NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130112/newcastle-boss-wants-sign-striker-189130

Pardew said: "It is pretty obvious that we need another striker."

Newcastle drew 0-0 at Norwich but the Magpies boss felt they had no alternatives in attack at Carrow Road.

Pardew added: "We didn't really have the chance to mix it up or an option so we had to stick to the game plan that we had at the start of the game.

"They [Norwich] could bring on Grant Holt to change the game plan a bit but we don’t have that luxury. So we need to recruit in the next couple of weeks."

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/130112/newcastle-boss-wants-sign-striker-189130

Pardew said: "It is pretty obvious that we need another striker."

Newcastle drew 0-0 at Norwich but the Magpies boss felt they had no alternatives in attack at Carrow Road.

Pardew added: "We didn't really have the chance to mix it up or an option so we had to stick to the game plan that we had at the start of the game.

"They [Norwich] could bring on Grant Holt to change the game plan a bit but we don’t have that luxury. So we need to recruit in the next couple of weeks."

So he's basically admitting it was a plan to smash the ball at cisse :lol:

'Grant Holt....Luxury' NUFC manager 2013

Part of me just died.

I dont think he meant grant holt was a luxury player, more it was a luxury over us as they had another striker on the bench.

Part of me just died.

I dont think he meant grant holt was a luxury player, more it was a luxury over us as they had another striker on the bench.

Woooah those type of comments aren't allowed.

Guest bimpy474

Part of me just died.

As much as i hate Pardew this is correct tbf.

Part of me just died.

Lies, Ranger was on the bench.

Guest bimpy474

Part of me just died.

Well yes, not sure that would be classed as a luxury though :lol:

Part of me just died.

Hes like a luxury fish pie from Iceland, in sale items.

Guest bimpy474

Part of me just died.

Hes like a luxury fish pie from Iceland, in sale items.

I shop at Iceland's  :okay:

Newcastle United looking at "three or four" players

By Barney Corkhill, Reporter

Filed: Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 20:34 UK

Last Updated: Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 20:36 UK

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has revealed that the club are looking at bringing in "three or four" more players during the January transfer window.

The Magpies have already brought in Mathieu Debuchy this month, while Marseille striker Loic Remy is also thought to be on Pardew's radar following the sale of top scorer Demba Ba.

Pardew revealed that they have set their sights on a few players already, and hinted that any deals are progressing nicely.

"We are pursuing three or four players and they all seem to be warming up a bit. We need a bigger pool of players," said Pardew.

Newcastle's 0-0 draw with Norwich City this afternoon leaves them 16th in the Premier League table, just two points clear of the relegation zone.

I know the source maybe shit, but he has a quote.  Thought he said 1-2 previously.

He was saying bringing a player of Grant Holt's quality off the bench is a luxury (he doesn't have) no two ways about it FFS.  :lol:

Comments come a season after finishing 5th.  :fool:

I'm not having a go at him, more the situation the club is in.

He was saying bringing a player of Grant Holt's quality off the bench is a luxury (he doesn't have) no two ways about it FFS.  :lol:

Surely he just meant they had someone of similar standard to what they had on the pitch to come on....we had Ranger?

Was he not just refering to Holts quality in relation to Norwich's squad of players? Hence they had a good option to change things.

Surely he just meant they had someone of similar standard to what they had on the pitch to come on....we had Ranger?

Partially, he's having a pop at the strength of our squad.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-scout-10-rated-pierre-emerick-aubameyang-1531286

Newcastle's search for Demba Ba’s replacement saw them check out St. Etienne’s £10m-rated striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang on Friday night.

Magpies representatives watched the Gabon striker as St. Etienne drew 2-2 at home with Toulouse. The visitors had ­another Toon target, midfielder Moussa Sissoko, in their line-up.

Neither Aubameyang nor Sissoko scored but both were involved in the build-up to goals.

The Toon are also checking out 20-year-old ­Danish international centre-half Jores Okore, who plays for Nordsjaelland in the Danish Superliga.

Okore, who has four Danish caps, is valued at £4.5m.

Meanwhile, Newcastle are ­reluctant to hand wantaway skipper Fabricio Coloccini a cheap passage back to Argentina after investing more than £25million on him.