NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

We're just unbelievably shite at summer transfer windows.

I dunno, January was pretty fucking mint.

People just need to calm the fuck down. The pessimism on this place is frankly pathetic. Wait until the start of the new season before chucking the toys out the pram.

:thup:

We're just unbelievably s**** at summer transfer windows.

I dunno, January was pretty f***ing mint.

People just need to calm the f*** down. The pessimism on this place is frankly pathetic. Wait until the start of the new season before chucking the toys out the pram.

Although if we still haven't made any progress when it gets to mid-July I'll start to worry, would rather any new signings had as much time as possible to settle in.

Guest neesy111

People just need to calm the f*** down. The pessimism on this place is frankly pathetic. Wait until the start of the new season before chucking the toys out the pram.

Although if we still haven't made any progress when it gets to mid-July I'll start to worry, would rather any new signings had as much time as possible to settle in.

Costs more in wages though.

Guest Roger Kint

People just need to calm the fuck down. The pessimism on this place is frankly pathetic. Wait until the start of the new season before chucking the toys out the pram.

Likewise, but every fucker is on holiday at the minute. It's only deals that have been in the pipeline for a while that are getting rubber stamped.

I know I'm being pessimistic, but January only caught us back up to where we should have been.

I never imagined last June that the club would just release, and rest on their laurels given Europa League.

I worry that January will be the cash splash, and that'll do, and we'll fall behind again.

It's pessimistic, but I guess by the time I got to July last year I knew we were going to be in trouble transfer-wise.  And the lack of rumours, and links to lacklustre targets remind me of another Curtis Good and Vurnon Anita - a few kids, and a gifted player we don't know how to use.

Yeah, someone get me some medication.

Wot, not September 1st?

I'm going to be crazy and trust what was said in Llambias' interview after the accounts were released :o

We MUST have learned that our squad can't cope....even without EL if our injuries are even half as bad as last season we'd still be a mess.

http://www.vote29.com/newmyblog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/head-up-ass.jpg

We'd had bad transfer windows before. They're not indicative of anything. Just because last summer was shit doesn't mean this summer will follow the same pattern. The fact the club have acknowledged that last summer was a disaster suggests they're not seeking to repeat it.

It's common knowledge we brought forward a few deals in January. If things had panned out differently I imagine we'd be here now chatting excitedly about where Sissoko and Gouffran will fit into the team, instead they arrived in the New Year. Good thing or bad thing? That depends on your perspective I suppose.

I'd put my house on the fact that come midnight on 31st August most people on here will be up in arms, not because the club didn't spend but because they didn't spend enough/in the right areas. I probably wont be happy but I'm a fan and fans never are. There are always areas we can improve, however I hope that after a few days when I've looked at it dispassionately I'm at least satisfied we've improved the squad. As a fan I want to see us bring in two quality strikers, however I the realist in me understands that we'll probably only get one because we're not yet in a position where we can convince great players to sit on the bench. Christ, even Best fucked off the minute he realised that he'd be spending most of his Saturday's cuddled up alongside Steve Harper.

That said I won't begrudge anyone a hissy fit at that stage. At this moment though, when most of European football are sunning themselves around pools/on beaches/on yachts, it just seems daft to get worked up. The window hasn't even officially opened yet.

Is anyone throwing a hissy fit though, really? Seems like an exaggeration.

You know what I mean.

This place is an absolutely chore to visit at the minute because not only is there absolutely nothing worthy of discussion going on but everyone's so bloody depressed. Maybe it's because Pardew didn't get binned that everyone is so down on everything. There seemed to be a lot of expectation he'd get the sack and when it didn't happen everyone went a bit emo.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a glass half empty type of person but there's a lot of posters who have fucked off the water, smashed the glass and started rolling in the shards over the past few weeks :lol:

EDIT: I will say the carry on with pre-season is a fucking disgrace. A joke we're in the same situation two years in a row. How's that for pessimism?

Im sick of managers using transfer windowd as an excuse for failure. Last year was about 80/20 failings of the manager. Yes we should have strengthened further but I wont let it or this window be an excuse for Pardew.

If expect our squad to finish in the top half next year, with the squad we have right now.

Im sick of managers using transfer windowd as an excuse for failure. Last year was about 80/20 failings of the manager. Yes we should have strengthened further but I wont let it or this window be an excuse for Pardew.

If expect our squad to finish in the top half next year, with the squad we have right now.

This.

I think we've got a very strong squad. Last summer had nowt to do with our peformances last season. It was all Pardew.

We've got some good players no doubt but there's clearly areas that need to be improved on. It's not the time to start fretting yet but past experience means I won't be holding my breath that there'll be multiple genuine quality additions to the squad. There's also just too manya contradictions from Pardew in relation to player recruitment and expectation as to where the club should be looking to finish - no point listening to any of it.

We desperately need some new creative options and more players who can score because we're woefully reliant on Cisse. Whether we get those players in remainds to be seen. Mind when the manager sets us up not to lose you have to wonder what difference new players will make in any case. You could bring in a new attacking midfielder and striker and while they'd add more offensive power but if they're constantly told to keep it tight for 70 mins before trying to nick one then they're not going to make a massive difference either way  :lol:

I agree that we've got the squad to finish top 10 right now, and we know that's the extent of the boards ambition (in practice I think they're just happy to stay up). For that reason I'm not holding out much hope for more players, I think replacements for any we sell is the best we can hope for. Just want Ashley to fuck off tbh.

Agree. Think we have a very strong squad, and we need to start blooding in the youngsters as well.

Unfortunately the inept manager has been stifling them. Hope he can raise his game significantly come the new season.

Guest Roger Kint

Wouldnt mind a few of our players stepping up too after a poor season. Shit manager or not there were some shocking performances from them. If we can boost our starting XI with 1/2 and a few younger players i would be confident we could be in and around 8-10th place.

s*** manager or not there were some shocking performances from them.

While I agree there's been some of the worst performances I've seen for a while, some of the main culprits are players being misused ie cabaye, cisse, sissoko even tiote to an extent in some games. 

Guest Roger Kint

s*** manager or not there were some shocking performances from them.

While I agree there's been some of the worst performances I've seen for a while, some of the main culprits are players being misused ie cabaye, cisse, sissoko even tiote to an extent in some games. 

Being misused doesnt excuse lack of effort either. We have too many prepared to wave a white flag during games when its starts going against us.

Guest taps01

Is anyone throwing a hissy fit though, really? Seems like an exaggeration.

Think people are just upset at the thought of losing out on Alex Pearce.

Wouldnt mind a few of our players stepping up too after a poor season. Shit manager or not there were some shocking performances from them. If we can boost our starting XI with 1/2 and a few younger players i would be confident we could be in and around 8-10th place.

Yup.