Europa League 2012/13 - Benfica 1 - 2 Chelsea

MKSC
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Benfica_1904

I was away traveling to my parents place.

Feels so good to leave Lisbon once in a while.

Life in the countryside is just so real...

Where are you now ?

Guest insanzada

I was away traveling to my parents place.

Feels so good to leave Lisbon once in a while.

Life in the countryside is just so real...

Plenty animals for you to sexually abuse  O0

Guest insanzada

Benfica fans - do your players dive a lot, or not really?

We had some divers in the past. Nowadays I think none of the usual players are a diver.

Guest aimar10

Well we're biased, but i won't say our players don't dive once in a while. But that's definitely not a trademark of ours, not something to expect from our game. We like to play offensive and score.

Guest rdr10

That's a difficult question because we have a lot of talented players like Gaitan that when feel the touch fell to the ground, I don't consider a player that gets touch a diver but I know in England it's tottaly diferent!

Do you consider Ben Arfa a diver ?! If not none of our players is a diver  O0

Guest insanzada

One thing that I feel that you should know. Our Jesus does not believe in Fair Play. So sometimes players take a litle long time to put the ball out of play in cases of injury and stuff.  :huff:

Well we're biased, but i won't say our players don't dive once in a while. But that's definitely not a trademark of ours, not something to expect from our game. We like to play offensive and score.

Very honest of you to say. I imagine your experience in Europe may be a deciding factor in the tie, sadly.

Also, unfortunately our manager is very defensive and cannot coach the team to play good football on the ground/keep the ball.

Guest insanzada

I have a piece of an interview from Sir Bobby Robson talking about Benfica that I translated. I'll post it as soon as I get a grammar check  :rolleyes:

Guest The Legendary Tiger Man

I'd just like to talk about a very nice episode regarding a very special man. It's very rare for someone to be admired by rival fans in Portugal. One of those rare persons was Bobby Robson.

Here's an extract from his biography. He's talking about the time he arrived to Portugal to coach Sporting Lisbon and in the 2nd paragraph is when he was about to leave them.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-U_ewax-H1f8/TsWjvxZVmSI/AAAAAAAADWs/TIhbF89BAeA/s1600/BIOGRAFIA+BOBBY+ROBSON.jpg

Everything went well. Sporting rented an appartment for me, on the 9th floor. But what did i see from my balcony? No more no less than the Estádio da Luz (Stadium of Light). I immediately felt pleased with the portuguese atmopshere. The Stadium of Light was worldwidly famous. I couldn't ignore the magic that envolved it. Plus, among the portuguese, my club had always been Benfica. Meanwhile i started thinking that I now belonged to his closest rival (Sporting Lisbon) [....]

I was ready to leave Sporting and carry on with my life, as soon as they paid me what was due to me. We were in the Fall of 1993 and it became especially painful for me to open the doors  of my balcony and set my eyes on the Estádio da Luz and think: "Here's the club where I should be, the Glorious Benfica, the one I always admired"

Truly, SIR Bobby Robson  O0

Guest Red Zeppelin

Portuguese football has a lot of diving because of poor referees that don´t try to help the game, that´s why our league can be sometimes boring to watch... But anyway, Benfica is a very offensive side that doest rely much on diving, but it can always happen... I just hope it don´t.

Guest insanzada

I'd just like to talk about a very nice episode regarding a very special man. It's very rare for someone to be admired by rival fans in Portugal. One of those rare persons was Bobby Robson.

Here's an extract from his biography. He's talking about the time he arrived to Portugal to coach Sporting Lisbon and in the 2nd paragraph is when he was about to leave them.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-U_ewax-H1f8/TsWjvxZVmSI/AAAAAAAADWs/TIhbF89BAeA/s1600/BIOGRAFIA+BOBBY+ROBSON.jpg

Everything went well. Sporting rented an appartment for me, on the 9th floor. But what did i see from my balcony? No more no less than the Estádio da Luz (Stadium of Light). I immediately felt pleased with the portuguese atmopshere. The Stadium of Light was worldwidly famous. I couldn't ignore the magic that envolved it. Plus, among the portuguese, my club had always been Benfica. Meanwhile i started thinking that I now belonged to his closest rival (Sporting Lisbon) [....]

I was ready to leave Sporting and carry on with my life, as soon as they paid me what was due to me. We were in the Fall of 1993 and it became especially painful for me to open the doors  of my balcony and set my eyes on the Estádio da Luz and think: "Here's the club where I should be, the Glorious Benfica, the one I always admired"

You s*d f**k  :knuppel2:

Portuguese football has a lot of diving because of poor referees that don´t try to help the game, that´s why our league can be sometimes boring to watch... But anyway, Benfica is a very offensive side that doest rely much on diving, but it can always happen... I just hope it don´t.

TBH that's good for us, we are much better when we're on the counter attack than trying to break down a deep defence.

:smitten:

Guest rdr10

TBH that's good for us, we are much better when we're on the counter attack than trying to break down a deep defence.

If you play open against our side I don't see good things coming to your side :p

Maybe you guys have luck in having such a deffensive coach, it's the best way to win the tie against us (My humble opinion)  :angel:

If you play open against our side I don't see good things coming to your side :p

Maybe you guys have luck in having such a deffensive coach, it's the best way to win the tie against us (My humble opinion)  :angel:

We are very dangerous from corner kicks.

Edit: Mainly to us, though.

Guest Red Zeppelin

Yes, but we play like this in our domestic games, on Europa league we´ve been playing a bit different with a more reinforced midfield and a more patient approach, but always trying to be on the command instead of running after the ball.