NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Looks like the deal prolly wont go trough either..

Vurnon Anita's agent regarding Newcastle bid: "The bid is too low. "I understand that Ajax has rejected this" says Harry Lulofs #nufc #Ajax

Dont feel like Mike is the guy to stretch himself :)

Pretty much confirms we're in for him if you ask me.

On the other hand, if we do sell Tiote, we won't have spend the rest of the summer wondering if we will replace him.

Its not that I want to be negative, just that I see it as the most likely outcome. Both Man Utd and Chelsea have been linked to him, the signs aren't good.

I'm pretty sure Tiote will stay. Man U can't afford him.  Chelsea have enough physical presence in the midfield. They need flair, creativity and speed. To utilize HBA most efficiently I think Pards will go for a 4-3-3 formation next season. Anita will play together with Tiote, he's not his replacement.

What?  :lol:

Tiote is valued in the £20 mill bracket and we don't need to sell. SAF just said he won't pay £20 mill for Tiote.  I don't think that's because he suddenly doesn't fancy expensive players (he's bought plenty of them previously), but because  he's now under more financial restraint than before.  Their debt is around £420 mill, and unlike us they have to pay interest. When that interest could be as high as 16%, money disappears quickly, despite inreased income.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2145794/Manchester-United-net-debt-rises-26m.html

Manchester United are bracing themselves for a new supporter backlash after their latest accounts revealed they lost £71million to financial obligations imposed by owners the Glazers over the last nine months.

While United's accounts say gross debt has dropped by £61.2m from £484.5m to £423.3m - a 12.6 per cent reduction - this is countered by the club's cash reserves falling from £113m to £25.6m, a reduction of £87.4m.

In short, this means United are £26m worse off than 12 months ago.

A 5.8 per cent fall in total revenue - from £75.2m to £70.8m - reflects United's exit from the Champions League at the group stage and an early defeat in the FA Cup.

http://aggbot.com/Newcastle-United-News/article/17048503

Anita is a highly-rated left-back, who has also made a number of Eredivisie appearances as a defensive midfielder.

Anita is one of the leading candidates for the left-back berth, with Davide Santon set to switch between both positions next season.

Lol, where to they get this s*** from?

He was removed from LB since he was better in DM from what i have heard?

Have now basically switched off from any transfer talk, both in's and out's. There is so much bullshit being written on a daily basis that I've chosen not to believe any of it.

If it happens then it happens, think we'll be ok on Sept 1st.

ok...seen you then....

Looks like the deal prolly wont go trough either..

Vurnon Anita's agent regarding Newcastle bid: "The bid is too low. "I understand that Ajax has rejected this" says Harry Lulofs #nufc #Ajax

Dont feel like Mike is the guy to stretch himself :)

Agent is spouting off way too much. Which generally isnt how we operate. I smell bullshit.

Agree. It is rare that our signings are picked up on in the media

Not all agents spout crap tbf. Remember two summers ago when Arevalo's agent was quoted in Uruguayan press saying he'd held talks with us but signing depended on whether we got "the Ivorian player". This was a few days before Tiote was properly linked to us.

So having read recent articles, I wonder if this summer is the next stage of Ashley trusting our setup and loving football again.

Upon promotion, there was the statement about spending a minimal outlay. For 18 months our spending was very modest - receiving far more than we spent.

Then we spent £9m on Cisse and gave Coloccini - despite age & wage - a long term deal. Two examples of being flexible with the usual policy. Is the next stage of Ashley's trust to now have a good summer spree to really push on?

I understand rumours are just rumours, but there are indications that we could have a positive summer. A rare spurt of optimism.

So having read recent articles, I wonder if this summer is the next stage of Ashley trusting our setup and loving football again.

Upon promotion, there was the statement about spending a minimal outlay. For 18 months our spending was very modest - receiving far more than we spent.

Then we spent £9m on Cisse and gave Coloccini - despite age & wage - a long term deal. Two examples of being flexible with the usual policy. Is the next stage of Ashley's trust to now have a good summer spree to really push on?

I understand rumours are just rumours, but there are indications that we could have a positive summer. A rare spurt of optimism.

I've been thinking this for a while, but stopped myself really believing it. I'm not sure, but hopefully we're in for a decent summer.

I'm probably going to get shot down for saying this but I think people place too much emphasis on us being a selling club.

No one would have turned down £35million for Carlol, Enrique wanted to leave, Nolan wanted a long contract when his legs had

already gone, and Barton is an absolute clown.

We have obviously been hesitant to sign new players at times, ie a striker last summer and a CB in January, but I think the way

the media go on like we'd accept the first bid to come in for Tiote, Krul, Cabaye etc is just a load of shit. If they did go they'll go

for big money, and I have faith in our scouting system to be able to replace them.

Or maybe i'm living in dreamland  :smitten:

Guest MrSundlofer

French site saying Carr's at match today to watch Debuchy again. Also says we've got Reveillere and Ebondo as contingency plans.

Not very likely though. He's 33 in November.

Even if we do lose someone I have faith we will get the right replacements in even if it takes a while. At least we don't panic buy anymore. I just hope if tiote or ba do go that its sooner rather than later to give us a good chance to build. Unfortunately we have to accept that if man u, man city, arsenal n Chelsea come knocking players will want to leave. We can only hope that the contingency is in place and we get top money for outgoing players. Ultimately for us to grow and build a squad not just first 11 that players will have to be sold and maybe bring in 2 players for that money. The players brought in may not be as good individually but may improve the squad overall

I'm probably going to get shot down for saying this but I think people place too much emphasis on us being a selling club.

No one would have turned down £35million for Carlol, Enrique wanted to leave, Nolan wanted a long contract when his legs had

already gone, and Barton is an absolute clown.

We have obviously been hesitant to sign new players at times, ie a striker last summer and a CB in January, but I think the way

the media go on like we'd accept the first bid to come in for Tiote, Krul, Cabaye etc is just a load of s***. If they did go they'll go

for big money, and I have faith in our scouting system to be able to replace them.

Or maybe i'm living in dreamland  :smitten:

Couldn't of put it better myself... The amount of times I've said exactly the same to friends, family and fellow fans doesn't bare thinking about... I think due to AP and DL's quite open and honest approach about our current standing in the footballing food chain leads too many of our fans to think players will be sold when any old bid is received... 

http://aggbot.com/Newcastle-United-News/article/17048503

Anita is a highly-rated left-back, who has also made a number of Eredivisie appearances as a defensive midfielder.

Anita is one of the leading candidates for the left-back berth, with Davide Santon set to switch between both positions next season.

Lol, where to they get this s*** from?

He was removed from LB since he was better in DM from what i have heard?

From the Journal and its bullshit, he's a highly-rated DM than can play at fullback.... Journo's should really do their research.

French site saying Carr's at match today to watch Debuchy again. Also says we've got Reveillere and Ebondo as contingency plans.

Carr himself said he wasn't going to the Euro's as they dont watch players after April as they are tired. All their work was done way before the season end.

Carr himself said he wasn't going to the Euro's as they dont watch players after April as they are tired. All their work was done way before the season end.

I am pretty sure Pardew said Carr will be at the tournament no? or did i dream that?  :undecided:

I don't know if it makes us a selling club, which is a phrase used by journalists and Sky morons, but i do believe should a sizable offer come in for any of our players we are liable to sell. I'm not saying that is wrong, it may well be for the good of the club but we should always brace ourselves for interest from richer clubs.

When we hear rumours of enquires and scouting for players like Anita, i presume it's the club giving themselves an option in the event that we do decide to sell. If we are looking to add Anita to the squad because we need a bigger an better squad next year, i will be very impressed, as it shows considerable ambition.

I've been arguing that for months as well, but people are only prepared to accept it now we're being successful.

Me too :)

Anyone with an ounce of sense could have seen every player we sold was a good move for whatever reason + Jose. People just refused to believe it because of 'OMGZ but Nolans Influence in the dressing room' etc etc