NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore

Looks like another steal by the Toon! Vernon Anita,can play RB/MF,saw him for Ajax v United.Boy can play!

Obviously wasn't paying that much attention.

He's right footed so he could've played there. Still doubt there's any truth in it.

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore

Looks like another steal by the Toon! Vernon Anita,can play RB/MF,saw him for Ajax v United.Boy can play!

Obviously wasn't paying that much attention.

He's right footed so he could've played there. Still doubt there's any truth in it.

Aye he did. Doh, still plays LB mostly though doesn't he?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7804785/

Newcastle have made a bid for Ajax midfielder Vurnon Anita, according to the player's agent.

The 23-year-old has established himself as a key member of the Ajax side and helped Frank De Boer's side win the Dutch title this season.

Magpies boss Alan Pardew is believed to have watched Anita in action on several occasions and the player's representative, Harry Lulofs, claims Newcastle have tabled an offer to Ajax for the defensive midfielder.

Lulofs also revealed former Norwich boss Paul Lambert was keen on Anita and has hinted he could move for him now he has switched to Aston Villa.

"Ajax are very satisfied with the guy [Anita] and want to keep him, but Newcastle have been watching him for a long time and really want to sign him," Lulofs is quoted as saying in The People.

"This is the first offer Ajax have received for Vurnon and we'll soon see how they react."

"The only other Premier League club to get in touch was Norwich. Paul Lambert called me to ask about him.

"Now he has moved to Aston Villa so maybe they will be in touch. I don't know."

Guest bimpy474

But all these stories that have come up, arent they all because of the NUFC Fans blog claiming the agent told them ?

If so then it go to show its so easy to start a rumour and watch so called legit sites/papers just lazily put them out as fact.

I like the sound of this signing if it's true.

Full-back option and gives us the chance to play an extra defensive midfielder in games - or just backup there when Tioté at ACoN.

Yup!

Guest bimpy474

Maybe the agent did tell them and it has been verified?

Exactly, all the stories and reports so far are just repeating what the blog claimed, not one direct quote to a more creditable source.

Guest bimpy474

According to the Sky website his agent has been gobbing off to The People.

Which has just quoted what they read and what we posted (the NUFC Blog story) on here, passed it off as their own.

Full-back option and gives us the chance to play an extra defensive midfielder in games - or just backup there when Tioté at ACoN.

Yup!

He's Dutch too, which should mean that being versatile actually means versatile - and not just too shit to hold down one position.

Yup!

Same here but it has this not just appeared everywhere due to the quotes that NUFC fans made up?

Which has just quoted what they read and what we posted (the NUFC Blog story) on here, passed it off as their own.

I remember reading somewhere that the club is targeting versatile players, as it is more valuable to the squad. It therefore makes sense that we would be after him. Also Pardew went to quite a few Ajax games this season, supposedly scouting Vertonghen. However it may have been Anita they were watching all along.

Guest bimpy474

I remember reading somewhere that the club is targeting versatile players, as it is more valuable to the squad. It therefore makes sense that we would be after him. Also Pardew went to quite a few Ajax games this season, supposedly scouting Vertonghen. However it may have been Anita they were watching all along.

Dont get me wrong, he's the type of player we are targetting and need tbf, but i've just looked at nearly all the paper/internet stories i could find. Every single one has the line "his agent claims".

Exactly as the fans blog site claimed, i cant find one direct quote other than what the blog is claiming.

Dont get me wrong, he's the type of player we are targetting and need tbf, but i've just looked at nearly all the paper/internet stories i could find. Every single one has the line "his agent claims".

Exactly as the fans blog site claimed, i cant find one direct quote other than what the blog is claiming.

I agree. Its a possibility that it is true and thats where its at at the moment.