NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest bimpy474

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9507274/Newcastle-manager-Alan-Pardew-is-content-with-his-squad-as-the-transfer-deadline-approaches.html

“We’re not really trying to get players in,” said Pardew, whose side play Greek club Atromitos tonight following a 1-1 draw in Athens in the first leg of their Europa League qualifier. “I’m 100 per cent happy to go with what we’ve got. I think the squad can cope with Europe.

“The young lads are going to get games this season. I’ve been saying to them, ‘This is your year.’

“I think we’re just watching the market and seeing if anything pops its head up to see if it’s appealing.”

How spineless. Another window he's completely lied to us then.

Or he's been lied to again by Ashley/Llambias.

If he had any sense he'd have maintained a Hughton-like silence during the window. He's been burned before and yet again by the looks of it.

But then people wouldn't be happy if he said nowt.

Rather that than be lied to.

I'll ask again, when has Pardew lied?

"If you can't do your business in the summer, then I don't know why because there is plenty of time."

“We’re not really trying to get players in”

That not really lying, thats change of circumstances. If you give the benefit of doubt like.

Both quotes were published today a few hours apart. What changed?

Dekka and Fatty telling him we have failed to sign anyone i suppose. As a manager Pardew would sign players galore, not happening with the model we now adopt.

In a way i like it but when you see a good thing slipping through your fingers its frustrating.

Even Barca after they have won fucking all there is to win tries to improve.

I have been supporting Ashley for a long time. I think he has done a lot of good and I like "saving money". Last season I was positive and thought we were better than the season before.

But now. I don´t know. I have lost the faith with the club. As long as Ashley is in charge we may float around a EL spot at most. But I can´t see us go future.

While some supporters think that´s ok I don´t think so. I hate when there is no ambition, especially if you can do it.

I will try and enjoy HBA this season. He will be just great. Other than that. I won´t hold my breath.

Guest bimpy474

Overall i think we were lucky with injuries last season, might not have the same luck.

I thought we were unlucky but got lucky with Perch. Talking about the defence only there.

Guest neesy111

Don't know how ppl say best did nothing or hardly played.  Started 16 league games and was a big contributor to Ba's form last season.

The reactions are utterly bizarre man. Everyone go back to August 2011 & review your posts. It may not go aswell as last season, but atleast entertain the idea that this isnt a complete disaster. You'd have thought Pards would have gained some trust by now.

The reactions are not bizarre, they are quite understandable.

Yes we had a great season, yes we have good players and management. But is that it? Do we just stand still and think well we've shown we've done it before, so let's do it again. No successful football clubs operate this way. It's imperative to strengthen when on the front foot and we've failed to do that. There's nothing bizarre in people being disappointed we're not having a go at improving ourselves.

I know but this goes round in circles doesnt it. People have made the point that we have Barfa & Cisse from the start now, these are two huge players for us. This is a big difference from the start of last season & we've already beaten the side that came 4th due to the influence of the former in the very first game.

We're all dissapointed not to sign more players, but we havent missed any opportunity yet. We dont know how the seasons going to go.

Most of you have a relationship with the club akin to that of a spoilt only-child and it's mother.

All you want is more. Now.

Meltdown when you don't get it :lol:

'More' than nothing, yeah. :lol:

You'd think people would have learned after last summer with some of the over-reactions again. :lol:

Except last summer we actually bought players...

How many players did we buy that weren't replacements for our better players leaving though?

Exactly. When you look at it compared to our immediate rivals (in my opinion).

Arsenal.

RvP & Song out, Podolski, Giroud & Cazorla in...one player up (at best)

Spurs.

Modric, Corluka out (King retired), Dembele, Sigurdsson, Verthonghen, & Adebayor (who they had last year anyway) in...£6m in profit omfg!!11

Newcastle

Best & Guthrie out, Amalfitano, Bigirimana & Anita in (one first-team squad member up)

Everton

Rodwell & Cahill out, Mirallas, Naismith & Pienaar (who they had for 5 months last year anyway) in.

Liverpool

Kuyt, Bellamy & Maxi out, Sahin, Allen, Borini & Assaldi in (1 first-team squad member up)

I'd say we're still in a very strong position, if not even a bit stronger, than most of those rivals given how key some of those outgoing players are, and having to rely on their replacements to be as good.

Guest bimpy474

Most of you have a relationship with the club akin to that of a spoilt only-child and it's mother.

Fuck off you.

:lol:

Anita, Cisse, Arfa

Re: tyson's post above

I may be in the minority here but I actually think it's harder to crack the top four this year than last. Man City/Man Utd/Chelsea spent ridiculous money. Arsenal will still be there, Spurs still there. Liverpool to look out for. I don't think we're two signings away from the CL, I think we're quite a distance away.

Chelsea finishing 5th then winning the CL and blowing £100m fucked our chances, really.

And we attempt to combat this by... doing nothing? :lol:

Well we don't have the £110m it'd take to catch Chelsea. We go with the team who served us so well last year plus some upgrades on the departures...bar Best (who barely played)

Yeah, just the 21 appearances last year for Leon Best. :lol:

How many after Cissé signed? His role became less and less in the second half of the season. He was technically replaced in January

Guest bimpy474

You'd think people would have learned after last summer with some of the over-reactions again. :lol:

How many players did we buy that weren't replacements for our better players leaving though?

Arsenal.

Spurs.

Modric, Corluka out (King retired), Dembele, Sigurdsson, Verthonghen, & Adebayor (who they had last year anyway) in...£6m in profit omfg!!11

Newcastle

Best & Guthrie out, Amalfitano, Bigirimana & Anita in (one first-team squad member up)

Everton

Rodwell & Cahill out, Mirallas, Naismith & Pienaar (who they had for 5 months last year anyway) in.

Liverpool

Kuyt, Bellamy & Maxi out, Sahin, Allen, Borini & Assaldi in (1 first-team squad member up)

I'd say we're still in a very strong position, if not even a bit stronger, than most of those rivals given how key some of those outgoing players are, and having to rely on their replacements to be as good.

But most those teams signed senior players, we have only sign one in Anita.

Anita, Cisse, Arfa

That makes no sense whatsoever.

I think we were lucky in many ways last season. And bar fucking Simpson I don´t think the first team is the problem (if we play 4-3-3), it´s the dept.

I think premier league is the most important tournament. I hope we priority that, and one cup too, and play kids in the other competitions.

As long as Ashley is in charge we may float around a EL spot at most.

Regardless of signings, that's probably the realistic limit of most clubs anyway. Financially, Man U, Man City and Chelsea are in a league of their own, and should retain the top three places in the years ahead. That leaves Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and ourselves chasing that final spot above the joke known as the Europa League.

Guest neesy111

I may be in the minority here but I actually think it's harder to crack the top four this year than last. Man City/Man Utd/Chelsea spent ridiculous money. Arsenal will still be there, Spurs still there. Liverpool to look out for. I don't think we're two signings away from the CL, I think we're quite a distance away.

Chelsea finishing 5th then winning the CL and blowing £100m fucked our chances, really.

And we attempt to combat this by... doing nothing? :lol:

Well we don't have the £110m it'd take to catch Chelsea. We go with the team who served us so well last year plus some upgrades on the departures...bar Best (who barely played)

Yeah, just the 21 appearances last year for Leon Best. :lol:

How many after Cissé signed? His role became less and less in the second half of the season. He was technically replaced in January

He was injured for most of the 2nd half of the season from February.

Arsenal.

Spurs.

Newcastle

Everton

Liverpool

Anita could be classed as Guthrie's replacement, we have 3 other squad members...at a push we're Leon Best down, I'm not going to lose too much sleep over that. The others are only 1, maybe 2 first-team squad members better off than last year themselves when you take into account the outgoings.

Anita, Cisse, Arfa

That makes no sense whatsoever.

:thup:

Guest bimpy474

Arsenal.

Spurs.

Newcastle

Everton

Liverpool

Anita could be classed as Guthrie's replacement, we have 3 other squad members...at a push we're Leon Best down, I'm not going to lose too much sleep over that. The others are only 1, maybe 2 first-team squad members better off than last year themselves when you take into account the outgoings.

Agree we are ok number wise, ish anyway, a striker and a centre half light for me.

Its just the quality to come in that worries me.

As long as Ashley is in charge we may float around a EL spot at most.

Regardless of signings, that's probably the realistic limit of most clubs anyway. Financially, Man U, Man City and Chelsea are in a league of their own, and should retain the top three places in the years ahead. That leaves Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and ourselves chasing that final spot above the joke known as the Europa League.

That may be the case. But I have never heard of an athlete that don´t want to improve. And if there is. They can fuck off from the professional world.