see it as one of our crucial areas where we need strengthening, we already have lots of central midfielders, although admittedly none are really box to box types. Maybe with him coming to the end of his contract (?) it's the sort of deal that appeals to Mike Ashley.

Guest Roger Kint

I just don't see it as one of our crucial areas where we need strengthening, we already have lots of central midfielders, although admittedly none are really box to box types. Maybe with him coming to the end of his contract (?) it's the sort of deal that appeals to Mike Ashley.

If he can get £10m for Tiote, which he will no doubt think he could now the ACN has pissed off for 2 years then he could see it as a great deal. I know i would too just on the yellow card count :lol:

You said that about Debuchy, and Remy.

No I didn't.

I'll be amazed if Debuchy and Remy end up here.

Is that an actual quote or did you just doctor it? I tried clicking on the link but it just led to the Sissoko comment.

We could do with some genuine goal scorers. Cisse is the only regular goal scorer in the team and even he hasn't been doing that this season. Shola is an irregular goal scorer who can't be relied upon for a goal. Ben Arfa and Cabaye are probably our next best bet for a goal after Cisse and they don't tend to score that many a season. Someone who can take a decent free kick/set piece would also be good. We know we are no threat from set pieces and our free kicks rarely lead to a goal. Hopefully Remy will hit the ground running and score plenty of goals. We need some height too. On average, we must have one of the shortest teams in the Premiership. Height is not a problem for Barcelona but it is for us.

I'd like a decent winger. Maybe Remy will play that role. When Ben Arfa plays he gets man marked by two players. That wouldn't be such a problem if the other wing provided a threat. It goes without saying we need at least one centre back and another striker (not including Remy).

Do we want Sissokho or M'Vila?  I we get Remy I actually believe one of them will come here. M'Vila seems the better player alround but if 3.5m is true that is a snip for sissokho.

Desperately need a decent cb regardless of Colo staying/leaving. Youngling won't do unless they can fit in immediately. They don't need that kind of pressure either.

Do we want Sissokho or M'Vila?  I we get Remy I actually believe one of them will come here. M'Vila seems the better player alround but if 3.5m is true that is a snip for sissokho.

Desperately need a decent cb regardless of Colo staying/leaving. Youngling won't do unless they can fit in immediately. They don't need that kind of pressure either.

Sell Tiote and get both?  O0

Sell Tiote and get both?  O0

Poor Tiotes.... But definitely!

From watching the match so far I'd quite like us to look into signing Bong. Seems to be really good at running up and down the pitch and quite a powerful runner too. Could be a bit suspect positionally but good competition for Santon and at times if Debuchy ever gets injured or suspended Santon could be shifted to the right. No doubt it won't happen though as that would mean we'd start building a squad.