Whats your PAR for Newcastle United??

cp40

Looking at Benwell Lad and BottledDog's results, beginning to think I must have added mine up wrong.

Aye, probably had a harder calculation than most people.

A lot of 2nd division in there, much of it 22+ position. The Leicester away season when we finished 20th definitely impacted.

I followed the lifetime average like everyone but really can't compare the club back then and now.

For a city and club like ours, considering the stadium,support and foundations we're (hopefully) building I'd say nothing less than a European challenge should be expected or acceptable. 

PAR for me is top of the league and winning every trophy imaginable. Simply because we are Newcastle United. We aren't just a football club, a number of peoples hobby come Saturday, an expensive treat to the family, etc. We are the hot bed for footballing passion. We are the noise. We are a proud nation of hard working individuals who thrive on seeing the lads who represent us doing well. Black and White aren't just colours, they're life. The Black of our darkest days meeting the White of our successes. The Tyne runs in our veins like it flows throuh our beautiful land and lies underneath the most symbolic of symbols. We have a history, we have traditions, we have Dmba Ba.

PAR for me is top of the league and winning every trophy imaginable. Simply because we are Newcastle United. We aren't just a football club, a number of peoples hobby come Saturday, an expensive treat to the family, etc. We are the hot bed for footballing passion. We are the noise. We are a proud nation of hard working individuals who thrive on seeing the lads who represent us doing well. Black and White aren't just colours, they're life. The Black of our darkest days meeting the White of our successes. The Tyne runs in our veins like it flows throuh our beautiful land and lies underneath the most symbolic of symbols. We have a history, we have traditions, we have Dmba Ba.

You've got me up for it Hez, where are you leading us mate and who are we fighting? Don't care I'm in  :frantic:

and Shola

It makes sense that the average position feels instinctively below par to most people as its not fully representative of how we've done. Obviously nobody would bother to do it but to see where we are on a par basis would require taking every team's average finishing position and then ranking them - so whilst the average final position may be (for instance) 13th that may actually be the 8th best average. For what it's worth around about 8th place feels right to me.