Summer Transfer Window Predictions

Guest sicko2ndbest

I resisted as long as I could.

Out: Smith, Lovenkrands, Xisco, Best, Simpson, Gosling, Ben Arfa (just to be controversial).

In:

Clyne: Free

Hoilett: Free

Douglas: Free

Zaha: 6.75m

Some Random Keeper

Another random central midfielder

Think Ba will resign, although I could be wrong. Also think Tiote hasn't shone as brightly as last season and will stick around.

:banghead:

Don't know how many times I have to correct people with regards to this. FC Twente have a one sided clause to extend his contract by one more season, which they will almost certainly use, considering it will mean they can get a fee for him.

Hoilett won't be free either, they'll get a significant compensation fee. Upwards of £6 or 7 million apparently.

Clyne will be compo too but significantly less. I've got a feeling we'll definitely sign him.

What makes you think we'll definitely get Clyne? Man U are reportedly very interested and I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of competition for his signature.

Pards mentioning we are looking at Palace's players on Goals on Sunday (plus his Palace connections), ITKs on the palace forum saying we were after him plus Simpson's contract situation and our need for a fullback in general. Just got a hunch, I can't see him going to Man U.

I resisted as long as I could.

Out: Smith, Lovenkrands, Xisco, Best, Simpson, Gosling, Ben Arfa (just to be controversial).

In:

Clyne: Free

Hoilett: Free

Douglas: Free

Zaha: 6.75m

Some Random Keeper

Another random central midfielder

Think Ba will resign, although I could be wrong. Also think Tiote hasn't shone as brightly as last season and will stick around.

:banghead:

Don't know how many times I have to correct people with regards to this. FC Twente have a one sided clause to extend his contract by one more season, which they will almost certainly use, considering it will mean they can get a fee for him.

Hoilett won't be free either, they'll get a significant compensation fee. Upwards of £6 or 7 million apparently.

Clyne will be compo too but significantly less. I've got a feeling we'll definitely sign him.

What makes you think we'll definitely get Clyne? Man U are reportedly very interested and I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of competition for his signature.

Pards mentioning we are looking at Palace's players on Goals on Sunday (plus his Palace connections), ITKs on the palace forum saying we were after him plus Simpson's contract situation and our need for a fullback in general. Just got a hunch, I can't see him going to Man U.

Fair enough. Never seen the lad play, but if the club really want him I hope you're right.

Guest pont-toon

Man United will be too busy buying central midfielders, hopefully.

Probably ours

No chance will they get Perch man - he'll end up at a far bigger club than them

Guest VaVaVoom

Literally impossible to predict our transfer windows these days.

1. Starting left-back........ Imperative.

2. Starting centre-back... Imperative.

3. Backup striker............. Necessary.

4. Backup winger............ Not absolutely necessary but would be nice.

That's what we need this summer, in order of priority, assuming nobody other than the bosmans leave. Would take a backup centre-back (as opposed to an out-and-out replacement for Taylor).

I agree with most of that but i wouldnt say starting CB is THAT important like. More a backup of good quality. I'm happy with Saylor and Coloccini.

Should we qualify for europe which is likely, i dont think we will lose ANY of our key players fwiw.

Shift out the dead wood and bring in a few to challenge the 1st team and bolster the squad.

Cissokho or Pieters, M'biwa and De Jong would be fantastic.