Rangers Newco

Decky

Everyone thinks they will breeze it, but won't they lose most of their good players?

possibly but they'll have the pull by the fact they're rangers (and in theory with their crowds hold to any reasonable extent they'll be able to financially out muscle anyone they face with ease) to be able to get players who are better than the standard they'll be playing

Everyone thinks they will breeze it, but won't they lose most of their good players?

It depends really. If they went to Division 3 I can't see many of them wanting to play in Division 3 for a year never mind being out of the SPL for at least 3 years. Relegation to Division 1 though would probably keep their most loyal/aged so badly none else will take them players which will give them a free run into the SPL providing they aren't given a severe points deduction.

Voted back into the SPL and it's back to where we were.

Rangers fans spitting fury about these teams voting no, really bitter responses about looking forward to seeing them suffer because of it. I don't understand it, do they not realise that it is the right thing to happen in every way possible.

Rangers fans spitting fury about these teams voting no, really bitter responses about looking forward to seeing them suffer because of it. I don't understand it, do they not realise that it is the right thing to happen in every way possible.

I feel sorry for them because they are just doing what we would do if we were in their situation, fight to keep our club.

The thing is though why would they wish the same thing on supporters of other clubs?

I feel sorry for them because they are just doing what we would do if we were in their situation, fight to keep our club.

The thing is though why would they wish the same thing on supporters of other clubs?

Because they are horrible detestable odious cunts.  Probably the worst human beings on the planet.

Guest Roger Kint

The thing with the likes of Hearts & Dundee Utd is they'll see 2nd place as up for grabs without them so they'll naturally vote no.

Although I'm sure it won't be long before they just go to one CL spot anyway shortly.

Bit shit of Hearts given their own financial problems the last 2 years they could easily have been in a similar position, that said i agree with them saying no so cant grumble too much.

Aberdeen to vote No as well.  Get In.

Only two more clubs need to come out against and then they're out of the SPL?

Yep, Rangers need at least 8-4 in their favour.

Wonder what Celtic will do?

I was convinced Newco would be voted in but after Mad Vlad taking the lead yesterday there is no chance we will see Zombie Rangers in the SPL.  Hibs will also be a no and with Motherwells going to the fans its all effectively all over.

At this rate they will be lucky to even be in the SFL next season.

Aberdeen to vote No as well.  Get In.

Only two more clubs need to come out against and then they're out of the SPL?

Yep, Rangers need at least 8-4 in their favour.

Wonder what Celtic will do?

Lawell and Celtic are looking like the decision will be made for them.  The majority of fans want a no but from a power, business and financial stance Lawell and the board would IMO have wanted to vote yes which would have been a disaster for the relationship between club and fans.  If its looking like more than enough are voting no (which it is) Celtic may as well vote no to save face with their supporters.

Guest Roger Kint

i'm surely being obtuse here but how is the required vote 8-4?  that means 12 teams voting but how can the newco get a vote, or even the oldco for that matter...

At first i assumed the SPL had a vote but if as you say its Newco/Oldco or whatever then it does seem daft.

The thing with the likes of Hearts & Dundee Utd is they'll see 2nd place as up for grabs without them so they'll naturally vote no.

Although I'm sure it won't be long before they just go to one CL spot anyway shortly.

Bit s*** of Hearts given their own financial problems the last 2 years they could easily have been in a similar position, that said i agree with them saying no so cant grumble too much.

The Hearts situation is slightly different in that their debt is owed to Ukio Bankas of which Vladimir Romanov is the majority shareholder, so short of him kicking the bucket I can't see their debt being called in any time soon.

Considering that there's some confusion over whether the newco actually has any players (Green says that the contracts with the oldco are still valid, everyone else who knows about this sort of stuff disagrees) I think they're going to struggle.

Which teams have yet to vote?

All of them :p

So far hearts, utd and Aberdeen have said they'll vote no. Rangers and killie will vote yes, Motherwell will let their fans decide leaving hibs, st mirren, st Johnstone, Ross county , inverness and Celtic.