sunderland

JH

It's so obvious that pretty much everything Brummie said has been the case, it's like MON has 11 favourite players who he will shoehorn into the team regardless of how poor a player is in a different position. After months of Gardner at right back/Colback at left back he's now a huge fan of Larsson in centre midfield because he can't drop him, even though he's absolutely dreadful aside from his set piece delivery

It's so obvious that pretty much everything Brummie said has been the case, it's like MON has 11 favourite players who he will shoehorn into the team regardless of how poor a player is in a different position. After months of Gardner at right back/Colback at left back he's now a huge fan of Larsson in centre midfield because he can't drop him, even though he's absolutely dreadful aside from his set piece delivery

which is why they struggle at the end of the season with 11 knackered overworked players

It seemed that when we got sounees that was in light of the failure to get 'too manager MON' that many wanted. Makes you wonder now how better it would have been if shepherd had gotten his man.

MON was a different animal then. Was linked weekly with the ManU job.

It seemed that when we got sounees that was in light of the failure to get 'too manager MON' that many wanted. Makes you wonder now how better it would have been if shepherd had gotten his man.

looks a ghost of the bloke on clips from 10 years a go.

I think If they lose at home to reading, there is little hope for them.

Aye, he wasn't an out of date dinosaur back then.

Thing is he's backed himself into a corner here. He's saying stuff like "we're in a real fight there" and "I've got a massive challenge on". Unlike Villa where, league wise, he was getting good positions and then decided to fuck off because, behind the scenes, he wasn't given more money (I'm sure Brummie will correct me if I'm wrong there!)

He has no place to hide and I don't think he'll get away with it if he does just down tools and leave. Unlucky Marty.

MON was a different animal

then. Was linked weekly with the ManU job.

We'd have gotten the MON that villa got, who doesn't sound too dissimilar from what Brummell says.

Guest bimpy474

Football has evolved from the two wingers and two banks of four that O'Nil and many managers like him used to good effect. Now he just looks what he is, a manager with a lack of imagination as to what to do. He just doesn't know how to change his system.

Even if you put aside the poor overrated overvalued players he buys, he would still struggle to get a team winning playing the way he does, 4-4-2 as he plays it just doesn't work anymore. A warning to Pardew this, and to my utter disgust Pardew plays it with less short passing than O'Nil does.

Even if we follow that 100% wrong opinion, he's saying that when they play well and are the better team, they lose. :lol:

If they're in the relegation zone being the better team, I'd hate to see them when they're second best.

The point is of course moot because the poster is clearly a moron.

Thing is he's backed himself into a corner here. He's saying stuff like "we're in a real fight there" and "I've got a massive challenge on". Unlike Villa where, league wise, he was getting good positions and then decided to f*** off because, behind the scenes, he wasn't given more money (I'm sure Brummie will correct me if I'm wrong there!)

He has no place to hide and I don't think he'll get away with it if he does just down tools and leave. Unlucky Marty.

Basically - he was told to clear up his mess first, and sell the players that were sitting in the reserves on big contracts.

O'Neil's a good motivator, poor tactician and dreadful in the transfer market.

If he somehow manages to accumulate enough players that he accidentally ends up with a few good ones, he can motivate them to do well. The problem is that takes about £100m+ in todays money to get a mediocre league finish. Short won't give him anything like that amount, so he's basically fucked.

If he somehow manages to accumulate enough players that he accidentally ends up with a few good ones, he can motivate them to do well. The problem is that takes about £100m+ in todays money to get a mediocre league finish. Short won't give him anything like that amount, so he's basically fucked.

A9nWsnBCcAAQrnb.jpg

I've made a huge mistake

If he somehow manages to accumulate enough players that he accidentally ends up with a few good ones, he can motivate them to do well. The problem is that takes about £100m+ in todays money to get a mediocre league finish. Short won't give him anything like that amount, so he's basically f***ed.

A9nWsnBCcAAQrnb.jpg

I've made a huge mistake

His wifes face looks like she's got a dildo stuck up her arse

Thing is he's backed himself into a corner here. He's saying stuff like "we're in a real fight there" and "I've got a massive challenge on". Unlike Villa where, league wise, he was getting good positions and then decided to f*** off because, behind the scenes, he wasn't given more money (I'm sure Brummie will correct me if I'm wrong there!)

Basically - he was told to clear up his mess first, and sell the players that were sitting in the reserves on big contracts.

He was asked several times to move some of the big wage players he wasn't using on - basically, to manage his squad like every other manager does.

He kept saying he would but then didn't. He kept asking fr more money from Lerner, which he got, but still didn't move players on. The final argument was because Lerner wouldn't let him spend a huge wad on Aiden McGeady until he'd moved some players on *first*

That's specifically what he walked over.

Incidentally, his media backers saying Short hasn't backed him despite him spunking 25m on just two home market players sums up everything about the bloke.

He was asked several times to move some of the big wage players he wasn't using on - basically, to manage his squad like every other manager does.

He kept saying he would but then didn't. He kept asking fr more money from Lerner, which he got, but still didn't move players on. The final argument was because Lerner wouldn't let him spend a huge wad on Aiden McGeady until he'd moved some players on *first*

That's specifically what he walked over.

Incidentally, his media backers saying Short hasn't backed him despite him spunking 25m on just two home market players sums up everything about the bloke.

iirc there was a huge pool of 'back up' players on 50-60k :lol:

With any luck he'll be given enough time to repeat that magic at Sunderland....

Already got O'Shea and Brown on long, lucrative, frankly ridiculous deals thanks to Mr Bruce. And Saha's there too, how long was he given? Hopefully a decade or something.